Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

NFR and MAC in a nutshell is Lana basically saying to her man-child

DK_naFzVYAEhY92.jpg

(Happy 200 pages of this thread btw ! Apparently it won't reach 300 judging by the zero activity :toofunny: )

I miss you and your funny posts Honeyyyyy. Love ya.

Also I miss all the people from the pre release thread. Sending u all my love and blessings. Hope all of u are doing good.!!!! Also missing this person emotionalmachine. Where is he!!?!

I miss you and your funny posts Honeyyyyy. Love ya.

Also I miss all the people from the pre release thread. Sending u all my love and blessings. Hope all of u are doing good.!!!! Also missing this person emotionalmachine. Where is he!!?!

OMG that's so sweet of u. Thanx luv  :flutter:

Well, I guess most of the people retired for a while to take care of their personal lives cause the chaos of NFR pre-release kept everyone busy here. And there's just nothing to discuss for now, so...

NFR made me revisit Lana's discography in its entirety and I came to the conclusion that she should move from California. Ever since she moved there she started to incorporate elements of it in her songs, and it became more and more frequent to the point NFR sounds like an ode to the state :rip: I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I love songs like Freak, Heroin, California and others but I don't think I can't take another album of "omg california is lit hollywood is so nice the palm trees are everything the sand in my feet feels nice" type of lyrics. She should move to that cottage she bought in the middle of the forest and write about the trees and nature for a change. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

California is a great song but i wished it had more of a climax and added bigger production for the chorus, they could've added some really crazy guitars or something to match the vocals. It comes off almost demo like

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

OMG that's so sweet of u. Thanx luv  :flutter:

Well, I guess most of the people retired for a while to take care of their personal lives cause the chaos of NFR pre-release kept everyone busy here. And there's just nothing to discuss for now, so...

all im saying is we should all just fight each other

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

This album is aging really badly for me and i dont know why

Take a break from it and listen to it in a week. Maybe it will sound better. I had a similiar situation with west coast (i heard that song to often) but after a short break I loved this song again and it is still one of my favourites songs.

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Take a break from it and listen to it in a week. Maybe it will sound better. I had a similiar situation with west coast (i heard that song to often) but after a short break I loved this song again and it is still one of my favourites songs.

I think i just tie it to bad memories, also half the melodies on this album i've heard for nearly a year so i guess i was just expecting this album to grab me more when it came out

California is a great song but i wished it had more of a climax and added bigger production for the chorus, they could've added some really crazy guitars or something to match the vocals. It comes off almost demo like

Respectfully disagree. The intimate placement of the vocals, nd soft harmonies laid there, the stripped piano, percussion at the chorus nd kaleidoscopic dispersement of the vocals giving it that smoky, hazy quality. Higher octave piano keys at the second verse- just right, the soft guitar nd then synths. Her main vocals contrasting w the lightness of how the harmonies and synths are, nd the collectedness of the piano carry it, and subtlety of the guitars really blend the song well. It's like delicate, but still somehow heavy and that adds to the already trance-like melody. like ohmyfuck

UV/Honeymoon

Respectfully disagree. The intimate placement of the vocals, nd soft harmonies laid there, the stripped piano, percussion at the chorus nd kaleidoscopic dispersement of the vocals giving it that smoky, hazy quality. Higher octave piano keys at the second verse- just right, the soft guitar nd then synths. Her main vocals contrasting w the lightness of how the harmonies and synths are, nd the collectedness of the piano carry it, and subtlety of the guitars really blend the song well. It's like delicate, but still somehow heavy and that adds to the already trance like melody. like ohmyfuck

Its definitely the most replayable imo

Damn, my Venice Bitch rant was inspired by some serious greenery but I said what I said and that's that on that. But Greatest and HiaB come back to me very frequently. Bartender is my ride home song, and NFR plays about everyday. But Venice, its her.

Also yes Lana's current status is sort of crazy. She has the number one trending video and most discussed act between 3 superstars meanwhile this album is just cruising proving her worth to doubters. It didn't need to do that but it did