Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Idk if anybody already said this, but on an italian website they basically leaked that Lana will be coming here on the 9th of June in Verona, so yeah I think leg 4 of the tour will be 99% in Europe.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.larena.it/home/spettacoli/arena-pop-rock-2019-annata-record-e-nel-2020-lana-del-rey-ed-emma-1.7706356/amp

i think its australia.. This are just some shows she will link with festivals i guess

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Okay I know this is really random but I'm gonna rate each song from the album

Norman Fucking Rockwell - 7/10
Mariners Apartment Complex - 7.5/10
Venice Bitch - 7.5/10
Fuck It I Love You - 6/10
Doin' Time - 8/10
Love Song - 6.5/10
Cimmamon Girl - 9/10
How To Disappear - 7.5/10
California - 9.5/10
The Next Best American Record - 7/10
The Greatest - 8/10
Bartender - 10/10
Happiness Is A Butterfly - 9/10
Hope - 6/10

WGe8ynS.gif

I kinda can't stand the piano songs, it's why I can only tolerate NFR in the smallest doses. My head-space wants something with Ultraviolence and AKA sounds. In my opinion NFR sounds helpless and I think it was meant to be the opposite. UV had this dark, throaty sound and NFR sounds expressionless, flat. NFR has barely any good slow crescendos, the intros are the absolute worst. Sorry, I know I'm shitting a lot on NFR. AKA had this thoughtful sound to it, not like the "introspective sad girl shit" sound, but AKA had this sound that I can't describe. AKA is pleasant and plays around with different sounds. I wish she would get rid of that trap beat added in HM era.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

We're in the middle of October and Honeymoon stans are still having meltdowns over one of the most acclaimed albums of the decade, NFR! :lmao:

I love NFR, but just because it has more critical acclaim than honeymoon doesn’t necessarily make it a better album. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

We're in the middle of October and Honeymoon stans are

still having meltdowns over one of the most acclaimed albums of the decade, NFR! :lmao:

Are we considering the lady in the witch hat and the round soft Mantano the zenith of appraisal?

It has been out for less than 2 months. Tens of thousands of albums have dropped since 2010. You cannot possibly call this one of the most acclaimed albums of the decade when it has been out for 2 months. People reported on it because it was released. That is all. Let us not exaggerate.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

We're in the middle of October and Honeymoon stans are still having meltdowns over one of the most acclaimed albums of the decade, NFR! :lmao:

Lana herself said that she told Jack to not go big with the production. And as we know, that turned out to the best decision she's ever made.  :flutter:

Sorry but I have to laugh, this whole "NFR iS tHe bEsT FeMaLe aLbUm ReLeAsEd tHis dEcAdE!!1!" narrative you're trying to push is getting a little old now.

It's honestly laughable how you always bring up Honeymoon stans being bitter that NFR got recognition Honeymoon did not, like you're always using critics as proof of Lana's so called greatness on this record. Very same critic that literally shit all over her discography up until this album. Albums that, if I may add, probably got you into listening to her music or be a fan I presume? Shitty critics didn't stop you from listening to these albums at the time of their release, did they? Funny how now some of y'all Jackoff Antonoff stans now use that as some sort of leverage whenever people point the out the obvious faults and flaws on NFR.

Sorry but saying that this album is her best just because she's got good reviews for it is bullshit, it's literally been two months since its release and as much as I love Lana and think it's well overdue that she receives acclaim, saying that NFR is better than the tens of thousands of album that have been released since 2010, let alone her own albums, is a fucking joke.

You keep talking about how perfect this album is, but frankly, it's probably her most subdued. For the life of me, I honestly can't stand how flat, dry, tinny and lifeless the instrumentals sound, not mentioning how cheap they come off on certain tracks too. And don't even get me started on how unequal and plain the vocals sound too on most tracks. It's just painful how there is not symbiosis between voice and instruments on this record. Even some of the lyrics are just cringeworthy "Oh god miss you on my lips, it's me your little Venice Bitch" like wtf is that about? So much for Lana's alleged "best and career defining song".

Funnily enough, on my way back home earlier Brooklyn Baby came on shuffle, and wow, this track obliterates the vast majority of tracks on NFR. Instrumental wise it's everything NFR should've been, perfect balance of subtlety and intensity, intricate instrumentals not like "look I can play guitar!!" in your face kinda instrumentals, everything but flat, and perfect arrangement of vocals and instrumentals. An actual masterpiece.

At this particular point even Lust for Life was better production wise.

