Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Someone uploaded an edited version on Reddit with clear vocals and reduced instruments. I'm not able to access it..but slot of people seem to have downloaded it. Can someone download and CLYPIT?

have u tried this https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19R9Tel0ecEPxT8z71LbsBqKve-6HKE-s

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

title track best song off the record 

Venice Bitch and The greatest both say hi!

imagine VB but with UV production  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:

Let's be honest, imagine the entire album with UV production  :legend: :legend:  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:  

Why are you guys blaming BBC? C'mon now. She's been sounding pretty bad lately in her live performances.

I saw Lana live in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017(ok it was just one song for a tribute show, but still) and also looking at pretty much all her live performances... it's very unequal tbh.

In 2014 I feel like it was a bit shaky at times, but she still seemed to want to go for high notes and give a great performance.

In 2015 I feel like this was her peak, pretty much the entire Endless Summer Tour was flawless, she gave great performances and pretty much hit all the high notes, especially those vocal runs in Off To The Races!

In 2016... I guess there were a couple great perfomances, but seeing her at Osheaga she looked great on stage, but she started to look like she didn't give a crap at the same time, she did all her little Lana mannerisms, which always sends her hardcore fans into post-orgasm state and they scream extra loud, but other folks (especially at Festivals when it's not just fans) they don't really get the appeal, which ends up being a little awkward.

In 2017 that one performance with Adam Cohen was everything, nothing to complain about.

In 2018, oh my god. Her stage presence was weird af to me. On some nights she looked like she couldn't care less to be on stage, on others, I felt like she was doing the most, and sometimes too much too?

And now here we are, pretty much the same as last year, unequal and just kinda weird to me, and also seemingly not giving a crap if she hits the right note or not?

Edit: We're miles ahead of her SNL performance, but sometimes I feel like Lana doesn't try too hard to just prove to everyone she can hit notes and sound as great as she does on her records.

Okay so I mentioned this in the Lana Drug Use thread and I wanna talk about it here bc idk if anyone has brought it up before (and most of you prolly don’t read that thread)

But I think in VB when she says Me, myself, I like diamonds, my baby crimson & clover she’s actually implying the guy’s age or being an “old soul”. The same thing that she did with My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola in which case (at least, I believe) she is referring to the guy’s age or at least him being an old soul, reason being the way she’s heard him refer to it as “Pepsi Cola”, not just simply “Pepsi.” Meaning in this case he’s an older guy. (Inb4 someone says “Its a reference to a song from the 60s!” I know this and this is what gave it away to me.)

She could be referring to weed and wine or weed and red rum punch (from the BPBP demo), sure, but I don’t think that’s 100% the case. The other uses of older music (I ain’t no candle in the wind, ...first stop to Kokomo, etc) imply the same thing to me. And then we come back to VB and literally she says We’re getting high now bc we’re older which supports my theory even more

I just wanted to post about this in here and see if anyone else agrees??? Does this make sense? If someone else has posted about this I’m sorry but it all just clicked in my head and it all makes complete & total sense this way.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Song Ranking ;

Venice Bitch

Norman Fucking Rockwell

The Greatest

Love Song

Mariners Apartment Complex

Happiness Is A Butterfly

Fuck It I Love You

California

Cinnamon Girl

Bartender

The Next Best American Record

How To Disappear

Doin Time

Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It

Overall Rank ; 9/10 (Only Criticism is the vocal mixing every now and then and the order of the songs but thats minor things)

Okay so I mentioned this in the Lana Drug Use thread and I wanna talk about it here bc idk if anyone has brought it up before (and most of you prolly don’t read that thread)

But I think in VB when she says Me, myself, I like diamonds, my baby crimson & clover she’s actually implying the guy’s age or being an “old soul”. The same thing that she did with My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola in which case (at least, I believe) she is referring to the guy’s age or at least him being an old soul, reason being the way she’s heard him refer to it as “Pepsi Cola”, not just simply “Pepsi.” Meaning in this case he’s an older guy. (Inb4 someone says “Its a reference to a song from the 60s!” I know this and this is what gave it away to me.)

She could be referring to weed and wine or weed and red rum punch (from the BPBP demo), sure, but I don’t think that’s 100% the case. The other uses of older music (I ain’t no candle in the wind, ...first stop to Kokomo, etc) imply the same thing to me. And then we come back to VB and literally she says We’re getting high now bc we’re older which supports my theory even more

I just wanted to post about this in here and see if anyone else agrees??? Does this make sense? If someone else has posted about this I’m sorry but it all just clicked in my head and it all makes complete & total sense this way.

The iconic line from Cola came from something Barrie said to her, according to her. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

That performance was incredibly beautiful, she sounded like a fucking angel. That kind of setting is what suits her best.

Agree, seeing it live was so magical. She sounded amazing and the entire stadium was silent, I honestly think this is one of her best performances.

The BBC Live Lounge was good but I hate that the background vocals / playback was too loud.

Loud playback tracks during live performances is kind of a staple for Lana  :hooker:

The iconic line from Cola came from something Barrie said to her, according to her.

Then again, she says so much, you can never be sure. But even if Barrie said it, it makes some things during the NFR! album almost refer to him. If he has an old soul, then, not necessarily age-wise, it would tie those tracks together a little with the old music references, making them about Barrie, possibly? Idk but I didn’t even realize she was with Barrie for that long wow

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole