Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

its just jacks style of mixing. He likes to leave everything very unmixed and raw sounding

Ultraviolence is raw sounding, but it didn't sound unpolished? A lot of tracks on NFR have either this demo-like quality or just sound like they were recored with a cheap microphone (The title track, Cinnamon, HTD, California, The greatest) I mean I love most of these songs, but the production is extremely lackluster to me.

Ultraviolence is raw sounding, but it didn't sound unpolished? A lot of tracks on NFR have either this demo-like quality or just sound like they were recored with a cheap microphone (The title track, Cinnamon, HTD, California, The greatest) I mean I love most of these songs, but the production is extremely lackluster to me.

NFR title track features her clearest vocals in years girl what you on about 

I feel this!! Some songs border on painful to listen to on higher volumes, as if in the track itself all instruments / layers are being played at exactly the same volume so the entire track comes out very loud and almost scratchy sounding. Idk if that makes sense.

still love the album tho  :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

I feel this!! Some songs border on painful to listen to on higher volumes, as if in the track itself all instruments / layers are being played at exactly the same volume so the entire track comes out very loud and almost scratchy sounding. Idk if that makes sense.

still love the album tho  :flutter:

Makes a lot of sense to me! I really feel that, I tend to listen to music pretty loudly especially in my car, but a lot of songs on NFR end up sounding pretty scratchy unfortunately. The quality of the recording process is questionable  :rip:

NFR title track features her clearest vocals in years girl what you on about 

That's debatable, when Lana goes in for the high note before the second verse it sounds a little iffy to me, also I don't like how her vocals sound super muffled towards the end. But my biggest criticism about the title track, even though I think it's one of the best on the record, the piano sounds super cheaply recorded.

Hi. I have listened to this album multiple times every day since it leaked. I cannot stop. It means so much to me. I would like to give it a rest. How do I do that? Can somebody explain what is happening here? Jesus, Lana.

I think I relate to Hope more and more every time I listen to it. I loved it when it first came out, but I overdid it (like all Lana songs when they come out) and I haven’t listened much since the spring. I decided to give it a listen yesterday and it’s been on repeat for me since. I’m not sure how much personal stories are allowed here, so I’ll keep it brief but this song means so much to me. I’m a closeted lesbian and my family is v homophobic. They pushed me to marry a man, even tho I am not out to them or really anyone, I feel like they know and so now I’m married to man which isn’t what I want, but I do have hope that one day things will be better. Obviously not what Lana was referring to, but I feel on some level I understand what she means about having hope even tho it’s a dangerous thing.

I think I relate to Hope more and more every time I listen to it. I loved it when it first came out, but I overdid it (like all Lana songs when they come out) and I haven’t listened much since the spring. I decided to give it a listen yesterday and it’s been on repeat for me since. I’m not sure how much personal stories are allowed here, so I’ll keep it brief but this song means so much to me. I’m a closeted lesbian and my family is v homophobic. They pushed me to marry a man, even tho I am not out to them or really anyone, I feel like they know and so now I’m married to man which isn’t what I want, but I do have hope that one day things will be better. Obviously not what Lana was referring to, but I feel on some level I understand what she means about having hope even tho it’s a dangerous thing.

though for different reasons i relate to the song so much too!! sending you lots of love, i'm so deeply sorry for the situation you're in right now. every time i see your profile on here i'll send a little love into the atmosphere for you and hope it reaches you :) <3

Wq9zHLl.jpg

though for different reasons i relate to the song so much too!! sending you lots of love, i'm so deeply sorry for the situation you're in right now. every time i see your profile on here i'll send a little love into the atmosphere for you and hope it reaches you :) <3

That’s sweet, thank you.

I've been thinking about if UV and NFR were combined lately and... UGH the slayage this would be  :defeated:

1. Cruel World

2. Shades of Cool

3. Mariners Apartment Complex

4. West Coast

5. Brooklyn Baby

6. Love Song

7. The Greatest

8. Sad Girl

9. PWYC

10. Cinnamon Girl

11. California 

12. Venice Bitch

oh my, i'm so sorry to read this baby... i really really hope it will get better. yes, hope does seem like a dangerous thing for those who are suffering or in a very fucked up situation. that's what this song means. it's so personal to lana but has an important, universal message for all of us who sometimes fall in the thought that we'll never make it. you will i'm sure <3 

hope is dangerous, but don't lose it!!!!

as lana herself said

she believes that people can change.

Anyways Love Song is perfect.

Maybe if y'all weren't hideous bridge troll looking haters and actually fell in love you'd relate!

i'm a hideous bridge troll looking hater and i still love love song

it's just the way i feel