Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Watching Grammy museum interview and Jack said first day working with Lana was probably the most prolific musical day of his life. Poor Lorde (and Taylor). 

when he said prolific, he wasn't kidding

Watching Grammy museum interview and Jack said first day working with Lana was probably the most prolific musical day of his life. Poor Lorde (and Taylor).

Was this intentional? :creep:

lord-and-taylor-02.jpg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Barrie just said on ig live (paraphrasing) “nfr is her best since born to die, i likes her voice and every song on it, I’m proud of her and I hope she’s happy. And that’s all u need to fucking know” I’m shook. Only 14 other people witnessed it.

Barrie just said on ig live (paraphrasing) “nfr is her best since born to die, i likes her voice and every song on it, I’m proud of her and I hope she’s happy. And that’s all u need to fucking know” I’m shook. Only 14 other people witnessed it.

someone pls has to screen recorded. plzzz :(((((

After each album Lana releases, I listen to it nonstop for a couple weeks, then get really into going through her whole discography for a bit before taking a break and listening to like fleetwood mac n shit for a while. Then I go back to Lana’s albums, especially the new one. After this break, I still think NFR is one of her best, if not the best. I often change my mind which is her favourite, so I hate calling one the best. I like alternating between which Lana album I listen to with NFR as a pair and lately I’ve been finding Honeymoon and Paradise are great companions to it at the moment. When NFR first came out, I was probably listening to it beside AKA and UV the most, so it does always change which albums I feel go nicely together. I also have been trying some days to not take out either of my NFR vinyls and just listen to the album shuffled on Spotify with my good headphones while I do tasks around the house so I get a good feel of the songs individually Every once in awhile I do this with each of her albums to mix things up. Right now I’ve been finding myself listening to Mariners Apartment Complex, How to Disappear, and The Greatest the most. VB is probably still my all time favourite song on the album though (maybe my favourite Lana song of all). In all, I’m still so happy with this album (but I’ve never been unhappy with a Lana album, so take what I say with a grain of salt). Also when listening to the title track, the way the song (and album) opens up majestically before settling into the song itself reminds me a lot of Born to Die (such a classic intro too) and I think they’re the only two opening songs that begin that way and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Sorry if this post has no direction. I just wanted to share my feelings on it at this specific point in time.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

One of those 14 other people should have asked him to talk about what it feels like listening to California knowing it's about him.

One of those 14 other people should have asked him to talk about what it feels like listening to California knowing it's about him.

Everyone was asking that, they ask that every single time he goes live. That was as much as he would say about her or her music

Best since BTD? What's his problem with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon? Can't stand listening to what they made together or the emotion in her lyrics from the pain he caused her or?

Best since BTD? What's his problem with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon? Can't stand listening to what they made together or the emotion in her lyrics from the pain he caused her or?

Well, Black Beauty and Honeymoon (song) didn't paint him in the best light so I can understand why he might have a problem with them.

I have decided that NFR will be soon tatted on my collarbone due to how much meaning is tied into the album and the phase of life I’ve been through since it’s been released. Also, I did a Lana song sorted and HIAB came at #1, and i have no disagreements.

giphy.gif

I have decided that NFR will be soon tatted on my collarbone due to how much meaning is tied into the album and the phase of life I’ve been through since it’s been released. Also, I did a Lana song sorted and HIAB came at #1, and i have no disagreements.

Do it, if you really want it !!

I would also like to have a Lana-related tattoo, but I'm not sure which lyrics I should tattoo... :teehee:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I wanna get “Gods dead and baby that’s alright with me” or any other lyric from Gods & Monsters because I’m a rebel. And Lana is trying to stop us from listening to that masterpiece and I just won’t have it!

Everyone was asking that, they ask that every single time he goes live. That was as much as he would say about her or her music

I hope he shared some info about "Psychedelic Soup", his followup to "Cold Coffee". Him going dark on his art would actually be a loss to the culture.

I can see him being extremely bummed about UV, given Brooklyn Baby has a soundalike musician singing the male part at the end of that song (Seth Kaufman, everyone was fooled by this initially and thought it was Barrie). So UV is really the beginning of the end for them. I also remember Barrie praising UV ("UV is ultragood"), shortly before the infamous "It's not over" TMZ interview. If I had to guess as to why they broke up, I would *guess* that she felt his relationship to alcohol was too dangerous for her. The "liquor off the top shelf" line in California sort of supports this idea, which I originally got from thinking Barrie's instagram (at about the time of their public breakup) had a lot of alcohol imagery in it (could have been a cause or could have been an effect). Other than Black Beauty and Brooklyn Baby, I don't think any of the songs of UV pertain to Barrie. With the possible exception of The Blackest Day (he's sort of associated to the word "black"), I don't see any of the HM songs to be about Barrie.

What do you mean, you "did a Lana song sorted"? :)

I used to listen to Lana pretty much every day.  But my apathy for this new record unfortunately has given me apathy for her in general.  Whenever I listen to the older stuff, I still like it, but now I only listen to her maybe once a week.  Really hoping I dig her next album, coz Honeymoon was the last record I really loved, and after L4L and NFR, I don't think my fandom could take another let down.

26vMNDz.gif