Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

On 12/13/2021 at 5:04 AM, Dealer Boulevard said:

Venice Bitch is still such a bitch:wowcry::oprah:

It makes me miss Summer & beaches so so much:trisha:

It aged so good , still after more than 2 years this song puts me in a trance, it's a beautiful journey,  it makes me transcend into a universe full of oceans & beaches  where I'm lying happy in the crashing waves:thumb2:

SHE DID THAT:godlaugh: Venice Bitch should have been SOTY:true:

this is so random and specific to me but I was looking at my old backed up videos on iCloud and saw a 10 second video I took when the song first came out. I recorded it with the same iPhone app Lana used to record a lot of her videos with and Venice is just playing in the background and :crying4: life was so simple back then i swear :sadcore2:

sgopYhV.gif

On 12/17/2021 at 10:27 PM, Dealer Boulevard said:

I can relate to The Greatest so so much recently :trisha: Also this song is actually really beautiful & so good. The way it strips down towards the end & ends with the beautiful piano. It might be my new favourite song on NFR. I can't believe I used to slander this song & said it sounds like a fart..like were I deaf or what :bebe:

The Greatest is a career highlight, a classic & truly has become a very personal song for me:wowcry:

Im not the biggest fan of it but it has for sure some weirdly moving quality to it. Last night I was watching Dont Look Up and this song's ending kept coming to mind... 

I just tried to rearrange the tracklist & listen to the album again in the new order:

1. The Next Best American Record

2. Norman fucking Rockwell

3. California

4. Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

5. Cinnamon girl

6. Happiness is a butterfly

7. Fuck it I love you

8. The greatest

9. Bartender

10. Doin' time

11. How to disappear

12. Mariners Apartment Complex

13. Love song

14. Venice Bitch

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

On 12/29/2021 at 11:29 PM, sjatib said:

Im not the biggest fan of it but it has for sure some weirdly moving quality to it. Last night I was watching Dont Look Up and this song's ending kept coming to mind... 

So I ended up writing an article about Norman Fucking Rockwell, Dont Look Up! and the narratives of apocalypse. If any of the (spanish speaking) lurkers here is curious:

https://lugardelaspreguntas.blogspot.com/2022/01/no-mires-arriba-norman-fucking-rockwell.html?m=1

On 12/19/2021 at 4:05 AM, Gravitate said:

I would do anything to go back to the pre-release of this album. It was such a magical time. Listening to the “Cinnamon” and HIAB snippets on repeat

Ok but now we're getting off rails, NFR is great but had one of her most annoying pre-release eras. Especially the snippet stuff

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

"hope is a dangeroud thing" is really heart-wrenching whenever it's playing - yet it's beautiful and so genuine.

I love it not because it's sad & distressing & im trying to glamourizing that, i find it beautiful because in that sadness, there's a glimpse of hope crepting throughout the song. That is the point you contemplate Lana's growth as an artist & as a woman, which is inspiring to witness.

i used to prefer the title "Sylvia" / "Sylvia Plath" but lately i understand why she chose this long-ass title. It shows her vunerability yet we still see such empowerment before we can even listen to what she had to say in the song. 

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

This album is so nostalgic for me that I honestly can't listen to a few of the songs if I'm feeling too much that day. If you put on The greatest, hope or HTD while I'm already emotional I'm gonna end up in a ball on the floor 

imageproxy.jpg

if i look back and see what album had the biggest impact on my life, and changed who i am (or made me who i am) it’s so evidently nfr. that album hit me like a meteor and i did a full 180 when it dropped. it is genuinely one of the biggest turning points and formative events i’ve had in my life, and has defined and continues to define so many periods of my life

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

California is on repeat today :trisha: I just listened to it in the rain & in the hard wind while smoking a cigarette, such an experience :xcry: I still remember the first time I heard it, my jaw dropped during the chorus & I was floored :crai: I could stuck in the chorus forever,  such a good amazing song & it aged so good :defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Idk where else to post this but I’m listening to Mariners and Venice rn and I’m surprised how vividly I remember that time period. The hype was next-level. I remember being totally stunned by MAC’s lyrics and Venice’s production and melodies. I miss that time so much rn. If she and Jack were to put together an album as well produced as those two I honestly don’t think I’d complain atm

Spoiler

Also just feeling rly nostalgic and vulnerable atm so that may be why they’re hitting me so hard rn oops

also this isn’t necessarily Jack praise

whatarecoloris.jpg

10 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

Idk where else to post this but I’m listening to Mariners and Venice rn and I’m surprised how vividly I remember that time period. The hype was next-level. I remember being totally stunned by MAC’s lyrics and Venice’s production and melodies. I miss that time so much rn. If she and Jack were to put together an album as well produced as those two I honestly don’t think I’d complain atm

Hide contents

Also just feeling rly nostalgic and vulnerable atm so that may be why they’re hitting me so hard rn oops

also this isn’t necessarily Jack praise

Listening to Venice Bitch live, with all of LB, will probably be my favourite memory of all time as a Lana Stan. That era started so strong… shame it dragged for so long though. 
Big hug to you. 

One of my favorite things about this album is that it feels like the end of the day of one of the last days of summer. The album begins at evening time just before sunset. There’s a dark storm on the horizon, but the sun is still shining and everything is still golden. Then, the album progresses through sunset, through dusk, through the storm, and into nighttime by the end.

It’s that bittersweet feeling of the end of the era and the celebration around that, but also the melancholy of knowing it’s over. NFR was released around this time of year in the northern hemisphere. It was also released at the end of the best summer of my adult life so far and not too long before the pandemic where everything in my life changed significantly and permanently. 

It’s one of my top two favorite albums of all time. I’m so grateful that I have it and all of the memories and feelings that are attached to it. It was horrible waiting a year for the album to be released since MAC dropped, but now, I’m so appreciative that it was released when it was. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

On 4/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, shadesofyosemite said:

I’m surprised how vividly I remember that time period

Same. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing while listening to her BBC One interview where they played the songs for the first time. The culture was lit pre-pandemic and NFR was the peak :xcry:

I just made "Bird World Edition" for NFR from Lanita's latest ig photo.

With new tracklist arrangement x

yL44iHB.jpg

WFTSTTG.jpg