Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Geologists and environmentalists have found that if the entire population plays 'Happiness is a butterfly' at the same time, glaciers would stop melting, corruption would be erased, the temperature of the Earth would go back to normal and dinosaurs would come alive again.

Mariners Apartment Complex is still superior

some of the best lyrics of her career..

Today I thought 'If the world wasn't as sexist and music wasn't as universal and accessible as it is, September 2018 would be considered a holy month in the history of music because Lana Fucking Del Rey released Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch'

She honestly sounded good in the Live Lounge. There was no problem with her voice, she went for the notes, and even went higher in Doin' Time like I said on a previous post, hitting a note that's supposedly hard for her. But the volume of her mic was too low and the mixing was terrible. Even Lana seemed pissed and mad during the DT performance. And btw, if she had pushed her voice to be louder, she would've sounded bad. Pushing your voice when the instrumental is too loud is the worst thing to do and it can seriously damage the vocal chords.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

She honestly sounded good in the Live Lounge. There was no problem with her voice, she went for the notes, and even went higher in Doin' Time like I said on a previous post, hitting a note that's supposedly hard for her. But the volume of her mic was too low and the mixing was terrible. Even Lana seemed pissed and mad during the DT performance. And btw, if she had pushed her voice to be louder, she would've sounded bad. Pushing your voice when the instrumental is too loud is the worst thing to do and it can seriously damage the vocal chords.

Not surprised to read an intellectual post from an intellectual like you.

It got tiring to read OMG LANA IS SO BAD LIVE XD every single time she opens her mouth to sing.

Not surprised to read an intellectual post from an intellectual like you.

It got tiring to read OMG LANA IS SO BAD LIVE XD every single time she opens her mouth to sing.

Thanks luv, intellectuals understand intellectuals :hooker:

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The BBC Live Lounge was good but I hate that the background vocals / playback was too loud.

I would have liked it more without the backing vovals and loud instrumentation. I think if she did it more acoustic/ acapella it would have sounded better. At least with Doin' Time bc we have already  live performances with backing vocals. Or someone should have done a better job with the mixing.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

It's so sad that some people think that she can't sing live bc of incidents like the BBC Live Lounge where was someone to stupid for mixing correctly. Lana definetly can sing and her singing in Live Lounge was good (you can hear it in the fixed versions). And I wish that she wouldn't use that much of backing vocals for her concerts. Sometimes you only hear the backing vocals  (a least in the videos i have seen bc I was't on a LDR Concert). She can definetly sing. I love videos of her singing VG and Ride bc you can hear her beautiful voice clearly (if you ignore the crowd ). And I think a vocal coach could help her so that she can reach for example the high notes of NFR song. She is able to reach high notes and to belt  but she need some help to do this again.

(Idk if it is the best example but I have to leave the house in 5 Minutes and that was the firs that came to my mind)

I think this is with very silent Backing Vocals and the End is so good

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

The BBC Live Lounge was good but I hate that the background vocals / playback was too loud.

I can't believe she actually had the playback on for this performance. This is a small intimate setting, not an arena show. I mean -  :facepalm:

What is the difference between this and lip syncing? Milli Vanilla had their Grammy's taken away for lip syncing. Ashley Simpson got hell for being caught using a playback recording on SNL. Britney Spears has been shamed for years for lip syncing.  What's the difference here?

Make this make sense. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe she actually had the playback on for this performance. This is a small intimate setting, not an arena show. I mean -  :facepalm:

What is the difference between this and lip syncing? Milli Vanilla had their Grammy's taken away for lip syncing. Ashley Simpson got hell for being caught using a playback recording on SNL. Britney Spears has been shamed for years for lip syncing.  What's the difference here?

Make this make sense. 

giphy.gif

Lip syncing is when you can't hear the real voice of the singer but in Lana's case you can still hear her voice sometimes so it's less problematic.

Mfhp.gif

What is the difference between this and lip syncing? 

The difference is obvious: she is singing  and her songs always use her own voice as background vocals so it's not shocking as you make it seem to be

Although those 'background' vocals are about as loud as her actual live vocals and that's another issue

Why is she performing with a phone in her hand? Is she actually reading the lyrics as she sings?

I know Lana's lazy but Jesus.  

Can't a girl just do the best she can?

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Imagine Lana being chosen as the headliner performer for the next Super Bowl! Oh lord, the entire fandom would need to pray/cast some spells for her to make it an official success!