Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I just expressed my opinion. You do not agree with me, fine, but please do not offend me, that is rude.

You made fair points there are weak, recycled and lazy lyrics. It’s one of the albums negatives. However if you take many albums today *cough* Lover *cough cough* They’re the same, in terms of everyone else Lana is averagely repetitive and lazy.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

So can we please talk about the auto tune from HTD? Has anyone else noticed it?

Where? There might be minor pitch correction but I know how autotune works and there's no autotune in this song

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

after the sorter this is what i got, seems pretty accurate

1. The Greatest

2. California

3. Bartender

4. Venice Bitch

5. Mariners Apartment Complex

6. Norman Fucking Rockwell

7. Happiness Is A Butterfly

8. Love Song

9. Cinnamon Girl

10. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

11. Fuck It I Love You

12. The Next Best American Record

13. Doin' Time

14. How To Disappear

I genuinely love all 14 tracks, this is hurting me

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I wish lana would do a video for Bartender with the visual I have in my while listening to it and I bet it would get the appreciation it deserves. the song is sooo good <3

a bartender video would complete my life

I just had a very awkward moment with my mom, I was really feeling myself while listening to California like grooving and waving my arms and she just walked in and I was like 

source.gif

:defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

My rating of the songs after a couple of days:

Perfect 10: VB, NFR, California, HIaB, the Greatest. Instant classics, perfect voice, perfect emotions, all climaxes on the album.

Gets a 9: MAC, FIILY, Bartender, Doin Time, Love Song, Cinnamon Girl, TNBAR: they all are near perfect and I can’t skip them. Even the new lines of TNBAR grew on me. The song is even more « tragic » in a sense.

Gets a 8: Hope Is a Dangerous Thing. Love the lyrics, perfect closer, but it’s such an intimate song and the most « mood song » of the album that you have to be in a peculiar state of mind to listen to it.

Between 5 and 8: HTD. Some of her best lyrics, one of the best melodies, the last part of the song is the most « cohesive » I guess. The production is a choice lol. Sometimes, I don’t hate it, sometimes I can help but slip it. I see that track as wanting to go camp (sure hope it was that intention), like a old crooner song you add beats to.

ADVICE NEEDED:

I want to buy the vinyl but am unsure which to get:

The NFR cover as it is, but I think the records are just black OR the one on her website where the cover is patterned, but the vinyl's are neon green?

Has anyone purchased the regular cover (non-patterned) and the records themselves are green?

I did! The album cover back and front are censored, black vinyl, demo version of FIILY and extended version of hope

Hi guys, I don’t know if my post went right bc I was in mod queue, so I’ll say it again just in case it didn’t

I think California is for Francesco Carozzini, bc he’s Italian (if you come back to America), and he is a magazine photographer (I’ll pick up all of you vogues and all your Rolling Stones). What do you think?

I think it’s about Barrie.

I heard the war was over if you really choose... the one in and around you [...] You hate the heat, you got the blues” She’s mentioning his depression.

“You don’t ever have to act cooler than you think you should” To me, it sounds like the depression made him self-conscious and uncertain of himself. She thinks he’s enough and perfect as he is already.

“I wanted to call you up, but I didn’t say a thing” Pure speculation, but I wonder if Lana is regretting the way things ended between them (because I personally think it’s really shitty to have a paparazzi tell you your relationship is over)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

when she posted the first snippet of hiab last year i cringed so hard and was really close to unstanning...

but now hearing the full, its one of my favorites  :defeated:

the way i switched like a fucking faggot   :toofunny:

I think it’s about Barrie.

I heard the war was over if you really choose... the one in and around you [...] You hate the heat, you got the blues” She’s mentioning his depression.

“You don’t ever have to act cooler than you think you should” To me, it sounds like the depression made him self-conscious and uncertain of himself. She thinks he’s enough and perfect as he is already.

“I wanted to call you up, but I didn’t say a thing” Pure speculation, but I wonder if Lana is regretting the way things ended between them (because I personally think it’s really shitty to have a paparazzi tell you your relationship is over)

yes, the song feels like the perfect sequel to Black Beauty (Barrie songs are the best)

when she posted the first snippet of hiab last year i cringed so hard and was really close to unstanning...

Right?? I did NOT expect it to make me cry on the first listen but omg, I think it’s one of the tracks I love a little bit more than the others??

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

My current ranking- 

California

Norman fucking rockwell

Cinnamon girl

Mariners apartment complex

Fuck it I love you

Venice bitch

The greatest 

The next best american record

Bartender

Love song

Doin' time

How to disappear

Happiness is a butterfly

Hope is a dangerous thing

i was very underwhelmed by the snippet, but the production enhancements, the added interludes, and place on the tracklist make me love it so so much

I did! The album cover back and front are censored, black vinyl, demo version of FIILY and extended version of hope

so it was confirmed that is a demo? makes a lot of sense

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: