Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

"I got my lovely sister, she's gonna film us singing a little bit of Norman.. I thought that would be so fun since it's the title track"

tenor.gif

Is there a known reason why Lana never tours Asia? I've been a fan of her for 6 years and I've never seen her live Is it dangerous to hope that the NFR tour might have an Asian leg...

I simply guess her team isn't sure about getting her to Asia, but I am absolutely sure she would sell out a few venues... it's all about risking. They weren't sure about South America 5 years ago and she's extremely successful here.

She's also very successful in Australia and she toured very little there. I don't know. I do hope she tours Asia! That time will eventually come x

I've been trying to peek around to put two and two together.. whatever it was, it happened early October. She was in Rhode Island October 3rd & in New York with Jack on October 5th, the same day she shared the first HTD snippet along with another video captioned "pre-recording dance." The only other significant thing that happened around that time was when she dragged Kanye West on Instagram on September 29th, so maybe there was some drama surrounding that incident that really upset her? I mean, she did namedrop Kanye in another song, so... idk, maybe one of life's unanswered mysteries x

I remember a fan posted a picture with her in Boston and she said she was here for her boyfriend's tournament or something and everyone thought her boyfriend was that Boxer lol 

I don't remember the last time she sounded as shaky as today's Norman performance :rip:

I can't believe the chemistry between her and Jack. KINGS

I wish some big Lana fan account tweeted / posted on insta about this. If lots of people ask the same thing she can't ignore it.

Lmao have you not been here for the last year of lanas silence and fuckery? 

I remember a fan posted a picture with her in Boston and she said she was here for her boyfriend's tournament or something and everyone thought her boyfriend was that Boxer lol 

Wait, wasn't it that guy named Joe Schilling and everyone was spamming his instagram with snakes after he dragged her music??

"Joe met me down at the training yard, with cuts on his face 'cause he fought too hard..."

That would make perfect sense as he's a boxer, along with the lyrics of Cinnamon Girl indicating something went wrong with them "if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did"

& that rumour of her in Boston was also in early October, when she was spotted in Rhode Island Oct 3

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Wait, wasn't it that guy named Joe Schilling and everyone was spamming his instagram with snakes after he dragged her music??

"Joe met me down by the boulevard, with cuts on his face 'cause he fought too hard..."

That would make perfect sense, along with the lyrics of Cinnamon Girl "if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did"

https://twitter.com/DanielaCoyt1/status/1047613546387918848?s=20

Okay so the timeline was definitely

Rhode Island - Oct 3 (traveling there)

Boston - Oct 4 (meltdown happened w this guy)

New York - Oct 5 (wrote HTD)

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

"Joe met me down at the training yard, with cuts on his face 'cause he fought too hard..." 

That would make perfect sense as he's a boxer, along with the lyrics of Cinnamon Girl indicating something went wrong with them "if you hold me without hurting me, you'll be the first who ever did"

& that rumour of her in Boston was also in early October, when she was spotted in Rhode Island Oct 3

Yes and she messaged some fan account and asked them to tell everyone to leave him alone. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Is there a known reason why Lana never tours Asia? I've been a fan of her for 6 years and I've never seen her live Is it dangerous to hope that the NFR tour might have an Asian leg...

I think she had a show in Tokyo but she canceled it because she was sick. Don’t quote me on that but I feel like I’m right. I’m surprised she hasn’t had more shows in Asia, because she did a cover of Vogue China and a magazine in Japan. It’s not like she doesn’t have an audience.

I am reserving listening to the album, only on some occasions. Night drives, walk on beach, lighting up a joint.

BITCH TRULY WROTE THE NEXT BEST AMERICAN RECORD AND SHE IS JUST THAT GOOD. (Although I would love her more if she stops being pure lazy in her shows)

enhanced-buzz-3838-1362596171-8.jpg

I'm SO happy that I didn't listen to a single snippet.

Neither did I listen to FIILY and The Greatest before the album release. It was hard, but a good choice

i wish i had known that i didn't have to before i listened to everything lol. not listening to sneak peeks will be my approach moving forward !

Yes and she messaged some fan account and asked them to tell everyone to leave him alone. 

Yep, definitely him! 

Posted on October 5th: At the Red Sox vs Yankee play off game at Fenway Park tonight. We’ll be wishing a mother fcker would.

(Fenway Park is in Boston and Lana was there the day before to watch him train... y'know, down at the training yard...)

i wish i had known that i didn't have to before i listened to everything lol. not listening to sneak peeks will be my approach moving forward !

IKR? Like imagine how good it will be listening to everything new, given the fact how good it now is, even after having heard basically almost everything.

enhanced-buzz-3838-1362596171-8.jpg