Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

posts from before know how much of a tender album you are. difficult not to get sucked in. alt studio film track vibes. drives, views, feels, memories n different shades of sun, all semi narrated by you. thank you, happy first birthday Norman, you're very much appreciated.

UV/Honeymoon

Happy Birthday Norman,

Since your beginnings after Lust for Life to your completion last year, you have accompanied me in an ever changing world. My world has changed a lot throughout these past few years, and I sunk into a deep sadness. When MAC and Venice came out it felt as though I had a reason to live for once. Soon after, I remained hopeful for the album to come, and every track and snippet released soon after gave me the energy to make it through the year. By the time the album was released, I had already found myself stable, and the music served as a guide from where I came from to where I was at at the time. It’s been a year, and I still listen to you everyday.

Thank you for being life-changing ❤️ 

BF77-AD48-C18-D-4144-B349-27-DC6-F78-CD7

I cannot believe this album is only one year old. Normally whenever x album anniversary rolls around I feel like wtf how has so much time passed? And I don't even think it's down to the additional year in between the first song being realesed and the teasing of other tracks before the eventual album release because I never listened to all those clips she shared. I think it's because it still sounds so fresh and to me the songs still have the same impact as they did on the first listen because the amount of vulnerability and honesty in them is so genuine and sincere and the sound is so nonconforming with any trends that it will always sound timelsss. Undoubtedly her best effort and my favourite album of hers.

Favourite song: Love song / Venice Bitch

Least favourite / the only song I don't really care for: The Next Best American Record

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

i remember the goosebump-shivers of listening to NFR (the song) for the first time..happy bday to this spectacular album! HTD and BAR still don't really do it for me but the rest of the album– in particular HIAB, Hope..., FIILY, and NFR– has been a huge part of my life since it came out. can't wait for the next one!

aOaIzH2.gif

Happy birthday Norman! My fave Lana album and one of my all time favourites ever. I could say so many things, it was released at a time when so much of it rang true in my life.

It was a tedious wait at times, but ultimately proved to be more than worth it. Will never forget the first listen in full, I cried for 30 minutes after hearing Love Song. The amount of times I’ve cried while listening to The greatest and Happiness is a butterfly is infinite.

The album feels much more subtle and toned down compared to Lana’s previous releases, probably that’s why I can relate to it much more, since my own personality has been turned down a couple of notches in the past few years.

I was kinda seeing this guy at the time, and the album came out towards the end of that ‘relationship’, so Norman was like the ‘before’ and MAGDALENE became the ‘after’ of the ‘breakup’.

Anyways, still sometimes wish How to disappear had remained a nice piano ballad since I overplayed the Apple event live version, but I still love the album version.

Honestly don’t hate a single song, they’re all absolutely beautiful.

The god tier would have to be Happiness, The greatest, Love song, Venice Bitch and Fuck it I love you.

Please excuse my rambling, there were too many things I wanted to say. Love u Norman <3

16 minutes ago, Roll With me said:
I wonder if "The Legend of Marilyn Monroe" was something

I'm assuming it was simply a comp sent by the designer to demonstrate their idea for the artwork

MV5BOTM0MWYwNzQtZmUzMC00NWE5LWJiYWQtN2I1

It's now clear that this was the inspiration behind the typography on the cover

latest?cb=20190802215706 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

11 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

this feels like its been out for like 3 years lol

lmao so true. maybe because MAC and VB came out in 2018 and we had a million snippets all throughout 2018 and 2019

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, titanicearth said:

What could've been...

This is awful even by Chuck's standards, and thats a lot to say. Looks like a cover for her 8th grade essay about "ViNtAgE sTyLe"

2 hours ago, titanicearth said:

What could've been...

this is really silly but i feel like a lana album titled "the legend of marilyn monroe" would be so funny but honestly i'd love it :defeated: it's so extra and tacky but i feel like lana could pull it off, i'm envisioning a mix between born to die and ultraviolence. 

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix