Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Listening to Venice on Spotify again, has the background video for it always been there or have they added it recently? I don't remember a video playing when it was a single and not when I've streamed it from the album either.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Listening to Venice on Spotify again, has the background video for it always been there or have they added it recently? I don't remember a video playing when it was a single and not when I've streamed it from the album either.

I think people started noticing them ~2 weeks ago or so. I think most of her singles/ songs with mv have them now!

I wish I could go back to the time when I first heard the post chorus "DON'T BE A JERK, DON'T CALL ME 'A TAXI'" in Happiness is a Butterfly. I actually grinned and made an audible woah. 

Little did I know I would have to wait 8 months to hear it in full and I wouldn't care less when I finally heard it on the album.  :flutter:

I wish I could love the video but with Ashleigh eye-raping the camera in most of her screen time it's still a little flop.

3lfQEhw.png

I wish I could love the video but with Ashleigh eye-raping the camera in most of her screen time it's still a little flop.

Don't do Ashley dirty like that, it's not her fault Chunk has literally no directorial skills  :facepalm:

the video is still very much a flop though.

Following this obnoxious clip, I'm inclined to think otherwise - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bom3iYPgRO2/

Perhaps Ms. Ashley likes to think she's very ~ChAriSmAtiC~? :creep:

I reckon that Chuck's directorial skills are subpar at best.

Some Insta account reposted last weekend the first snippet she shared of Hope, when it was still called Sylvia. Maybe it’s the LQ, but I don’t hear the piano at all. Her vocals alone on that track are almost hunting. 

oh wow, oh wow. i have so much to say. over the last year, this album has grown on me so much. the contrast against what LFL sounded like with this record sounding so differently is what was needed. she absolutely followed up LFL with an album that painted her as even more of a future classic, and now i know what she meant when she called Honeymoon a future retro record. this album is even moreso future retro, i can’t wait until it’s 20 years old and i go back and play the vinyl and it’s just so timeless. the time it cooked was so worth it once we got to hear the final product. some may say it’s boring or typical LDR but it’s... not at all. there maybe 1-2 songs i don’t care for so much but i’ll still even listen to those, i don’t typically skip any on this one

anyways.... :trisha: happy 1 year birthday norman FUCKING rockwell. your title is even iconic. nobody else in the alt pop world would ever. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Happy birthday, Normie! A huge rival to Ultraviolence and the perfect new addition to the line-up of incredible projects that came before you. One of the best albums of our lifetimes for sure. 

Extra special birthday wishes to Love song, How to disappear, and California. :flutter:

8V7Yvel.png

Happy Birthday Norman!!!!!

I can't express how much I love this album. It has standout track after standout track and deserves to go down as one of the best albums ever! 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day