Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

17 hours ago, Dealer Magnus Opus said:

.That it is overlooked while a mediocre overly long by 7 minutes Venice Bitch gets non stop praise from you sheep who will call anything with warbled guitars PSYCHEDELIC

Pls I don’t get why this is still an argument, it’s a dream pop song, which is a sub-genre of neo-psychedelia. It’s not really psychedelic rock or anything, but there also really isn’t a set criteria on what makes a song ‘psychedelic’. It’s an informal descriptor that’s pretty subjective and is used to describe feeling more than anything. I would argue though that its subject matter, ethereal feeling, fuzzy/hazy guitar distortion, reverb, synth/theremin? use, density/sensory overload in the interlude is the reason why people can (easily) call it psychedelic. 

sgopYhV.gif

13 minutes ago, Stargirls Dealer said:

LOL not to get too off topic but YouTube has suggested I watch a few videos of Lana’s songs styled as a “blue banisters version” - they’re pretty interesting I think! 

Oh that account has tons of fascinating reworks!

On 12/5/2021 at 5:44 PM, alittleparty said:

omg was looking at their videos and this one uses an edit i made lol 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Reminder of NFR's dominance on 2019 year-end lists:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2019/

:oprah::oprah::oprah:

As infuriating as the media's response to Lana is, I am so happy that this masterpiece clicked for people and will forever be regarded as one of the greatest albums to end the decade right before the world fell apart.

5 minutes ago, DCooper said:

:oprah::oprah::oprah:

As infuriating as the media's response to Lana is, I am so happy that this masterpiece clicked for people and will forever be regarded as one of the greatest albums to end the decade right before the world fell apart.

Couldn’t have said it better myself! NFR is eerily prophetic in that way — I’ve always thought that Lana has a sense of premonition or higher consciousness, which is often channeled through her creativity. :oprah:

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself! NFR is eerily prophetic in that way — I’ve always thought that Lana has a sense of premonition or higher consciousness, which is often channeled through her creativity. :oprah:

It's so true! :cryney2:

On 12/5/2021 at 12:44 PM, alittleparty said:

i love their AKA reworks that are just acoustic guitar and her vocal pitched way up. so nostalgic

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Venice Bitch is still such a bitch:wowcry::oprah:

It makes me miss Summer & beaches so so much:trisha:

It aged so good , still after more than 2 years this song puts me in a trance, it's a beautiful journey,  it makes me transcend into a universe full of oceans & beaches  where I'm lying happy in the crashing waves:thumb2:

SHE DID THAT:godlaugh: Venice Bitch should have been SOTY:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

46 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Venice Bitch is still such a bitch:wowcry::oprah:

It makes me miss Summer & beaches so so much:trisha:

It aged so good , still after more than 2 years this song puts me in a trance, it's a beautiful journey,  it makes me transcend into a universe full of oceans & beaches  where I'm lying happy in the crashing waves:thumb2:

SHE DID THAT:godlaugh: Venice Bitch should have been SOTY:true:

I truly believe it has to be one of the best songs of all time. Unbelievably good.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I can relate to The Greatest so so much recently :trisha: Also this song is actually really beautiful & so good. The way it strips down towards the end & ends with the beautiful piano. It might be my new favourite song on NFR. I can't believe I used to slander this song & said it sounds like a fart..like were I deaf or what :bebe:

The Greatest is a career highlight, a classic & truly has become a very personal song for me:wowcry:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

What I can say about NFR at this point is:

The fact that this album still literally moves the sea, the winds, the oceanic salty air, the seaside apartment complex, the whole "Long Beach" atmosphere, the whole surf culture lifestyle, etc to where i'm living now everytime i play it is so madly surreal. 

Like, I feel like I'm breathing California air despite being depressed in my room all day long. It's like Lana does have wirchcraft for real, its crazy.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I would do anything to go back to the pre-release of this album. It was such a magical time. Listening to the “Cinnamon” and HIAB snippets on repeat, the excitement of finding out TNBAR was going to be included, hearing Hope for the first time. NFR clicked instantly first listen. Every single track. Which is really rare for me with most albums. I’ll never understand how Lana does it. Her vocals and writing are beyond amazing and this album proves it. 

I remember every morning listening to MAC on the way to school then coming home and practicing it on piano. It was the only song I listened to for weeks. What a perfect album. 

giphy.gif 

Happy second anniversary to the Norman video! :party:

Something about this video means quite a lot to me, but I can't quite say what it is. The simplicity and home-made quality of it all creates for a calm experience that I personally keep coming back to. I remember watching this on sad and happy days, lazy days and busy days, days where I felt confident than ever and days where I completely just felt nothing. It has instantly became one of my favorites, and It's one for all occasions. ❤️

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

My closest friend got me a sealed glitter cassette from eBay for Christmas and I’m so happy!!! Now the last variant I need is the blue Euro vinyl which I’ll get soon I can’t wait to have all things Norman cause it’s in my top 2 🥰🥰🥰