Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I still have a black vinyl (ordered after release and with a different signed card) and some of her merch to come in the next few months  :flutter:  and then WHF at some point! For those of you that have the signed cards, what type of material are they made out of?

locals only

I still have a black vinyl (ordered after release and with a different signed card) and some of her merch to come in the next few months  :flutter:  and then WHF at some point! For those of you that have the signed cards, what type of material are they made out of?

i think it's just card!! <3

nfr Is #3 on iTunes..

.. let's stream it guys. We can still get that #2 I feel. Tool has no market outside US..

Let's overtake !!!!!!!!!!!!

She's going to #1 in the UK. Shame we won't at least get #2 here.

I'm gonna celebrate my 6666th post saying that Cinnamon Girl is her best song in years and y'all are tasteless human beings for letting her die in the survivor. <3

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I saw this done earlier, but I wanna post my favorite lyric(s) from each song off of NFR...

(In order of the tracklist)

1. "Self-loathing poet, resident Laurel Canyon, know-it-all..."

2. "I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus, can't a girl just do the best she can?"

3. "Give me Hallmark; one dream, one life, one lover..."

4. "And if I wasn't so fucked up, I think I'd fuck you all the time..."

5. "Evil, I've come to tell you that she's evil, most definitely..."

6. "Would like to think that you would stick around. You know that I'd just die to make you proud..." 

7. "Like if you hold me without hurting me, you'd be the first who ever did..."

8. "The California sun and the movie stars..."

9. "You hate the heat, you got the blues. Changing like the weather, oh that's so like you..."

10. "We'll play the Eagles down in Malibu..."

11. "Life on Mars ain't just a song..."

12. "Baby, remember, I'm not drinking wine. But that cherry coke you serve is fine..."

13. "If he's a serial killer than what's the worst that could happen to a girl who's already hurt?"

14. "I had 15 year dances. Church basement romances, yeah I've cried. Spilling my guts to the Bowery bums is the only love I've ever known."

This was hard deciding the best line from each track, but I narrowed it down to my favorites.  :hooker:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I did my favorite lyrics from each one

1. "Your poetry's bad, and you blame the news. But I can't change that, and I can't change your mood."

2. "And who I am is with you on these beaches, your Venice bitch, your die-hard, your weakness."

3. "Back in the garden, we're getting high now, because we're older. Me myself I like diamonds, my baby crimson and clover."

4. "It turns out California's more than just a state of mind. I met you on the boulevard, wind in my hair, you blew my mind and if I wasn't so fucked up I think I'd fuck you all the time."

5. "Evil. I've come to tell you that she's evil, most definitely evil. Ornery, scandalous, and evil, most definitely."

6. "Oh, be my once in a lifetime. Lying on your chest, in my party dress. I'm a fucking mess but I..."

7. "There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live. Like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did."

8. "The waves came in over my head. Whatcha been up to my baby? Haven't seen you round here lately."

9. "You're scared to win, scared to lose. I heard the war was over if you really choose the one in and around you. You hate the heat, you've got the blues. Changing like the weather, oh that's so like you. The Santa Anna moves you."

10. "We play the Eagles down in Malibu."

11. "The culture is lit, and if this is it, I had a ball. I guess that I'm burned out after all."

12. "Baby remember, I'm not drinking wine, but that cherry coke you serve is fine, and our love's sweet enough on the vine."

13. "I said 'don't be a jerk, don't call me a taxi.' Sitting in your sweatshirt, crying in the backseat. I just wanna dance with you."

14. "A modern day woman with a weak constitution cuz I've got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off. A gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off." 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I like the trend I see of people sharing their favourite lyrics from each song of the record. (edit: I liked this idea so much I created its own thread) Here's mine: 

NFR - Why wait for the best when I could have you?

MAC - I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus - can't a girl just do the best she can?

VB - You're beautiful and I'm insane // If you weren't mine I'd be jealous of your love

FIILY - Drink lime green, stay up 'til dawn - maybe the way that I'm living is killing me // It turns out everywhere you go, you take yourself, it's not a lie

LS - You know that I'd just die to make you proud

CG - There's things I want to say to you, but I'll just let you live - like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did

HTD - He moves mountains and pounds them to ground again // I watch the skies getting light as I write as I think about those years, as I whisper in your ear, I'm always going to be right here - no one's going anywhere

CA - You're scared to win, scared to lose - I've heard the war is over if you really choose, the one in and around you // the entire pre-chorus

TNBAR - You make me feel like there's something that I never knew I wanted

TG - We didn't know that we had it all, but nobody warns you before the fall // I want shit to feel just like it used to, when baby I was doing nothing most of all //
If this is it, I'm signing off // the entire first chorus

BT - Baby, remember I'm not drinking wine, but that cherry coke you serve is fine

HIAB - If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that could happen to a girl that's already hurt?

HIADT - Writing in blood on my walls 'cause the ink in my pen don't work in my notepad // Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not, but at best I can say I'm not sad // I've been tearing up town in my fucking nightgown like a goddamn near sociopath // Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, hope is a dangerous thing for a woman with my past // A modern day woman with a weak constitution 'cause I've got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off // A gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I like the trend I see of people sharing their favourite lyrics from each song of the record. (edit: I liked this idea so much I created its own thread) Here's mine: 

NFR - Why wait for the best when I could have you?

MAC - I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus - can't a girl just do the best she can?

VB - You're beautiful and I'm insane

FIILY - Drink lime green, stay up 'til dawn - maybe the way that I'm living is killing me // It turns out everywhere you go, you take yourself, it's not a lie

LS - You know that I'd just die to make you proud

CG - There's things I want to say to you, but I'll just let you live - like if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did

HTD - He moves mountains and pounds them to ground again // I watch the skies getting light as I write as I think about those years, as I whisper in your ear, I'm always going to be right here - no one's going anywhere

CA - You're scared to win, scared to lose - I've heard the war is over if you really choose, the one in and around you // the entire pre-chorus

TNBAR - You make me feel like there's something that I never knew I wanted

TG - We didn't know that we had it all, but nobody warns you before the fall // I want shit to feel just like it used to, when baby I was doing nothing most of all //

If this is it, I'm signing off // the entire first chorus

BT - Baby, remember I'm not drinking wine, but that cherry coke you serve is fine

HIAB - If he's a serial killer, then what's the worst that could happen to a girl that's already hurt?

HIADT - Writing in blood on my walls 'cause the ink in my pen don't work in my notepad // Don't ask if I'm happy, you know that I'm not, but at best I can say I'm not sad // I've been tearing up town in my fucking nightgown like a goddamn near sociopath // Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, hope is a dangerous thing for a woman with my past // A modern day woman with a weak constitution 'cause I've got monsters still under my bed that I could never fight off // A gatekeeper carelessly dropping the keys on my nights off

I see you also appreciate the beauty that is HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI. A flawless and underrated masterpiece!

LIZARD PEOPLE

I see you also appreciate the beauty that is HIADTFAWLMTH-BIHI. A flawless and underrated masterpiece!

Right?? It truly is an underrated masterpiece. I just shared my thoughts about the track in its lyrics thread.. truly, one of her best tracks to date. It's just so raw, vulnerable, and personable.. I can't fathom how more people don't love this track.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS