Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I agree 100%. The 'happiness is a butterfly' part is good, but the other parts are hilariously bad, especially at this point in her career, and BaAy-A-Bee' and 'oooh-hoo-oohhs' are so lazy and pedestrian.

That is indeed the actual worst part of the album  :smokes4:

for what? The album? doin time?

Coachella

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Highkey understand NFR, MAC, TNBAR, The Greatest, HiaB, nd HiaDT on an uncomfortably personal level now more than ever. Bittersweet

awww i hope you're ok? <3

it's just the way i feel

how i connect the songs to my life and emotions:

norman fucking rockwell - i dont realate to it tbh... i even feel like she's singing about me :rip: i look great and bright in the outside but im a fucking mess and a manchild actually

mariners apartment complex - i cried to this one many times, it really speaks to me! :( "who i am is a big time believer THAT PEOPLE CAN CHANGE!!!" damn...

venice bitch - this is my ex singing to me... he was so hurt he became a very cold and surly person... ice cream ice queen... trying to be stronger for you...

fuck it i love you - it's such a personal song so i dont find a way to relate to it... except for obviously 'if i wasnt so fucked up i think id fuck you all the time'

love song - the intimacy and romanticism... 'i would like to think that you would stick around / is it safe to just be who we are?' my ex not letting me kiss him in public spaces, afraid of being seen by strangers :poordat:

doin' time - N/A

cinnamon girl - i dont have a lot of experiences with love, i only had 1 boyfriend... but just the thought of meeting a guy and having to tell him all my traumas and insecurities ugh... 'theres things i want to say to you but ill just let you live...'

how to disappear - N/A only relate to it cuz im ugly like the song!

california - i'd do anything for my ex to come back!!!

best american record - N/A

the greatest - it's a stretch, but the 'miss doing nothing the most of all' speaks to me a lot because i never had the chance to be young and careless and doing nothing... i would actually love to miss that, but sadly i cant

happiness is a butterfly - i relate to it in the sense that happiness is everywhere but sometimes it's so so hard to catch it

bartender - N/A

hope - i relate because of the depression thing, but it's the most personal Lana song so it's difficult

i would like to read y'all!

I feel dumb for voting for Cinnamon Girl because now California and Happiness is a Butterfly are my ultimate favs. I've replayed them so many times.

Fixed my vote  :hooker:  HIAB is that bitch

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

“Cinnamon... in my tee-”

https://youtu.be/C-MimnVmUGc

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

@@PARADIXO I did it for you.

-Norman fucking rockwell: N/A. But imo, it's one of her best songs ever.

-Mariners apartment complex: kinda the same reasons as you, but also because I really want to be a pillar for the boy I love when he gets lost. "I'm your man"

-Venice bitch: Don't relate much, except that I try to be stronger for him.

-Fuck it I love you: " Maybe the way that I'm living is killing me/One day I woke up like maybe I'll do it differently" > I don't do anything bad, don't smoke or do drugs or whatever, but when you're depressed and can't put your life together, this line speaks to you. And despite the distance, I love that boy like nobody else can, and I wish he could hold me when I'm not okay. Yeah, fuck it. I love him.

-Doin' Time: N/A

-Love song: the whole song speaks by itself. But the line that makes me cry every time even now is "You know that I just die to make you proud".

-Cinnamon girl: that guy could be the first one to love me without hurting me.

-How to disappear: Metaphorically, I cry on his shoulder cause life is hard. But other than that I don't relate much. I just think it's a gorgeous song.

-California: Again like Love song, all the lyrics speak to me and it makes me cry so much. How I wish I could ease his sadness. But he'll always have me no matter what... Never giving up on him... Always giving my all for him... Because no matter what anybody else says, he really is brighther than the brightest stars and he deserves the world...

-The Next Best American Record: I relate to the bridge.

-The greatest: I can relate to the way life is exhausting and I wish I had more time to take care of myself and heal.

-Bartender: N/A

-Happiness is a butterfly: Again, kinda the same reasons as you. Seems like happiness is all around me but doesn't want to come to me. And I'm just here seeing people around me healthy and happy while wondering what's the next shit that will happen to me. Will I ever be able to dance happily?

-Hope: This one is my favourite for so many reasons. Yeah, hope is truly a dangerous thing for me. I've been suffering from depression since 2015. But I guess I still have it inside of me. And maybe one day I'll be able to fight the monsters under my bed and be okay. And won't have to be stressed about everything.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Omg. The setlist. Is beautiful!!. Young and Beautiful omg. Ride. Black beauty.

Is there anything new? Because she's been doing those three songs in the LA to the moon tour too

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~