Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I was on a road trip last weekend. I was driving during the transition from evening to dusk to night. I was on country roads and a storm was looming in the near distance with heavy storm clouds and lightning flashing. The contrast of dark gray stormy skies and golden plains paired with barns and old houses in the distance was stunning. At the same time, I was listening to NFR, and let me tell you, it was one of the most gorgeous experiences.

Well well. I know what I'll be up to now the next time it storms around here.  :usrs:  

Driving home from work and exited the car just as HTD was starting. Damn if I didnt walk in and play it through. Bells still throw me, but I imagine her own reaction to hearing them and smiling so they can stay. HTD, the underdog of the whole album

Also props to the queen of stable sales and great numbers.

Am I the only one who afraid of listening to Hope? I'm avoiding it, it's beautiful but too dark and reminds me of so many shit, like my depression days..etc

Yup yup yup. The album ends with HiaB many times for me. Hope is that gut punch, and the trio of Bartender to HiaB to Hope is really rough, an extremely sad slide inward. Still love it, its just... alot

Am I the only one who afraid of listening to Hope? I'm avoiding it, it's beautiful but too dark and reminds me of so many shit, like my depression days..etc

Lana released Hope in January, which was a very, very rough time in my life-- heartbreak, near-death of people close to me... that song was the soundtrack to the beginning of this new year because it could communicate the suffocating darkness I was in better than I could.

Anyways, I'm doing moderately better nine months later, but listening to that song is enough to feel my world close in on me again, to feel the cool January air as I walked for hours alongside the near-frozen river and contemplated jumping in. But I listen anyways.  :creep:

I'm not afraid because I'm depressed as hell even though I'm getting better, so I crave this song more than anything. But yeah I totally understand you and I think I might feel the same once I'm okay

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Lana released Hope in January, which was a very, very rough time in my life-- heartbreak, near-death of people close to me... that song was the soundtrack to the beginning of this new year because it could communicate the suffocating darkness I was in better than I could.

Anyways, I'm doing moderately better nine months later, but listening to that song is enough to feel my world close in on me again, to feel the cool January air as I walked for hours alongside the near-frozen river and contemplated jumping in. But I listen anyways.  :creep:

same girl it was the worst time of my life "bad begging to my new year" it actually makes me feel so bad even though I'm in a better place rn

so happy for u tho <3

I'm not afraid because I'm depressed as hell even though I'm getting better, so I crave this song more than anything. But yeah I totally understand you and I think I might feel the same once I'm okay

hope you'll be okay dear! I am so sorry

:smile3:

OMG I feel the same way. I've never really been depressed but something about that melody and her way the voice is in that song just depresses me

It's only my dark city, only my new man...