Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

While Norman definitely has its flaws to me, it was by far my favorite album released this year, and some of my criticism of it was just because I am a Lana stan who knows her capabilities. I'm more so just happy for her because she deserves industry recognition, and its better late than never, and as long as we all know that she should've been receiving this praise for her whole career, then there should really be no conflict. There's no point saying that she didn't deserve recognition before this album. I just feel so proud of her, like this is such a monumental thing and I just want to tell everyone I know because I can't contain my happiness for her art being recognized.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Her best album so deserved so pleased for her

On a side note: petition for fans who follow her tour around like a travelling circus to be executed by firing squad

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

NFR is a magneficent record that it's fully deserving of it's success and acclaim. it's simply a fact at this point. Did UV and HM also deserve this kind of acclaim and succes? They sure as fuck did, but we have to accept that poeple in the music world were in another mindset in regards to Lana back then, which sucks but it is what it is. 

For now we shall revel in Lana's glory in the eyes of the general public as she has 2 nominations up for the grammys with probably her highest chance ever of winning one  :legend:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I knew Lana was gonna get AOTY nom this round. It was one of the most critically acclaimed albums this year, so the nomination was pretty much guaranteed. Will she win? Who knows, but I think she will.

Kacey won last year and all I saw all over social media was how she had no chance and how Drake was gonna win, maybe Janelle, but definitely not Kacey. Everyone said Kacey’s album wasn’t mainstream enough. But it was very critically acclaimed. Lana’s album is similar in that sense. Yeah, Ariana might win, but I already think Lana will win.

I still hope she doesn’t show up. The Grammys snubbed her for too long and she shouldn’t go to prove a point. But she will go and she’ll probably have a darling vintage gown again and I’ll forget I wanted her to skip it.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

uv is her magnum opus i dont know why ya'll keep trying to claim that status for norman, stop while u can breathe

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

uv is her magnum opus i dont know why ya'll keep trying to claim that status for norman, stop while u can breathe

Honestly I don't feel like NFR is that deserving of a grammy either, I just want Lana to finally get one while she's still ahead :crying4:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i highly doubt she'll win, but this is honestly really great for her and im so proud she's finally receiving the acclaim she deserves! it definitely took too long, as she has yet to release a lackluster record (even lust for life has some pretty amazing moments and was one of the best albums of that year, which further showcases how talented she is). I'm just really excited to see her gain more public attention and critical acclaim. Norman really is deserving of album of the year, but even if it doesn't win, I'm glad it was at least recognized.

giphy.gif

that's just JackJared though, pretty sure he's a troll. Anyway, good for Lana for snatching two nominations, but too little too late Grammys. She's literally being rewarded when she couldn't be more subdued and beige, how sad.

Her best album so deserved so pleased for her

On a side note: petition for fans who follow her tour around like a travelling circus to be executed by firing squad

Ahem...

I think it's cool she was nominated. Her dad was excited about the announcement last night! I don't think she will win for Song. I bet Taylor or Billie get that. But with the others nominated I bet she has a good chance at Album. Billie or Ariana could easily take that, but I think she has a chance. If they give it to Bon Iver or Vampire Weekend I will have to yell loudly about it on the internet...  :crossed:

I don't see her winning SOTY, but I do think she has a great chance with the AOTY. I can see Billie winning Best New Artist and Ariana Best Pop Vocal Album, which would open the way for Lana. But you never know; it could happen some big plot twist and Bon Iver take it  :creep: :toofunny: .

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

the last time i truly felt like my life had meaning and purpose was when i was endlessly waiting for the release of Norman Fucking Rockwell and now that it's here... hope may be a dangerous thing for some but i dont have it where tf did that shit go.  another loss for the culture, Lana.  :/

Jack is nominated for producer of the year and is his first time in that category.

When Greg Kurstin got nominated back in 2017, 25 won album of the year.

Finneas is nominated as well 0.0

giphy.gif