Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Wait what ? I need to buy it today

edit : you meant vinyl or CD ?

Also, where can I buy FIILY (alternative version) and HIADTFAWLMTHBIHI with the monologue?

Haven't heard any of these

Yeah I meant the CD

any CD does, it's not just fnac.

I didn't know that every single CD does. The first one that I got also had the alternative versions but I thought that it wasn't always the case so that's why I specified

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

If I remember correctly, I think she sang I'm always gonna be right here, no one's going anywhere (HTD), twice in repetition at the apple event, and it bugs me how it's only sang once in the record. I genuinely think it's supposed to be like that, to get that abrupt/ longing effect to it, but idk it just leaves me feeling a bit empty

GUESS WHO WON A SIGNED VINYL FROM URBAN OUTFITTERS!!! ME AHHHHHJ IM SO SHOCKED I NEVER WIN ANYTHING?! https://twitter.com/fucksforever/status/1172202622343729152?s=19

FUUUUUUUCK! Congrats ho!  :whine:  :byeh8rs:

UV/Honeymoon

I can not still understand that she did the video for 2 of the least appealing songs on the album

Fuck it I love you

&

The greatest

they're objectively some of the finest works on Mr. Norman, and they're both related so it only makes sense she made a double video

GUESS WHO WON A SIGNED VINYL FROM URBAN OUTFITTERS!!! ME AHHHHHJ IM SO SHOCKED I NEVER WIN ANYTHING?! https://twitter.com/fucksforever/status/1172202622343729152?s=19

I've only ever won one thing back in like 2013, it's so fun when it happens. So CONGRATS!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

tbh CG is great and all but... i just wish it contained more lyrics

i am listening to it right now and it's great yes, as background, and once the beat drops its ooohhh fire but it really deserved more work. the vocals sometimes are a mess (she clearly recorded the vocals over a piano demo, like how to disappear) and (for the 1000th time, paradixo complains...) the outro :rip:

This album's so beautiful I find it hard to .gif - like, it's heartbreaking nd heartwarming at the same time nd I always go back to Get Free's it's hard to leave when absolutely nothing's clear, but then u think of the triumph in HiaDT, and think well, hey there's your answer, but I still can't leave it. This is like Lana-based meaning-math equations does anyone know the true value of x

GODDAMN MANCHILD  :whine:  :whatever2:

UV/Honeymoon

HIAB feels like the ultimate closer for the album - all the references to the previous tracks, like its summarizing them all   :excited:

"Crying in the backseat" = "In your car, in the backseat, I'm your baby" ~Love Song

"Left the canyon...

Laurel down to sunset in the truck" = "All the ladies of the canyon" / "I bought me a truck" ~Bartender

"I'll pick you up if you're in town" = "I'll pick you up if you come back to America" ~California

and maybe there's more I missed. it deserved to be the closer instead of h*pe, it fits so well  :noparty:

NFR has been nominated for Best Album at the Q Awards and it's only been out 12 days - whew the acclaim. Lana's also been nominated for Best Act In The World Today. 

aww wasn't lana's first award ever from q back in 2011? full circle tease

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF