Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I actually think Lana is feeling frustrated that the album will debut at #3

and yes... she cares about numbers and sales and grammies and all...

Grammys is not the same as sales lmao

I doubt she cares for sales otherwise she would make more commercial music

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

If she cared enough about sales to be sad about a very strong week of 103K, she would have done almost everything in the roll-out differently - including the release date.

PS. Obviously there are other factors at play - thinking of that one showbiz blogger who keeps repeating the dubious claim that Interscope delayed NFR for Billie Eilish to have her release.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Can't believe we are getting the Live Lounge session with a new cover tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I feel like she covered break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored or some shit lol

Predictions anyone? I think she will do Mariners Apartment Complex, The Greatest and Norman Fucking Rockwel

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Regarding Lana's awkward fakeness in interviews, I can't help but analyze it astrologically just like I'm doing with literally everything in my life this year :rip:

My ex is a Cancer with Cancer Mercury just like her, and they're so alike (they literally are the same -- Cancer Sun, Leo Moon and Scoprio rising. No wonder I will never get over him :rip: )

He is so so deep and thoughful and whatever is going on in his mind is abstract and emotive, but whenever someone asks him about stuff he instantly lies, exaggerates, changes topics, gives extremely flat and superficial responses... :rip: I hate them

I, a Leo Sun with a Leo Mercury am all about spilling all the tea

If she cared enough about sales to be sad about a very strong week of 103K, she would have done almost everything in the roll-out differently - including the release date.

PS. Obviously there are other factors at play - thinking of that one showbiz blogger who keeps repeating the dubious claim that Interscope delayed NFR for Billie Eilish to have her release.

I agree. If she cared so much about sales she would definitely do a different type of music, just like she once said. Since she does care about her public image and praise, she's making more mature music and lyrics.

my ranking:

1. california
  2. the greatest
  3. mariners apartment complex
  4. venice bitch
  5. how to disappear
  6. bartender
  7. happiness is a butterfly
  8. norman fucking rockwell
  9. fuck it i love you
  10. hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it
  11. cinnamon girl
  12. doin time
  13. the next best american record
  14. love song

1. venice byatch

2. mariners apartment complex

the greatest

hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

happiness is a butterfly

norman fucking rockwell

love song

california

fuck it i love you

cinnamon girl

doin' time

the next best american record

bartender

how to disappear

BTW, Mr. Norman debuted at No.1 in my country!  :flutter:  It's her third No.1 if I'm not mistaken (Ultraviolence, Lust for Life, NFR) Born to Die has been Gold for a few years now (over 20k copies) and UV is eligible for Gold too.

Regarding Lana's awkward fakeness in interviews, I can't help but analyze it astrologically just like I'm doing with literally everything in my life this year :rip:

My ex is a Cancer with Cancer Mercury just like her, and they're so alike (they literally are the same -- Cancer Sun, Leo Moon and Scoprio rising. No wonder I will never get over him :rip: )

He is so so deep and thoughful and whatever is going on in his mind is abstract and emotive, but whenever someone asks him about stuff he instantly lies, exaggerates, changes topics, gives extremely flat and superficial responses... :rip: I hate them

I, a Leo Sun with a Leo Mercury am all about spilling all the tea

I agree. If she cared so much about sales she would definitely do a different type of music, just like she once said. Since she does care about her public image and praise, she's making more mature music and lyrics.

Did anyone ever do like actual research to confirm she's *really* a cancer and not gemini? Cause I remember her contradicting herself throughout the career and although her latest claim was that she's a cancer I just don't believe her :rip:

Did anyone ever do like actual research to confirm she's *really* a cancer and not gemini? Cause I remember her contradicting herself throughout the career and although her latest claim was that she's a cancer I just don't believe her :rip:

After analyzing her birth chart she is definitely a Cancer. There is no way she's a Gemini. Literally everything makes sense. The mystery, the deepness, the emotiveness, the sensuality, the pain, the trauma, the love for colors, textures and sounds, her closeness to the ocean, the elusiveness, the constant emotional need to escape... it's all there!! she has such a magnetic birth chart therefore personality. She's exactly like my ex goddamn.

Taurus Venus and Sun in the 8th House are the most LDR things ever.

I was on a road trip last weekend. I was driving during the transition from evening to dusk to night. I was on country roads and a storm was looming in the near distance with heavy storm clouds and lightning flashing. The contrast of dark gray stormy skies and golden plains paired with barns and old houses in the distance was stunning. At the same time, I was listening to NFR, and let me tell you, it was one of the most gorgeous experiences.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

We were talking about her identity and how being on the cultural industry surely is a huge challenge when it comes to keep a solid vision on one's own creation. Lana herself said to maybe be "burned out after all" on The Greatest, where she discusses herself this topic. The intention was to bring the matter to discussion, cause it's a very interesting one, not to made ethical judgments about Lana or her output. Even if I found this last album less interesting than her previous ones for most of it, I wouldn't say it's worse, cause there's no way to objetctively approach to it, just giving my views on it. 

The "I'm burnt out after all" thing is not true though. it might have been true 15 months ago when she wrote those lyrics, but she wouldn't already be teasing white hot forever and the music for the alice in wonderland modern remake if she was actually in a creative slump. She also wouldn't have "painted" idea for the love song music video because she would exhausted creatively. The truth is she is very much into the whole creative process still.

Can't believe we are getting the Live Lounge session with a new cover tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do I feel like she covered break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored or some shit lol

Predictions anyone? I think she will do Mariners Apartment Complex, The Greatest and Norman Fucking Rockwel

Season of the Witch, maybe? There is a non-NFR track in her setlist (though it could be Doin Time, since everybody was sure she wasn’t going to include it on the album)

I was so excited NME posted FIILY bts in HQ but then I noticed something weird  :toofunny:  https://twitter.com/lanaismpoland/status/1170718987828813824?s=21

14540026832222.jpg

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

The "I'm burnt out after all" thing is not true though. it might have been true 15 months ago when she wrote those lyrics, but she wouldn't already be teasing white hot forever and the music for the alice in wonderland modern remake if she was actually in a creative slump. She also wouldn't have "painted" idea for the love song music video because she would exhausted creatively. The truth is she is very much into the whole creative process still.

As you say, that lyric represented the mindset she had when writing the song, and I think it kind of spread all along the album. The kind of tired vibe is there. And fully agree with you that she isn't over, sure she'll come with amazing things under her arm soon.