Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Reading everyone's different personal experiences with this record has been so inspiring and beautiful. We don't all agree on things, but that's what makes it special. We all see things differently and I think this thread has done a great job showcasing our individuality and the different wavelengths we all fall under. Luv u all and luv this record with my whole heart. Lana has done a lot for me this year, from me winning the signed UO vinyl, to her responding to my question in a livestream, to finally actually getting to see her live in concert for the first time. It has been a magical time for me, and I hope that for all of you, it has been just as magical if not more. If not, your time will come. I assure you. I've been a fan since 2014, and it took till now for things to really happen. It's been a blast. Luv u all once again.

this made me so happy  :flutter:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

also I just wanna say that Lana Del Rey has officially gotten to the point where she has too many records for there to be a favorite song for me from her. It's impossible for me. If I had to choose a favorite from each record, it'd probably be

Born To Die - Video Games

Paradise - Bel Air

Ultraviolence - Brooklyn Baby

Honeymoon - Freak

Lust For Life - 13 Beaches

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Venice Bitch or Happiness Is A Butterfly

giphy.gif

also I just wanna say that Lana Del Rey has officially gotten to the point where she has too many records for there to be a favorite song for me from her. It's impossible for me. If I had to choose a favorite from each record, it'd probably be

Born To Die - Video Games

Paradise - Bel Air

Ultraviolence - Brooklyn Baby

Honeymoon - Freak

Lust For Life - 13 Beaches

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Venice Bitch or Happiness Is A Butterfly

This list... period

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

how to disappear just isn’t growing on me like it has for so many other people. i love the apple version but the production on the album version ruins the mood of the track entirely like?? so many weird choices were made and i don’t see how anyone thought those jingle bells would add anything to the song. it’s probably the only track on nfr that i skip

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

how to disappear just isn’t growing on me like it has for so many other people. i love the apple version but the production on the album version ruins the mood of the track entirely like?? so many weird choices were made and i don’t see how anyone thought those jingle bells would add anything to the song. it’s probably the only track on nfr that i skip

Is the "Apple version" different from the album ver? :rip:

rihKQ8M.gif

Just found this cover of California and felt that the arrangement is quite more elegant and meticulous than the original version. I actually like how it sounds, and the original version doesn't actually do anything for me, so wanted to share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL_DGjMxbq4

Just found this cover of California and felt that the arrangement is quite more elegant and meticulous than the original version. I actually like how it sounds, and the original version doesn't actually do anything for me, so wanted to share it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL_DGjMxbq4

It's a great cover! I love his voice. Not a fan of the arrangement. The key change and the strings make it sound quite cinematic to me, which I don't think fit the song. Would've been a good arrangement for Honeymoon! The song is meant to be raw and the instrumental powerful. But I love how he still brings the emotions. He felt it which is important. If you don't feel a song, it doesn't sound the same when you sing it. There are tons of covers on YouTube that people praise because of amazing vocals or high notes, but that are lifeless to me. So yeah, he did a good job! Thanks for sharing

Edit: I also listened to his cover of HTD and it's so emotional. A really talented guy

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I’ve been listening to “The Greatest” so much lately. The line “The cultures lit I had a ball, I guess I’m burned out after all” is ringing too close to home these days :suicide: thanks Lana

But also (where’s the book sis)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I’ve been listening to “The Greatest” so much lately. The line “The cultures lit I had a ball, I guess I’m burned out after all” is ringing too close to home these days :suicide: thanks Lana

But also (where’s the book sis)

Taste. The Greatest is such a good song, I love how she sings this part you mentioned :flutter:

And yeah where is the book, the music video ???? :rollin:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

well, ill just say, friends that judged me for loving lana are listening to NFR nonstop. Like all of my friends. So I will take that over a volume issue in how to disappear (the worst track anyways)  :brows:

Sometimes I think what the fuck was going on inside her head when I hear this song lmfao

but the guitar part is the best part in HTD

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Since the studio version has this christmas vibe, I actually like playing it even more nowadays that we are officially in the christmas season :)

can anybody recommend a good cover of cinnamon girl? 

I think this cover is amazing. It was briefly on youtube, but deleted shortly after. Luckily I snatched the audio real quick

https://dbree.org/v/2765db