Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

But I’m on the same page about the mixing to be honest. I wish the sound was a bit fuller on NFR and not so hollow on some tracks but it is what it is. Though I feel like the mixing actually works with the musicality of the record this time around though compared to LFL.. LFL has a very muddy sound that doesn’t do much for the sleekness of some tracks. Love being one of the worst offenders. It would’ve been cool if it had a really futuristic, clean sound but Lana really can’t ditch that lo-fi mixing :rip:

Oh I agree with that, I feel like the songs that sound sleek on Lust for Life are some of her best, but that's what? Maybe two three songs? This album aged like milk to me. Norman Fucking Rockwell will definitely age better, but to me the mixing of this album is very questionable. 

itturnsoutcaliforniasmorethanjustastateofmindimetuontheboulevardwindinmyhairublewmymindndifiwasntsofuckeduPithinki'dfuckuallthetime janetavi34ucq.gifboat-faceplant.gifgiphy.gif it'skillingmeslowllly f28a3c72-5c2c-4adc-9f74-0e7e0bf59386.gif4TKgS.giftenor.gif CALIFORNIA DREAM I GOT MUNNY ON MY MIND giphy.gif CHANCES IN MY VEINS RUNNIN OUTTA TIME CALIFORNIA DREAMIN MUNNY ON MY MIND giphy.gifIdealisticHandsomeHoatzin-max-1mb.gif *alien outro* tumblr_molh5pBvEK1rf9zado1_400.gifNm31879.gifzZLZhHQ.giftenor.giftenor.gif

an entire mood

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Okay but where is that earth shattering bass from the snippets of Cinnamon she posted in the past.

I would like to see (hear) it.gif

Maybe it was re-produced like how Fuck It I Love You was modified too.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

do yall think that DCMA will boost NFR's sales this week? Like it may go up 1 or 2 spots on BB 200?

It's possible, she went from 100-something to 80-something in the spotify most played artists list  :hooker:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Well I said what I said. NFR is musically better than Lust for Life, but production wise, at least Lust for Life was somewhat consistent and had a clean sound. NFR on the other hand is all over the place with its cheap microphone, sketchy mixing and lack of bass.

giphy.gif

Roachella, In My Feelings and White Mustank make your entire point invalid

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Roachella, In My Feelings and White Mustank make your entire point invalid

Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, Get Free. 

Those three songs redeem that entire sucky album

giphy.gif

i know that album's worth when i like every damn song on it, like is case with ultraviolence. Honeymoon, lfl and nfr... just half of it...

Born To Die and Ultraviolence was her Magnum Opus. In my opinion. Everything else was either beautiful, good or great. Although in the case of Lust For Life.... :eek: