Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Happy Birthday to the best song of the album aka Venice Bitch tenor.gif

Love this song so much:wub: 

Even though it's almost 10 minutes it doesn't feel like 10 minutes  ..for me it's still feels to short and that's when you know that the song is fucking good !!

Some  moments feel like crashing waves and I love that 

Still remember when I listened Venice Bitch last year at the sea with my feet in the water....it was one of the best & most beautiful moments in my life and it was somehow magical :legend:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

the little sax in venice's so comforting. 

still remember the early morning rise n shine quality strings of the title track. this album's a time capsule. and we know how Lana's music's gonna age real well, but I think this one's gonna be an easy favorite for the listeners in the future. 

UV/Honeymoon

I’ve listen to Hope million times today. Its so haunting and personal. I always forget that it’s on NFR cause it seems like a “winter” song to me since it was released in January. I get why Jack said it’s one his favorites. 

23 minutes ago, 99centlips said:

I’ve listen to Hope million times today. Its so haunting and personal. I always forget that it’s on NFR cause it seems like a “winter” song to me since it was released in January. I get why Jack said it’s one his favorites. 

Agree!!

Hope is very haunting, feels so personal and intimate 

Love to listen to Hope on night walks in the winter:wub:  it fits the atmosphere so well!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

33 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:
  Hide contents

Am I the only one who finds LMLYLaW very similar to Fuck it I love you?

the snippet reminds me of venice actually! but sonically sounds like it's own thing with that acoustic guitar in the background

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, fucksforever said:

i sometimes forget that Norman gave us some of her best work in her entire career. Mariners, Venice, The Greatest... like wow. i hope Chemtrails does the same.

Yet people call it bland... smh 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

24 minutes ago, Loreen said:

There was scat spamming yesterday?

The album is finally getting released <3

We’ve been getting at least bi-weekly at this point...the latest was just today 

3rd (or 4th) times the charm right??

that witch needs to post something, ever since our false hope for the BBC lounge yesterday, it hit me how little news we’ve gotten at all :rip:

that aside, I’m still happily team delulu....I mean team cocctober 

26 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

im gonna get dragged but i hated hiab since the first snippet, its a flop. one of her worst songs

I loved the snippets, but as a whole the song just feels...off

"Don’t forget me"

I haven't really stopped listening to NFR, just not as constant if that makes sense. I can't really believe that it's only been a year. the skies are the same as how they were a year ago, but a lot changed, and ofc u grow. I kinda thought the record was gonna be here by now, but I guess it really isn't all that bad. I just thought that the memories attached to this one wouldn't have to last so long. it's not about lacking in appreciation, but just. excited for the new one chemtrails might be leading us to? 

I miss going out hahahahahaha. 

some practical advice to get ur day a bit feeling more less everyday: 
Venice, FIILY, California, HTD, TNBAR, and Love song. great tracks to listen to while the skies have that red/orange/pink glow with the dark grey clouds semi leoparding them. perfect for drivinnng 

UV/Honeymoon

On 9/18/2020 at 8:12 AM, Pico Boulevard said:

Still remember when I listened Venice Bitch last year at the sea with my feet in the water....it was one of the best & most beautiful moments in my life and it was somehow magical :legend:

This is why living in England isn't ideal tbh, there's nowhere to have any magical or beautiful moments if you go outside lol

1 hour ago, Chemtrail said:

This is why living in England isn't ideal tbh, there's nowhere to have any magical or beautiful moments if you go outside lol

but omg the English countryside is so gorgeous! though i know not everyone can just flit off to the countryside whenever they feel like it.

aOaIzH2.gif

10 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

but omg the English countryside is so gorgeous! though i know not everyone can just flit off to the countryside whenever they feel like it.

I disagree tbh, just looks bleak to me. I'd rather go to a beach. Then again if it's a packed beach I'd rather not lol

So... NFR has become my favourite album of all time. Anyone else? It's just sooo good. I just listen to it end to end over and over. 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day