Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I’ve never cared about Grammys for Lana but now that she said in that interview that she cares, I care a lot. Like, she better fucking get it

The one time they honored her with a nomination (for paradise) she decided not to attend so for that reason I don't think they will bother with her from now on unless she promises behind the scenes to actually go this time around.

I made my mom listen to the whole album and at the end, she said she loved it, her fav is Hope (like me eheh) but she finds it so sad that she joked about taking Xanax and go to bed :rip:

She finds it super depressive and well... I don't think I had realised how sad it was before she told me

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The one time they honored her with a nomination (for paradise) she decided not to attend so for that reason I don't think they will bother with her from now on unless she promises behind the scenes to actually go this time around.

Pretty sure Lust For Life was nominated too and she attended. Hoping NFR is nominated as well, she deserves it

Pretty sure Lust For Life was nominated too and she attended. Hoping NFR is nominated as well, she deserves it

I completely forgot about that :O But I just googled it and this was her look

00-story-lana-beauty.jpg

The bells in HTD kinda work in that instrumental break. While she's singing? Absolutely not.

As you said: they detract from her vocals and imo they detract from the instrumental too because there are all these other effects/instruments in it but the bells drown them all out. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Nah pretty sure Eminem mentioned plenty of times that he stayed home with his daughters rather than go to the Grammy’s when he’s nominated and hes always up for RAOTY when he drops. That would just be petty

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

YwXeYJE.jpg

Doin time and cinnamon girl are def ties but I’d have put CG as the top #1 lol. Also 1-12 are all 10/10 for me so the ranking is sort of pointless, bartender is like 9/10 and idk about love song, I really can’t get into it but she’s cute

Love that you're not afraid to admit the truth that Doin' Time is one of the best songs on the album. Her version of it is just perfect. Most of my rankings would be fairly similar

I completely forgot about that :O But I just googled it and this was her look

00-story-lana-beauty.jpg

miss hedy lamarr in ziegfeld girl MOST definitely my fav lana event look

Billie will win just so they can name her the youngest person to win a grammy in 10 years or something

Ari and Taylor could also win but mainly because they're more popular than Lana so they already got a better chance

And yeah I'm probably biased but I do believe Lana should get a grammy because NFR is actually a solid gold album

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Nah pretty sure Eminem mentioned plenty of times that he stayed home with his daughters rather than go to the Grammy’s when he’s nominated and hes always up for RAOTY when he drops. That would just be petty

I know but the difference is, to an extent the grammy's is a popularity contest because they do need the ratings. So an act with more chart success like eminem has more leverage in that department.

Here's hoping for an AOTY now though :smile: