Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

okay but the ppl who dragged win if i remember correctly DID get called out by staff

The Win bullying has been happening for at least a year now, it rarely gets addressed. I've seen pages upon pages of it build up while staff were online.  :crossed:

Anyway, Lana sounds so good on Bartender. BBC Radio 1 performance please.  :flutter:

:woot: giphy.gif :woot:

you really want a wp :rip:

If that’s their opinion and it doesn’t match up with yours its completely fine. I hope you didn’t hand out a wp for nothing....

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

My late thoughts on NFR- 

My holy trinity is California, Bartender and Norman (title track). Can't stop replaying these! 

I love The Greatest, MAC, Venice, Fuck It, Doin Time (WOW what an MV!), and Hope. 

HIAB is cute and has a stunning pre-chorus. Cinnamon and Love song are cute too but I haven't formed a connection to these (yet). 

I don't like TNBAR as much as the original version. I loved the sarcasm and sass in the original.

How To Disappear is the only disappointment tbh. I stan the Apple live version so much it's on my top 10. But I can't get with this cheap xmas version. Just a piano and guitar would've made the lyrics shine so much more. 

Overall, this album is stunning and was worth the wait! We were well fed  :defeated:

source.gif source.gif

In order for Lana to put out a memorable and impactful album she will have to work on it for more than than two years.

I knew this album would be a let down from the second she announced it.

Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off and bring us something you've really put your heart and soul in.

This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days.

Sure, jan.

I LOVE California's chorus/bridge, but the verses are so...ugly vocally, tbh. 

YES sis I agree so much, the chorus/bridge is so intense and fiery but those out tune verses and pre-chorus are so ugly and layered terribly that it makes it sound like a demo I wish her vocals were better produced I had this problem with heroin  :ohno:  

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I keep replaying FIILY & The greatest the most from this album. I really love it as a body of work all together, but those 2 i keep going back to over and over ugh so fucking good

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

In order for Lana to put out a memorable and impactful album she will have to work on it for more than than two years.

I knew this album would be a let down from the second she announced it.

Lana, what has happened to you? Take 10 years off and bring us something you've really put your heart and soul in.

This album is a one season money grab. Too bad that's all Lana seems to care about these days.

it’s so cool that courtney love figured out how to create an account on lanaboards

kySyfQZ.jpg

I have been spending 98% of my time awake just listening to NFR on repeat since friday (not exaggerating)  :defeated:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I will never comprehend the delusion of being upset that a song has added instruments.... this album would’ve been way too slow & dragged towards the end if HTD had been another slow piano ballad. It’s got a beautiful build musically & some cute effects; to top it off some of her best lyrics / vocals that actually sound GOOD and not shouty or awkwardly layered... (looking at u miss California) idk :rip:

I will defend the underdog til the end

14417469274.gif

really surprised the title track is doing so good on streaming, the gp came thru

I know right? Finally, for once! I actually listened to just the title track multiple times today and it honestly has such unexpected replay value.

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I literally don't see how any of that is negative. I'm not using vulgarities or ad hominems like the people who've responded to my points. I'm expressing an opinion.

If you'd like to give me a warning point for that go ahead, but I will take it up with whomever is the admin.

Honestly worse has been said in here

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven