Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

imagine thinking this album is better than ultraviolence or honeymoon... mental illness

Click the button in the top right corner on desktop sis. 

It’s a free download of Honeymoobs

Would you guys recommend me a good (and most importantly cheap) vinyl record player or whatever it’s called. I really want to get the NFR UO edition vinyl before it’s gone. I kinda like the pink font and the cover feels special in some ways

Urban Outfitters carries a nice Audio-technica turntable and they offer afterpay so that it’s split into 4 even payments. It has a dustcover, automatic stop, and auto play. Mine includes Bluetooth compatibility; I use a Harman Kardon(Amazon- $99-$199) speaker with it and it sounds like she is singing directly in front of me. Highly recommend. 

i cant believe she had a whole ass side band, they recorded a whole ass album and said we'll never get to hear it DESPITE the one song we heard being one of her best ever is the biggest act of homophobia our girl has ever committed 

i cant believe she had a whole ass side band, they recorded a whole ass album and said we'll never get to hear it DESPITE the one song we heard being one of her best ever is the biggest act of homophobia our girl has ever committed 

theydies let's rob someone to get it

Urban Outfitters carries a nice Audio-technica turntable and they offer afterpay so that it’s split into 4 even payments. It has a dustcover, automatic stop, and auto play. Mine includes Bluetooth compatibility; I use a Harman Kardon(Amazon- $99-$199) speaker with it and it sounds like she is singing directly in front of me. Highly recommend. 

delete this before user heedlesschild beats u to death for recommending this record destroyer since it doesn't have a manual arm balance

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Would you guys recommend me a good (and most importantly cheap) vinyl record player or whatever it’s called. I really want to get the NFR UO edition vinyl before it’s gone. I kinda like the pink font and the cover feels special in some ways

Anything but the Crosley turntable.

I use a turntable that I bought at my local B&M (don't know if they have them where you live) and it's the Goodmans turntable. It's quite cheap and plays amazingly!

dNvtmdN.png

did anyone from south america buy the uo alternative cover lp?

I'm afraid of the taxes

If you had any experience on buying lp from another country pls let me know

what are you talking about? could you elaborate?

giphy.gif

what are you talking about? could you elaborate?

From this interview

Some of the other friends Del Rey has made out in LA include The Last Shadow Puppets. She’s been seen in videos at karaoke bars with Miles Kane and Alex Turner, her and Kane belting out Elton John’s ‘Tiny Dancer’ as the Arctic Monkeys frontman dances between them. Some of the peripheral members in that band (Zach Dawes, Loren Humphrey, and Tyler Parkford) feature on ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell!’’s ‘California’. “We had a little rock band on the side,” she explains. “It kind of didn’t go anywhere but we had a good time.” 

Then she casually slips into conversation that the group, which also included Kane, made a whole album together. “It’s never…” she begins when asked when we can hear it. “We were very messy! But it’s cool ‘California’ made it on there – I feel like it’s a little piece of our friendship band.”

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Hi Elle. Hope you're doing good and things are fine. Where is the pic from?? Recent award show?

Hiiiii, well I’ve never been worse, but the picture was shared on twitter by @officialcharts who awarded her the trophy :)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

lol what is it

It was "There's no stopping now, green lights forever"

The album came out during a really tumultuous time in my life so it meant a lot to me. Probably would have put something from NFR! had it been released then

tenor.gif

Just got my green vinyl yay it’s so cute. But what is the purpose of having a gatefold if all you’re gonna put is the credits. At least make a cute background behind them...

Also I thought there was a booklet with the vinyl....kinda disappointed. I purposely haven’t looked at scans of the booklet because instead I expected it to be with the vinyl. Whatever

LIZARD PEOPLE