Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Are we ready to agree Summertime Sadness is one of her best songs...

The instrumental is so warm and hot and heavy and melancholic.

Literally the epitome of her staple in music. Wow I can’t believe I ever used to call someone a Ray for liking it.

It’s one of the best aged songs on BTD

Not to mention the lyrics... like oh my god that second verse / pre-chorus never fails to have me FLOORED

Are we ready to agree Summertime Sadness is one of her best songs...

The instrumental is so warm and hot and heavy and melancholic.

Literally the epitome of her staple in music. Wow I can’t believe I ever used to call someone a Ray for liking it.

It’s one of the best aged songs on BTD

Not to mention the lyrics... like oh my god that second verse / pre-chorus never fails to have me FLOORED

It's the best song of her career (imo)

giphy.gif

The shit Lana is learning from that homophobic church she goes to every week. She sounds nuts here. 

I liked the bit where she said she let her friends listen to NFR to gauge whether or not it was good.

That would include Chase.

Imagine having a boyfriend with a terrible moustache who goes to vitamin IV parties and leads you to believe that the jingle bells in HTD are in any way acceptable.

Stan Larrie 2.0 :smile3:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I liked the bit where she said she let her friends listen to NFR to gauge whether or not it was good.

That would include Chase.

Imagine having a boyfriend with a terrible moustache who goes to vitamin IV parties and leads you to believe that the jingle bells in HTD are in any way acceptable.

Stan Larrie 2.0 :smile3:

The jingle bells are acceptable. 

After being used to the piano version it was a bit of an adjustment but has really grown on me. As someone else mentioned its a nod to the Beach Boys in God Only Knows and I like that. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

the white noise on bartender is SO annoying it literally fades in and out between vocal phrases

I said the exact same thing a few days ago, Rick messed up so much with it :rip:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The jingle bells are acceptable. 

After being used to the piano version it was a bit of an adjustment but has really grown on me. As someone else mentioned its a nod to the Beach Boys in God Only Knows and I like that. 

I disagree. God Only Knows has a completely different sound - it is far more upbeat and surfy. There is literally no similarity between the two songs at all, other than the fact that they both have bells. Maybe God Only Knows is what they were going for, but if so, it didn't work.

Honestly, if you're gonna say that it sounds like God Only Knows then it's also fair to say that it sounds like Jingle Bells, because it's about as similar to the former as it is to the latter.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I think Cinnamon Girl is my least favorite on the album. Title track and California are my favorites. I used to hate Venice Bitch but I love how it flows on the album, I still don't like it as a stand alone track. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg