Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

What?

Also, I'm not mad at all at the video we're getting, just thought the difference between what you were saying and what we'll get is pretty damn funny

Kpfft ok yeah I see that dlghadgdl;fajeao and no no. the eye-fucking comment I honestly forgot who mentioned that. It was like a running thing when I was posting HiaB clips from insta- it still cracks me up harder than it should luuuuuuuuol

UV/Honeymoon

Grammy Campaign

Ariana: Live album

Lizzo: High budgets videos+ remixes+tv shows

Billie: Tv shows, outdoors, new music, new videos, a doc, 20000 interviews

Lana: Lemme get a boring clip with my girls playing with butterflys

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Grammy Campaign

lil nas x: shitposting on twitter

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

Grammy Campaign

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Nnnn thing is being lowkey might be the right way to go rather than pander or grab their attention.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I want to NOT look at Ashley in the film clip for Happiness is a Butterfly but her eye raping is SO PROMINENT it's inescapably relentless. It's such an uncomfortable thing to watch, her staring into my soul EVERY clip she's in. It's like, if I looked away from the screen she would escape and then suddenly be in my house, an unwelcome guest watching me do everything.

At least Alexis has the decency to pretend to be looking at the CGI butterfly every now and then. 

3lfQEhw.png

I want to NOT look at Ashley in the film clip for Happiness is a Butterfly but her eye raping is SO PROMINENT it's inescapably relentless. It's such an uncomfortable thing to watch, her staring into my soul EVERY clip she's in. It's like, if I looked away from the screen she would escape and then suddenly be in my house, an unwelcome guest watching me do everything.

At least Alexis has the decency to pretend to be looking at the CGI butterfly every now and then. 

ASFOPASFHAFASÑFHSLKF RIGHT

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

TIWMUS SAYS HI )she invented Feminism)

I usually think of Lucky Ones as the BTD closer even tho it really doesn't count but you're right. TIWMUG made total sense for the whole album and everything she has ever said about it.

Hard pass on the feminism mention tho

How boring. Reusing footage that was released over a year ago, filming 3 songs on your iphone 8mm app when you have all the money in the world to at least buy an expensive retro camera, deciding to give bartender (her most boring song to date) visuals or even the slightest bit of attention and just ignoring the best songs on the album (love song, california, hope). Like forreal though. Aren't we all tired of this now? I already know how this video is gonna go and i haven't even seen it, i bet its just most of the footage in the album trailer of her pretending to be a witch, the scrapped hiab footage that we've already seen, and occasional repeptitive footage of a POV view of a car riding around LA

Dont mean to rain on everyones parade but come on

giphy.gif

Bartender is gorgeous! 

Literally all great songs, us Jack haters arent hating on the songs he made. But they definitely have zero bass, hardly any impact on a production point of view and underwhelming if you compare these songs to her older music like Off To The Races, Cola, Shades Of Cool, The Blackest Day etc. There is definitely a drastic change in quality. Also it still bugs me to my very core how everytime i play Love song, wherever i am i always have to turn it on FULL VOLUME just so i can hear the impact of the strings in the beginning because jackoff decided to make it super quiet for whatever stupid reason

giphy.gif

Need to put the vol up for California to hear the guitar sound during the chorus. 

california is the worst song on the album i truly don’t get why it’s so popular.

The chorus is gorgeous with the melody. 

soooo everyone endlessly repeating the same shite ab how NFR is Lana's "magnum opus" and swooning over mediocre Lana choons are coming for people sharing critical opinions of NFR based in actual music critique with valid reasoning?  the hypocrisy is more pronounced than Lizzy Grant's life.  seriously theres posts on every fucking page repeating the same thing trying to shut up anyone who doesnt see NFR in a purely positive sycophantic light.  that's more annoying than a differing opinion with interesting reasoning to back it up.

anyway, has the music video leaked yet?

ah yes, critics are always right and mass public opinion is always good.  that's why Donald Trump is president, Taylor Swift is a pop icon, Vincent Van Gogh never got recognized till he died, Jesus was murdered by a mob, the Tories are destroying the UK through public support, Nick Drake was never popular in his lifetime, etc etc etc, right??  Some people will never get it

Evan though NFR isn't my fave album, I'm glad Lana is getting recognition. NFR is beautiful despite lack of strong instruments. 

Imagine calling Baldtender a boring song

Top 5 on NFR and that's on that luv. Xoxx

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

ok yes i am glad Lana is finally getting recognition. BUT i am disappointed that it's recognition for her new, basic, toned down, publicly accessible aesthetic and not the glorious masterpiece trilogy of Born To Die, Ultraviolence, and Honeymoon.  but it's whatever.  Even boring Lana is more interesting than most new artists these days (including everyone else nominated for the Grammys (except Lil Nas X who should win (I used to like Lizzo till she fucked with that Postmates driver (Ariana has always sucked))) soooooo