Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

The title track is fucking perfect. She sounds like a wise disney princess
Mac, abrupt key changes remind me of waves crashing,
Venice still so beautiful, those little sax cameos
Fiily, favorite summer BOP, the verses on neon still get me, how well the beat goes w her backing vocals
DT’s a great palette cleanser
LOVE SONG makes me cry, she sounds like she just cried tf :( 
Cinnamon Girl’s the mystifying hoe track we needed, that outro makes me feel like I'm about to b abducted
HtD seems to always be forgotten, but those guitars, I’m always gon to b right heee re
California, her tone, those piano keys by the second verse, the low chorus
TNBAR, she got w her artist bf, they pulled it off
The Greatest, the warmest track of the record
Bartender, the piano during the prechoruses are EVERYTHING
HiaB, I just wanna dance- dance w ya
Hope, was looking for the dialogue after? Softly strong and triumphant

Imma blissfully fall asleep to this record

UV/Honeymoon

I'm in awe of this album. I knew it was going to be good but after listening to it, I truly think it's her best work. It's not just the songs themselves, but it's how they all work together and the narrative that's being created. It feels so honest. It also has some damn bops. The only weak spot for me is How to Disappear, but even then it's still not a bad song. 

I need to listen to it a few more times before doing a ranking, but so far Cinnamon Girl is my favorite.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

About to have my first listen  :crying4:  :crying4:  :crying4:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Oh I see and I get that too. Maybe you can make an NFR album on iTunes with different versions of the songs. So that would be songs like the alt. version of FIILY and HTD and make it maybe a demo or alt. album with the alt. cover? That way you can enjoy the song better. Could even use the LFA from Instagram. I put that into a demo album for NFR just bc the lyrics were different in that

Omg wait theres a Fuck it I Love you alt? Like I already adore FIILY but I would love to hear another version. Sorry I'm out of the loop, I dipped from the board once the leaks first came out like a week into August since I wanted my first listen not to be spoiled.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Sooo work ruined the night (inventory I've been fixing for 8 months now ruined after 1 week I went on vacay) so I've only listened to the title track and legit teared up. I am not one to cry (I do worry for those who seem to cry like alot) but this song...I feel like I am the hopeless idiot in this and its affecting like i-

ђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђђшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшшччччччччччччччћћћћћћћћћћћћжжжжжжжжжжжжжжжж--------------------њњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњњљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљљѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕѕџџџџџџџџџццццццццццццццц.

Omg wait theres a Fuck it I Love you alt? Like I already adore FIILY but I would love to hear another version. Sorry I'm out of the loop, I dipped from the board once the leaks first came out like a week into August since I wanted my first listen not to be spoiled.

Yes!!! Digital version and a physical version!! The physical release is missing the surf drums from the digital version! No lyric changes though

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole