Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Omg music critics are still having a pity party over Lana’s tweet. I’m glad she hasn’t backtracked.

I agree, glad she stood ground, as I agreed with the critics sentiment that its Lana's job to defend her art (at least how I interpreted it) so everyone chill, shes not bullying. However if she wants to drop a video to distract everyone then by all means...

I cannot believe this was exactly a year ago

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/1038106065013858304

and how many things have changed since then... she got the best critics reviews in her career, released the album (finally) and she's talking about Ariana all the time.

ANDDD who would have thought that we'll get collab with Ariana and Miley?  :oprah2:

tumblr_oh5ymxVl201rlfl6ro1_540.gif

i think nfr is starting to age for me   :ohno:  it doesnt feel THAT great anymore, but i guess its natural to not be so hyped about an album after the release.

You have issues, it’s literally a fucking week old. Wtf.

n3B6f30.png

I'm usually against ranking things and always trying to pick apart a body of work because even though you may love one song in particular it doesn't really mean that any other song is "less good". The Next Best American Record is the only song that I think is weak other than that the album is so solid to me.

Venice Bitch is probably my favourite even though it isn't the best song if you know what I mean. The mood Venice bitch creates >>

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Didn't say they had the same sound, but that doesn't prevent the use of sleigh bells from being (as I said) a nod to the Beach Boys who used them in multiple songs including Dance, Dance, Dance, I Can Hear Music and God Only Knows. 

Huh?

It's not a nod if your song sounds nothing like the song you're attempting to emulate the sound of. 

That's a reach. Not a nod. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

n3B6f30.png

I'm usually against ranking things and always trying to pick apart a body of work because even though you may love one song in particular it doesn't really mean that any other song is "less good". The Next Best American Record is the only song that I think is weak other than that the album is so solid to me.

Venice Bitch is probably my favourite even though it isn't the best song if you know what I mean. The mood Venice bitch creates >>

where can we take this quiz