Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

cinnamon girl gives me big never let me go vibes and i love it.  i can now understand why yall wouldnt shut up about it for like 8 months KHDLKHWKGL

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

Finally just heard the album for the first time. Early faves are Cinnamon Girl (duh), Love Song, NFR, and California. HtD’s production is questionable, but there aren’t any “bad” songs on this album. I think this one might be THE one.

Can’t wait to listen more and more <3

giphy-1.gif 

Didn’t everyone complain about it being “another piano ballad” at the Apple thing though??? I don’t get it it’s one way someone says it should’ve been the other, then it’s opposite and people still don’t like it. I just don’t understand. I get you have your opinions and that’s fair but I just don’t get the point of why people flip flop so much

Maybe other people complained about it but I honestly love piano ballads haha. If I remember everyone complained about the first snippet of cinnamon girl because they found it boring while I was bopping to it. I personally think that a stripped back version would've made the song better but in time I think I'll like the official release. It just took me by surprise that they took another direction with the song LOL.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

y’all really slandered love song in the pre-release thread for nothing??!!? it literally made me cry. it’s so cute. i cant believe some of the hate it’s received.

cinnamon also made me cry of sweet relief for finally having the HQ song in my hands.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Um hear me out.. I feel like the instrumental in HTD sounds super stupid cheap but it’s almost like Lana is getting on a stage in a dive bar on the corner and they play a random cheap instrumental and she sings over it telling a story of her genuine past.. it’s like she’s reading a story book and I love it so the instrumental doesn’t really dawn on me because it brings more attention to the reminiscing she’s doing

Maybe other people complained about it but I honestly love piano ballads haha. If I remember everyone complained about the first snippet of cinnamon girl because they found it boring while I was bopping to it. I personally think that a stripped back version would've made the song better but in time I think I'll like the official release. It just took me by surprise that they took another direction with the song LOL.

Oh I see and I get that too. Maybe you can make an NFR album on iTunes with different versions of the songs. So that would be songs like the alt. version of FIILY and HTD and make it maybe a demo or alt. album with the alt. cover? That way you can enjoy the song better. Could even use the LFA from Instagram. I put that into a demo album for NFR just bc the lyrics were different in that

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

ok just finished the album ahh 

I can't get bartender out of my head for some reason

the only song I didn't like was cinnamon girl, it sounds like a LFL/BTD reject to me  :crossed:

can someone please explain to me the jack outro for hope? I really don't understand the significance

Remember how she was talking about the song having certain meanings only her and maybe her friends would know? It adds to that collection of inside nods. I think that part kind of is chilling and a good way to end the album bc it almost makes it sound like he’s questioning reality maybe bc of the genius of the song or the amount of weed they smoked beforehand lol I think they were very stoned during the making of the album. Also she said HTD was the first track they made together so maybe it was his realization of what magic they’d have together to make this record and leaving it like that is a kind of “credit” to him

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

It's still hitting me that the album is out, Its so amazing. There isn't a single song I want to skip. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day