Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Venice Bitch is one of the three songs from NFR where the lyrics create a mood rather than tell a story (the other 2 being Fuck It I Love You and Cinnamon Girl). That song is genius and innovative for her for the musical take-off. I just get totally lost in the musical part when I drive. Plus the trippy California vibes are just quintessential Lana. To me, it’s one for the best songs on NFR and one of the best arguments for AOTY Grammy nom. This is also where she earns her alternative title when categorizing her music.

Taste (also so eloquent) :gclap:

Yes this is exactly what i thought lol VB was like 1 week old and people were already calling it her best song ever made

and now their correct opinions have been verified

Venice Bitch is one of the three songs from NFR where the lyrics create a mood rather than tell a story (the other 2 being Fuck It I Love You and Cinnamon Girl). That song is genius and innovative for her for the musical take-off. I just get totally lost in the musical part when I drive. Plus the trippy California vibes are just quintessential Lana. To me, it’s one for the best songs on NFR and one of the best arguments for AOTY Grammy nom. This is also where she earns her alternative title when categorizing her music.

GEMINILANAFAN ALWAYS STEPPING ON THESE BEACHES

Don't know if this was posted. NFR is the second one. (I think he's in love)

I'm sorry Ma'am, but I won't take this bitch seriously. He disregarded/overlooked her entire discography up until she released her most subued record (much like all these so called critics that now claim to revere the musical genius Lana is/has become? :flop: ), the one on which she sounds less like "Lana Del Rey", probably why he likes it so much though. Anyway, Fantino Rice can rot. 

I'm sorry Ma'am, but I won't take this bitch seriously. He disregarded/overlooked her entire discography up until she released her most subued record (much like all these so called critics that now claim to revere the musical genius Lana is/has become? :flop: ), the one on which she sounds less like "Lana Del Rey", probably why he likes it so much though. Anyway, Fantino Rice can rot. 

Stupid bitch

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Venice Bitch is obviously a great song, but it's clearly not her strongest lyrical effort, let's be real. Also, the long/hazy/dry musical outro basically beefs up what is a pretty ordinary song to begin with. Just because it's ten minutes long, doesn't make it one of her best song.  :makeup:

tenor.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

it's because NFR is one of her bests  :hooker:  :flutter:

sgopYhV.gif

Well I don't know about lyrics, she has so many different lyrical approaches in hundreds of songs, it's hard to pick just 1 and proclaim it's the best. Didn't she say Hope is a dangerous thing has her favorite lyrics on the album?

Does anyone else find it annoying how NFR is really low quality on streaming services? Like for instance I'll listen to a random artist, then when Lana's song comes on shuffle I have to turn it up really high just to hear it. I don't know exactly why this is but her audio has been this way since Honeymoon? It's just very muffled and quiet...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Well I don't know about lyrics, she has so many different lyrical approaches in hundreds of songs, it's hard to pick just 1 and proclaim it's the best. Didn't she say Hope is a dangerous thing has her favorite lyrics on the album?

Apart from the title track and sometimes MAC, Hope is her favourite song. And I personally think it's her best song lyrically

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Stupid bitch

Oh wow people on this fucking website, why do you guys feel so damn threated by fucking Opinions?! You literally have nothing better to do or say, no better arguments, just "Stupid bitch" like???

giphy.gif

TNBAR and Cinnamon Girl are just mood songs. I like them

It makes a lot more sense if you just accept this album for what she said it was, mood music.

It's not supposed to be some super deep interwoven 'bigger than me' theme like her previous albums.

The only thing I disagree with is how boring of a mood hope puts me in...

and Doin Time is a summer song that only works as a standalone to me, NFR is definitely an autumn album.

It sticks out like a sore thumb

Does anyone else find it annoying how NFR is really low quality on streaming services? Like for instance I'll listen to a random artist, then when Lana's song comes on shuffle I have to turn it up really high just to hear it. I don't know exactly why this is but her audio has been this way since Honeymoon? It's just very muffled and quiet...

Not just on streaming services though, on CD, FLAC files and even on Vinyl this album just has this sort of muffled/flat and tinny tone about it. The production/mastering process of this record gives me anxiety.

The fact some people are taking this seriously... IM CRYING

Welcome to LanaBoards, if you don't like an album you're a "Stupid bitch". Simple as that, no explanation, did I get it right?  :smokes:

The fact some people are taking this seriously... IM CRYING

Fuck you

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

TNBAR and Cinnamon Girl are just mood songs. I like them

It makes a lot more sense if you just accept this album for what she said it was, mood music.

It's not supposed to be some super deep interwoven 'bigger than me' theme like her previous albums.

The only thing I disagree with is how boring of a mood hope puts me in...

and Doin Time is a summer song that only works as a standalone to me, NFR is definitely an autumn album.

It sticks out like a sore thumb

Say it louder!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: