Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

In order for Lana to put out a memorable and impactful album she will have to work on it for more than than two years.

I knew this album would be a let down from the second she announced it.

Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off and bring us something you've really put your heart and soul in.

This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days.

Hi, swiftie!

200.gif

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Why? Lol

Because you, LanaBoards user Progidal Sun, have joined only to spread negativeness? Your otherwise well-written 6 posts consist of:

"See, this is where your bias as a fan comes in."

"Lana is not changing or evolving, and her writing lacks the depth and level of construction to stand on its own merit for this long."

"I think it's terribly unfortunate that Lana's last albums have received uniform praise."

"Sorry, it just pisses me off that some fans cannot stray from the dogma..."

"Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off"

"This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days."

I never really loved BAR but this album version transcends me. I do agree with the fact it's a climax on the album (and I can't understand how it can be called a 'calm' song).

This album is a masterpiece and I hope it will leave its mark in music.

NFR>Lana's previous records

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Because you, LanaBoards user Progidal Sun, have joined only to spread negativeness? Your otherwise well-written 6 posts consist of:

"Lana is not changing or evolving, and her writing lacks the depth and level of construction to stand on its own merit for this long."

"I think it's terribly unfortunate that Lana's last albums have received uniform praise."

"This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days."

end them with the receipts

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I literally don't see how any of that is negative. I'm not using vulgarities or ad hominems like the people who've responded to my points. I'm expressing an opinion.

If you'd like to give me a warning point for that go ahead, but I will take it up with whomever is the admin.

I literally don't see how any of that is negative. I'm not using vulgarities or ad hominems like the people who've responded to my points. I'm expressing an opinion.

If you'd like to give me a warning point for that go ahead, but I will take it up with whomever is the admin.

I won't give you a warning point; I was slightly kidding. But if you really only joined to spread negativeness and accusing Lana of being a money-grabber then I don't know dude...

Huh? The verses are the best part. 

They sound sort of off-key to me. The lyrics aren't great either with the "faster than my fastest car," "brighter than the brightest star," etc. The song would be in my top 3 otherwise. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

Expose her. Every single post of his is constructed with inflammatory one-liners that are each designed to provoke negative reactions or to incite anger. It's a troll, plain and simple. 

They sound sort of off-key to me. The lyrics aren't great either with the "faster than my fastest car," "brighter than the brightest star," etc. The song would be in my top 3 otherwise. 

I love those lyrics a lot, and I think they come from the fact that the song is so desperate; it has this "I'll leave everything behind just for you" mood so the not-so-thoughtout lyrics make absolute sense and they shine for that. 

Expose her. Every single post of his is constructed with inflammatory one-liners that are each designed to provoke negative reactions or to incite anger. It's a troll, plain and simple. 

Could not have said it better myself

giphy.gif

This entire forum has been dragging LFL through the mud for the past couple of years, but if u dare to say you're disappointed by NFR during the honeymoon phase and your views why, people jump on itphoto-21141.png?_r=1565351105

I mean just a couple of weeks ago people were calling Lana a white money grabbing woman because they thought she was trying to capitalize on her Looking For America song, and staff didn't lecture them...? photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

It's like they can't accept that some people simply don't like any aspects of the album, and as fans of Lana's music they're entitled to voice that if they so wish. Not sure why people who tear Win's appearance apart don't get publicly lectured by staff, but people who voice their opinions on an album do. photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

Okay so it's a cool sunny Sunday so I'll go to one of my favorite places, lay by the river and listen to Norman during golden hour.

This is where I used to go everyday with my ex  :poordat:  Haven't been there since we broke up in May.

d7a1310adb0936f62e58d26cf38869d7.jpg

lancha1er980.jpg

small-group-san-isidro.jpg

buenos-aires-combo-tour.jpg

In order for Lana to put out a memorable and impactful album she will have to work on it for more than than two years.

Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off and bring us something you've really put your heart and soul in.

This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days.

First things first, the quality of work Lana produces in incredibly short amounts of time is outstanding and should not be understated.

With that being said, I would love to see what Lana could put out if she and her producers spent maybe double the time (which would still be incredibly short compared to other artists) on her albums. Lana has an extremely high album turnover, but that often means writing a song in an hour (see: probably half of NFR), not tweaking or hardly tweaking the lyrics, having the production done and then moving on to the next song. The songs are shockingly good for the process being that short, but I do wonder about the incredible quality we'd get if she actually took the time to edit/perfect her work.

This entire forum has been dragging LFL through the mud for the past couple of years, but if u dare to say you're disappointed by NFR during the honeymoon phase and your views why, people jump on itphoto-21141.png?_r=1565351105

I mean just a couple of weeks ago people were calling Lana a white money grabbing woman because they thought she was trying to capitalize on her Looking For America song, and staff didn't lecture them...? photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

It's like they can't accept that some people simply don't like any aspects of the album, and as fans of Lana's music they're entitled to voice that if they so wish. Not sure why people who tear Win's appearance apart don't get publicly lectured by staff, but people who voice their opinions on an album do. photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

okay but the ppl who dragged win if i remember correctly DID get called out by staff

giphy.gif

Seems like you found a friend baby <3

In all seriousness, I love you all, including Prodigal Sun; I myself didn't like Norman when it came out. But entire negativity simply screams trolling.

Okay now, I'm off to the races

photo-21141.png?_r=1565351105

Oh no baby what is you doing

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.