Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

It'd be so badass

Fuck yeah

honestly, done carefully could actually end up being a great idea. though very very dark. i imagine her in the chaotic and doom moment before actually putting her head in the oven, not necessarily the commitment.

however that video for hope would be tragic. it's a positive song. the video would be controversial to the point of damaging.

I think I relate to Hope more and more every time I listen to it. I loved it when it first came out, but I overdid it (like all Lana songs when they come out) and I haven’t listened much since the spring. I decided to give it a listen yesterday and it’s been on repeat for me since. I’m not sure how much personal stories are allowed here, so I’ll keep it brief but this song means so much to me. I’m a closeted lesbian and my family is v homophobic. They pushed me to marry a man, even tho I am not out to them or really anyone, I feel like they know and so now I’m married to man which isn’t what I want, but I do have hope that one day things will be better. Obviously not what Lana was referring to, but I feel on some level I understand what she means about having hope even tho it’s a dangerous thing.

I am so sorry my dear, it happens a lot in my country and it kills me to see many of my lesbian friends are forced to marry men because their family think they'll be "fixed" 

fuck the religious rules, please do not give up, one day you will see the light, promise! sending you lots of love!

:smile3:

Lana’s verse on Don’t Call Me Angel... the serve of the century yup

lana's voice is a perfectly cooked dish, but that server just tripped down a gigantic flight of stairs

it's just the way i feel

I can not still understand that she did the video for 2 of the least appealing songs on the album

Fuck it I love you

&

The greatest

What?!?? They are both awesome!
That user is also here and on YouTube (he makes great audio edits of her songs)

I wonder what his sources are. If all of these are true, I am about to die!!! The National and Lana?!? Fuck me please!!!

The Jesse collab is what I am dreaming of right now!

Is anyone here from Canada and ordered the green vinyl? They kept moving the release date for it, then yesterday they randomly cancelled mine and when I went back to the shop to order it again, it went to a “product currently unavailable” page. Did anyone else in Canada have their order cancelled? Can anyone else in Canada access the page for the green vinyl anymore? I haven’t seen anyone on any social media mention this happening so it feels like it’s only happening to me, which would be strange. Are we even still getting the green vinyl in Canada? I’m just hoping someone knows what’s going on...

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I forgot to say it before but the French Fnac version of the album has the alternative Fuck it I love you and the monologue at the end of Hope

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I forgot to say it before but the French Fnac version of the album has the alternative Fuck it I love you and the monologue at the end of Hope

Wait what ? I need to buy it today

edit : you meant vinyl or CD ?

Also, where can I buy FIILY (alternative version) and HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI with the monologue?

Haven't heard any of these