NFR already making it onto decade-end lists despite being released right around cut-off period :flutter:  That's how legendary this album is.  :flutter:  One of the most acclaimed albums of the decade.  :flutter:

khvdVSz.png

NFR already making it onto decade-end lists despite being released right around cut-off period :flutter:  That's how legendary this album is.  :flutter:  One of the most acclaimed albums of the decade.  :flutter:

khvdVSz.png

I'm happy that you are living your fantasy Jack I mean Jared! I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I don't think that the very same magazine that literally spat all over her other albums, all of a sudden basically giving Lana a license to kill actually means much. If anything it's just them eating shit up, for all the bullshit they've written about her the past eight years. Giving her a top spot on a decade ending list after being out for like a month and a half and sounding, well the way it sounds... if I could stretch this far I'd probably reach the Moon.  :rip:

Speaking of pushing a certain narrative, maxdenhaag has been spamming the same propaganda for months, trying to brainwash people into hating the album, and nonstop attacking King Jack and the production! It's not working!

Speaking of pushing a certain narrative, maxdenhaag has been spamming the same propaganda for months, trying to brainwash people into hating the album, and nonstop attacking King Jack and the production! It's not working!

Speaking of propaganda: you've been spamming several threads about Jack being an actual good producer for months now trying to convince people that he actually did good work on this record, Jack Jared.  :hooker:

Also, sorry but pointing out flaws and amateur-ish mistakes and piss poor mastering, is not hating, it's called stating facts:flutter:

You're a clown  :toofloppy: 

Speaking of propaganda: you've been spamming several threads about Jack being an actual good producer though, Jack Jared.  :hooker:

speaking of spamming remember when lanaboards user jared got mod queued for

MAGNUM OPUS

it's just the way i feel

Speaking of propaganda: you've been spamming several threads about Jack being an actual good producer for months now trying to convince people that actually did good work on this record, Jack Jared.  :hooker:

Also, sorry but pointing out flaws and amateur-ish mistakes, is not hating, it's called stating facts.  :flutter:

You're a clown  :toofloppy: 

idk about this whole fight and don’t care, but according to Pitchfork’s ranking, his original post you quoted wasnt wrong. You aren’t wrong either, though, to an extent. BTD is her most streamed album & most sold album, BUT, that doesn’t mean it is her best album. Same thing with NFR being the highest ranked album since 2014, and highest ranked album from a female artist this decade, according to Pitchfork. Just bc you think it’s flawed doesn’t change that critic’s opinion and just bc it didn’t sell the most doesn’t mean it’s the worst album by her either. Simply get over yourself & your holier than thou attitude please. That’s getting as old as him screaming “ITS THE BEST THING EVER ITS THE BEST” that’s annoying as shit too. Bc it’s simply not true.

just bc your opinion is ~-•dIfFeRnT•-~ doesn’t validate it. also being a dick about it doesn’t work

i’ve been trying to figure out what “obvious flaws” people hear??? i’ve read that being thrown around but seriously like what? what’s so obvious bc i’m missing it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

idk about this whole fight and don’t care, but according to Pitchfork’s ranking, his original post you quoted wasnt wrong. You aren’t wrong either, though, to an extent. BTD is her most streamed album & most sold album, BUT, that doesn’t mean it is her best album. Same thing with NFR being the highest ranked album since 2014, and highest ranked album from a female artist this decade, according to Pitchfork. Just bc you think it’s flawed doesn’t change that critic’s opinion and just bc it didn’t sell the most doesn’t mean it’s the worst album by her either. Simply get over yourself & your holier than thou attitude please. That’s getting as old as him screaming “ITS THE BEST THING EVER ITS THE BEST” that’s annoying as shit too. Bc it’s simply not true.

just bc your opinion is ~-•dIfFeRnT•-~ doesn’t validate it. also being a dick about it doesn’t work

i’ve been trying to figure out what “obvious flaws” people hear??? i’ve read that being thrown around but seriously like what? what’s so obvious bc i’m missing it

It's just an opinion, I happen to think that from a production and mastering point of view, it is my least favourite album.

Quite frankly when it comes to Lana I really don't care what critics have to say about her, whether it's positive or negative. She's been at the receiving end of so much hatred, animosity and vicious attacks from the very same critics that are now giving her some sort of seal of approval like "look Lana we finally love one of your album, you're finally great!". Well, that's bullshit.

We are all free to enjoy whatever albums we want, we also have the ability to discuss about our likes and dislikes, but also things that are more or less matter of factly. Not trying to convince everyone, but maybe balance things out I guess. There are positive comments as well as negative ones here, it's totally normal, and should honestly stay as such. What a boring world when everyone systematically agree with one another.

Have a good day though!