Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

So is she still dropping that cgi glasses NFR video... I hope she scraps it and drops a high buget video instead, which will def not happen but like hi

soty could maybe push her for a high budget video..let's see.

Though I still love the lo fi home made aesthetic..

Soty seems hard..Its almost guaranteed Bad guy.. Imagine lover being nominated instead of Old Town Road.. geez.

Aoty possible. Billie wont win. Ari might. Aoty high chance.

I was really hoping for an important award category like Best Recording Package or Best Country Album, but these two noms are pretty good too. I think the chances of AOTY are decent. Ariana's already recognized (not as much as she could be though, need another Beck over Beyonce moment); Eilash needs to be tested further. But shit, anything can happen.

BTW, Jack is also nominated for producer of the year.

soty could maybe push her for a high budget video..let's see.

Though I still love the lo fi home made aesthetic..

Soty seems hard..Its almost guaranteed Bad guy.. Imagine lover being nominated instead of Old Town Road.. geez.

Aoty possible. Billie wont win. Ari might. Aoty high chance.

SOTY's a songwriting category, record of the year's for songs like OTR

qfrWuBl.png

ALBUM OF THE YEAR - Norman Fucking Rockwell

SONG OF THE YEAR - Norman Fucking Rockwell

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR - Jack Antonoff

Maybe some people on this site will finally wake up and realize how disconnected from reality they really are. I won't hold my breath though. 

giphy.gif

it wouldn’t be very interesting, unless she decided to bring her entire band from the tour and her dancers. Even then though, I’m sure someone will outperform her. It’s isn’t very hard tbh

Subtlety can be very beautiful too.

I'd like her to perform How to Disappear or Bartender..or NFR.

Without backing vocals of course.

HTD would be such a bittersweet moment.

Lana to The Recording Academy..:- do u want me or do u not....I heard one thing now im.hearing another...

Let this morning be yet another reminder that no amount of spam, hallucinations and delusional outbursts on this site can get in the way of the legacy Norman Fucking Rockwell is building as Lana's MAGNUM OPUS.

JitterySleepyGroundhog-small.gif

Let this morning be yet another reminder that no amount of spam, hallucinations and delusional outbursts on this site can get in the way of the legacy Norman Fucking Rockwell is building as Lana's MAGNUM OPUS.

Yess. Im so thrilled for Lana and Jack.! Truly deserving. Glad we stuck thru it honeyy

Exactly! Who in their right mind believes that NFR was a flop or in any way bad at all? It’s a fucking masterpiece that got the recognition of album of the fucking year.

giphy.gif

Wow congrats Lana for grabbing two nominations!  :gclap:

I hope you win! (Although you're most likely going to be eclipsed, we'll see)

I see that Jared (Jack? I'm not even sure at this point...  :rip: ) woke up from his long winter's nap. To write yet another missive about Lana's alleged

Magnum Opus  :toofloppy:  

I thought you had been banned from writing these things? Yet again bashing people that are far more active than he is on this community and actually try to write interesting think pieces about the state of Lana's music instead of resolving into regurgitating the same two damn words. Anywho.

Also another reminder of what? That Lana is literally at her weakest spot artistically, vocally, and she's receiving these accolades left and right when she couldn't be more basic and doesn't try hard to do anything these days? What are you on?

The only delusion on this thread is you acting like this lackluster record (which by the way had been buried until the Grammy committee brought it back from beyond the grave. Will it chart again? What position was it yesterday? 193? :creep: ) is remotely close to being Lana's best album, because industry people finally gave Lana some sort of recognition after YEARS or relentless criticism and hateful rants. Which by the way makes them look like clowns, now they are sucking up to her.

Jackoff getting a nomination for best producer is further proof that the Grammys are a complete and utter joke, the guy doesn't even know how to properly produce and master a record and create interesting instrumentals, high school band muc? Flat Antonoff is as basic as basic gets.

I hope your mental breakdown won't be too harsh on January 26th when Lana loses both Grammys over 'artists' that are even more beige and boring than what she has become on this record. Because that's how awards shows actually work. But they don't mention that in Pitchfork articles/reviews, that's why I'm sure you didn't even know. Acting like award shows are actually rewarding talent in the show business industry... wow your mind. If that were the case Lana would've received the recognition she deserved at the time for her first three albums, and that's that on that.

Billie Eilish is probably going to eclipsed anyone, just watch this year's Grammys being all about her. Oh well.

You would be surprised to realize how rigged and political these so called awards are being given and how many of iconic artists whose work transcend generations have got little to no recognition from their industry counterparts.

ALBUM OF THE YEAR - Norman Fucking Rockwell

SONG OF THE YEAR - Norman Fucking Rockwell

PRODUCER OF THE YEAR - Jack Antonoff

Maybe some people on this site will finally wake up and realize how disconnected from reality they really are. I won't hold my breath though. 

giphy.gif

Man, would it be that hard to accept that MANY of us were dissapointed about the album, and many still are? 

By the way, don't see how the Grammy Academy (yes, the same institution that seems to think that her most valuable artistic output till today was the Summertime Sadness remix), as well as Anthony Fantano, the Pitchfork crew and all the media echoing them are suddenly the most accurate source of info about the credibility of her work, when they have been thrashing on it relentlessly since her career started.

If you love the album, thats absolutely nice and legit. Enjoy it. But, just out of respect for Lana's work itself, don't use the people who has let her down once and again to try to impose your views as the only valid ones.

I already said this a couple of times but Golden Hour won AOTY last year, and it wasn't a big mainstream album like the other albums nominated. There's hope for NFR.

Exactly like kacey was against strong nominees and she still won, like ya need to think positive

I’ve listened to NFR over 300 times since it released, according to apple music

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 posts in a row sis are you ok?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkk9gvTmCXY

Eek I came on here to see people being happy about the Grammy news and instead it’s people hating on NFR?

Neeevermind

Nominations, accolades, reviews shmews. They could literally erect a statue on "honor" of that album, for all I care. Norman Fucking Rockwell! remains Norman Fucking Rockwell! despite all of that.  :makeup:

Congrats for her two Grammys noms though.