Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

Why are we still discussing that irrelevant Discogs user list that has multiple Adele, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran albums on it?

And btw. only one album from 2019 (Billie Eilish) has made it onto that trash list. Nobody cares.

tenor.gif

So now, somehow, you feel entitled to choose which lists are or not "relevant". Man, or Interscope is paying you for the hooliganism towards the album, or you truly need to grow some own criterion, and some social abilities too.

So now, somehow, you feel entitled to choose which lists are or not "relevant". Man, or Interscope is paying you for the hooliganism towards the album, or you truly need to grow some own criterion, and some social abilities too.

I've been saying this for ages and people have come for me several times for this. There's nothing wrong with coming here and quoting articles that mention the album. I just find that bit nonsensical to use this as some sort of verbatim to use and debate with other users that come up with talking points of their own. This is the NFR thread on a fan community website after all.

This song is SO GOOD and I feel it aged very well. But IDK how approprite it is to post it here in the NFR thread but go queen

Also it's a shame she never did groupie love live. It does not seem very vocally challenging and I just know she would slay the chorus.

This song is SO GOOD and I feel it aged very well. But IDK how approprite it is to post it here in the NFR thread but go queenAlso it's a shame she never did groupie love live. It does not seem very vocally challenging and I just know she would slay the chorus.

Oh shit. Mobile’s a bitch

UV/Honeymoon

Inclusion of sales automatically makes that Discogs list irrelevant and not worth discussing. Quality and sales don't go together. Sorry, I don't make the rules.

tenor.gif

Let's pretend the critics, as the whole music industry, aren't sale-influenced at all, then. This is getting to the point of parody, truly.

This song is SO GOOD and I feel it aged very well. But IDK how approprite it is to post it here in the NFR thread but go queen

Also it's a shame she never did groupie love live. It does not seem very vocally challenging and I just know she would slay the chorus.

People would say this song is boring live because it's slow and has nothing interesting vocally

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Just focusing on quality is flawed because that’s all opinion based. Just focusing on sales is also flawed since it would focus almost solely on what’s promoted most to the mainstream. If you look to either types of lists for validation, you’re doing yourself a disservice. But either type of list has its purpose and you can enjoy either, but one isn’t more right than the other. I think any of these lists should be celebrated for what they are, not as a gospel truth. At the end of the day, what matters is how much you like the album, but lists are tons of fun as long as we don’t take them too seriously/personally. That being said, I would put all of Lana’s albums in my own personal decade end list.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Y’all Lana ain’t gonna get no Grammy campaign! If she wins it’ll be out of sheer luck! The best thing she’ll get is another ice cream truck to hand out rainbow sherbet, cherry vanilla, & neapolitan combo’d with NFR during the Grammys  :toofunny:

the "Ice cream, ice queen" truck or "The next best american ice cream" truck

some cinnamon flavored ice cream...the flavor

Doin' lime sherbet

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Billie Eilish has one of the most extravagant Grammy campaigns of modern times. More budget went to her few months long campaign than it did to Lana during the course of her 8 years long career. That brat even has a movie coming that cost more than 1 million to make. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she started jumping out of pizza boxes. Lana needs to leave that label.

Billie Eilish has one of the most extravagant Grammy campaigns of modern times. More budget went to her few months long campaign than it did to Lana during the course of her 8 years long career. That brat even has a movie coming that cost more than 1 million to make. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she started jumping out of pizza boxes. Lana needs to leave that label.

is that what you want lana to resort to and become? so that you can shove down our throats that the jackoff holy bible won a grammy? the desperation jumped out

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

is that what you want lana to resort to and become? so that you can shove down our throats that the jackoff holy bible won a grammy? the desperation jumped out

I'm just pointing out the facts. It was literally reported earlier this year that Universal and Interscope put Lana's album on hold for that child. We've come to the point where the Industry and other artists are more aware of Lana's worth as an artist than her own label. And that's the reality. That's why I'm saying: stop selling yourself short!

tenor.gif