Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Why did Interscope chose the title track NFR to promote post-release? (It was the only one mentioned by Apple Music's New Music Daily playlist and on its Hot song list). I mean it's good but why not use the hype from Cinnamon Girl to promote it further?

On all my social media I see the casual fans talk about NFR (song) the most, specially the first couple lines. I think it outgrew Cinnamon, to be honest.

Besides, since it has the same title as the album, it's easier to promote that single while also promoting the whole brand, it's like a 2 for 1 deal.

Webp-net-resizeimage.gif

Im still like drowned in this album too much, but I just wanted to say the title tracks fucking lovely I cried and does anyone get sadder when they listen to TNBAR nd California? Like it's feigning some shit to party to cover up hurt n stuff

i cried listening to california 

for the 264th time  :lange:

'California' is my fav track, followed by 'The next best American record'.

Also love 'The greatest', 'Doin' time’ and 'MAC'.

My least fav track is 'Cinnamon girl'.

It's a great album though and she even put it on cassette! Can't complain.

So... between work today and trying to prepare for a hurricane, I've only been able to listen to NFR one playthrough. Just with that single listening I can say that this is Lana's best work to date. I even added Season of the Witch and Looking for America to the end of NFR kinda as bonus tracks and they fit so well !!! Hopefully the fave song poll that is pinned will stay for awhile because I have a shit-load to do and need more time with NFR before I make any decisions. Happy Norman Fucking Rockwell day lovelies !!!

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

okay,,,,,, thoroughly enjoyed my second listen and now, a few more thoughts :hooker: 

-lana repeating "blue" at the end of the title track melts me; she sounds like a dove cooing

-Love song is one of the sweetest, most genuine love songs I've ever heard!!!!! the "oh, thanks for the high life" and the "you know that i just die to make you proud" parts ALSO melt me

-Cinnamon Girl stays underwhelming me, which is totally frustrating, bc the snippets were my faves + it's getting so much appreciation here!!! i want to like it but it remains the only track on the album i feel kind of 'whatever' abt -- although i do love the ending instrumental and you could've easily convinced me that was some BTD demo before i heard it on the album

-i love the How to disappear production more and more every time i hear it!!!!!!!!!!!! it's not what i expected for HtD at ALL and i'm still not sure it matches that song in particular, but i love it so much nonetheless and left-field nature of it gives me big AKA/David Kahne vibes

-California,,,,, what a gorgeous song

-i can deal with the lyrical changes on The Next Best American Record a lot better than I could at first, and i'm even approaching enjoying them, even tho the original lyrics blow those out of the water and flow a million times better. especially weird that she kept the "i see you for what you really are" line bc altho that *could* be seen in a positive context, that's kind of a stretch and besides the melody sounds so dark right there it just doesn't work

-Bartender/Happiness is a butterfly/hope is like,,,,, my favorite sequence of songs on any LDR release

-BARTENDER,,,,,,,, this is THAT song i really cannot get over it......... entering my top 5 LDR songs immediately. no words for it yet

-Happiness ----- also what a SONG so much emotion packed into it 

i can't rank the songs on the album but my top 5 are, for sure:

1. Bartender

2. Mariners Apartment Complex

3. Happiness is a butterfly

4. The greatest

5. California

also, my album ranking looks like this ATM:

Lana Del Ray

Norman Fucking Rockwell!

Born to Die

Lust for Life

Paradise

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

o4qjp4j.png

So... between work today and trying to prepare for a hurricane, I've only been able to listen to NFR one playthrough. Just with that single listening I can say that this is Lana's best work to date. I even added Season of the Witch and Looking for America to the end of NFR kinda as bonus tracks and they fit so well !!! Hopefully the fave song poll that is pinned will stay for awhile because I have a shit-load to do and need more time with NFR before I make any decisions. Happy Norman Fucking Rockwell day lovelies !!!

I was thinking of you earlier today. I’m glad you got to listen. Stay safe!

On all my social media I see the casual fans talk about NFR (song) the most, specially the first couple lines. I think it outgrew Cinnamon, to be honest.

Besides, since it has the same title as the album, it's easier to promote that single while also promoting the whole brand, it's like a 2 for 1 deal.

Yeah that line "You fucked me so good I almost said I love you" is gold. Interscope better save Cinnamon Girl for a single with an expensive music video later!!

(Though I bet 'casual fans' like that don't have the attention span to listen to over an hour of Lana, or even get pass that 10 minutes masterpiece of Venice Bitch to appreciate the whole album)