Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

whats the bridge...?

this part

You're scared to win, scared to lose

I've heard the war was over if you really choose

The one in and around you

You hate the heat, you got the blues

Changing like the weather, oh, that's so like you

The Santa Ana moves you

(Two, three, four)

ZKcaooE.png

whats the bridge...?

I'm guessing the scared to win, scared to lose part

In that case, that's like my favorite part of any song, ever

from any artist

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

this part

You're scared to win, scared to lose

I've heard the war was over if you really choose

The one in and around you

You hate the heat, you got the blues

Changing like the weather, oh, that's so like you

The Santa Ana moves you

(Two, three, four)

i think thats the second prechorus, but regardless, i love that part so much too

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Despite California being one of my top 5 songs from Mr. Norman, I agree with one reviewer who said that it is one of the strongest songs but at the same time one of the least interesting, musically speaking. I feel they left it too basic.

i love how everyone has specific moments that make album experiences next level. For me, although TNBAR is far from my favorite on the album, the glass shattering at the end of the bridge is so powerful to me, and it feels like the climax of the album

I agree it's a powerful moment, but how is it the climax of the album when it's such a calm song? A climax, at least in my ears, should come right after a song slowly builds up, like Venice Bitch at the 6 min mark or the second chorus of The Greatest

Only thing she should've did was mantain the BAR lyrics for the album version, it was 1000 times better

while i enjoy those lyrics more, i think the new ones fit and change the perspective, due to the song being right after california

Despite California being one of my top 5 songs from Mr. Norman, I agree with one reviewer who said that it is one of the strongest songs but at the same time one of the least interesting, musically speaking. I feel they left it too basic.

I agree it's a powerful moment, but how is it the climax of the album when it's such a calm song? A climax, at least in my ears, should come right after a song slowly builds up, like Venice Bitch at the 6 min mark or the second chorus of The Greatest

i meant the glass shattering part, specifically, not the whole song. Although the greatest has a relatively substantial build up, the perspective feels different: bare, nihilistic, etc. which segways into Bartender, HIAB, and Hope. Like the mood shifts after the final chorus of TNBAR, if that makes sense

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Why people don't like bartender :(

i hate it cus it sounds like an adele song... the only thing i like about it is her vocals, they're very honeymoon

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Exactly, I still don't understand all the people who said California was "very UV" when it leaked  :biblio:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

In order for Lana to put out a memorable and impactful album she will have to work on it for more than than two years.

I knew this album would be a let down from the second she announced it.

Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off and bring us something you've really put your heart and soul in.

This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days.

In order for Lana to put out a memorable and impactful album she will have to work on it for more than than two years.

Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off and bring us something you've really put your heart and soul in.

This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days.

I commend you for having the courage to make such a clown out of yourself. We thank you sincerely for your service in providing the kikis and cackles!

Where? There might be minor pitch correction but I know how autotune works and there's no autotune in this song

That might be what I’m hearing. It’s right about the end of the first verse and it just throws me off each time I hear it? Idk it’s weird

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

you really want a wp :rip: