Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

i ordered it and it says now

Delivery

Your article will be delivered by PostNL on August 30, 2019.

Your article has been shipped August 30, 2019. You cannot follow this package because we do not have a Track & Trace code.

Your article fits through the letterbox. You don't have to stay at home for it.

still nothing arrived

:smile3:

Hm ok but Doin Time's actually great for the record imo, it's the perfect pick me up

Yeah. First i didn't like it on the record  that much but now I'm glad that it is on the Album :party: 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I edited the final chorus of the leaked BAR into the new version. I think its kind of better this way.

This sounds so good. I wish Lana put your version on the album :flutter:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

ok don't know if this has been discussed but can we talk about how cohesive the progression of California, TNBAR and TG is thematically 

and THEN Bartender to HIAB which are like two parts of a story, both referencing the truck for example

ugh her mind  :defeated:

JFK lowkey uses jinglier bells and nobody ever complained about it. Must be the in-your-face quality of the "bells" on HTD, but I think of these as less Xmasy and more Jazz bells. Anyway HTD is great; it's one of the places where the ethereal/schmaltzy/NewOrleans/dirge style peaks for me.

I think someone else said it earlier (or I imagined that they did because I want it so much), but is it possible to edit the jingle bells out of HTD?

I have nfi about editing music, so that's probably impossible, but if someone can do it I'll stan forever.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think someone else said it earlier (or I imagined that they did because I want it so much), but is it possible to edit the jingle bells out of HTD?

I have nfi about editing music, so that's probably impossible, but if someone can do it I'll stan forever.

when the instrumental leaks it could be possible to filter them out to some extent but until then theres not much to do 

With the album reviews, a few outlets have credited this photo to Pamela Cochrane. So are we ready to discuss at length how lana's only press photo for this album is taken on an iPhone by her make up artist on the set of her music video.  :toofunny:  Which honestly I don't care about at all because she looks like a total bombshell....... I hope there was a photographer on set and official photos eventually emerge (they won't.)

1247080-lana-del-rey-norman-fucking-rock

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

With the album reviews, a few outlets have credited this photo to Pamela Cochrane. So are we ready to discuss at length how lana's only press photo for this album is taken on an iPhone by her make up artist on the set of her music video.  :toofunny:  Which honestly I don't care about at all because she looks like a total bombshell....... I hope there was a photographer on set and official photos eventually emerge (they won't.)

and that spontaneous iphone shot is still more professional than any shoot chuck has done   :diva:

I'm sure she had her photographer Chuck there as well :creep:

SHAMELESS STICK FIGURE VERSION PLUG

likXfOj.jpg

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream