Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

AHHH CINNAMON GIRL MUSIC VIDEO FINALLY 911 THIS IS NOT A DRILL OUR GIRL IS SERVING https://twitter.com/fucksforever/status/1171539061263093761?s=19

it’s funny that i knew this was a troll before clicking on it bc someone typing something unrealistic in caps + a link always resulted in disappointment for me

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

im listening to the album on a Sony srs speaker and it literally sounds amazing and so full. what lana tried to convey with this album really comes out on a speaker

Interesting? I mean all her other albums sounded great on any platform I was listening to them, whether it was in my car, with headphones or on speaker? NFR is a good record, but that production ain't all it. Also I wonder with what kind of cheap microphone it was all recorded with tbh.

Interesting? I mean all her other albums sounded great on any platform I was listening to them, whether it was in my car, with headphones or on speaker? NFR is a good record, but that production ain't all it. Also I wonder with what kind of cheap microphone it was all recorded with tbh.

its just jacks style of mixing. He likes to leave everything very unmixed and raw sounding

I've been listening to it on cheap ($10) headphones, and it sounds pretty great to me. Then again, my ears may  not be what they once were, and I've spent all of my time not listening to NFR, listening to underground punk and heavy metal records, so that might be a factor.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

anyone have any advice on editing photos to look more like the way neil krug's photos do??

i don’t remember what it was exactly, but i think someone was able to achieve a similar effect by stretching /distorting a wood grain texture over the pic? or clouds or water, i don’t remember but in general i think it was probably wood grain. i can’t remember where i saw this but if you search “how to neil krug” or something on this site i have a feeling it’ll be in the resources thread lol

edit: and recoloring the pic even if you already have a color version, put it in b&w and don’t try to be super exact when choosing colors trying to make them “realistic” it’s quirkier when the colors are off

edit no.2 lol: tbh flowers, trees, paint strokes, spills/splash textures, fire etc all would work well. esp using nature as a double exposure type effect

UbsOye5.png

I agree. 'Cinnamon' especially sounds thick and muffled, as if it were recorded with a pillow over the mic, unlike, say, TG. I like the arrangement on 'Cinnamon,' but the engineering is awful. Compare it to ‘Hope.’

me listening to love song imagining it as the first dance at my non-existent wedding  :crying4:  :crying4:  :crying4:

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Guys it's been 13 days and I'm still so in love with this album, I can't believe that I like every song, I wasn't expecting to at all and I'm just so happy and full of candy  :smile3:  :smile3:  :smile3:

My favorites are (no order) MAC, NFR, VB, Cinnamon Girl, Bartender, The Greatest

Also, does the beginning of Love Song remind anyone else of the instrumental beginning of the Blue Jeans video? The chords at the beginning of LS just recall the grandiosity of the Blue Jeans chorus for me for whatever reason.