Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I'm so happy that this album finally released and that there's a possibility of another album within a year?

I think as of right now, my three favorite tracks are, "Cinnamon Girl", "Happiness is a Butterfly", and "The Greatest".

And I'm definitely a huge fan of this stripped down/slower sound. That's what I crave.. :eyeroll2:

29legc9.gif

I'm sorry UV baby but you have been replaced, this is her magnum opus and that's that on that.

:hooker:

Im with you on that. Truly her most personal honest record. There are so many nuances. Like the sounds of car zooming/seagulls or waves crashing. Or the Ooohhss in the THE GREATESTTTTT's guitar solo. .

driving at sunset/nighttime to this album qualifies as a holy ritual.. such a different and beautiful experience.

I just drove back to my house from college in the cool airy night. It's so surreal

tumblr_m9li5eLE0H1rah8xoo1_500.gif

Im with you on that. Truly her most personal honest record. There are so many nuances. Like the sounds of car zooming/seagulls or waves crashing. Or the Ooohhss in the THE GREATESTTTTT's guitar solo. .

Yess, it's just so beautifully made. I don't mind the technical issues some people are mentioning, the melodies are just so sweet and magical, she has never sounded this good.

I'm still not used to BAR coming on shuffle on spotify like wow she really released that song huh  :defeated:

California has been growing on me, it was one of my least liked on the initial listens but oof that chorus is fucking good  :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Yess, it's just so beautifully made. I don't mind the technical issues some people are mentioning, the melodies are just so sweet and magical, she has never sounded this good.

omg where's the technical issues, i wanna listen to them

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Yup. It really brings out her voice. It's not muffled like LFL or drowned into 100000000 instruments like UV. Such a soothing tone.

Also did Marina and Lana fall out? I dont see Marina commenting or sharing any story about NFR?

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

omg where's the technical issues, i wanna listen to them

I think in the first verse of Cinnamon for instance, when she sings "you try to push me out..." her voice becomes more clear as if she was singing from another mic or it was recorded in another take. HTD has some volume changes or something. Some minor stuff I'm sure they noticed but decided not to fix them.