Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

There's only so much the label can do for Lana other than put some billboards up around LA. Her team/label could probably get her booked to appear on the Tonight show next week to talk about the album but we all know how much she hates doing promo. The head of Polydor said in an interview that they have to carefully plan a marketing campaign for Lana because she refuses to do television. The most they could probably get her to do is appear on a few radio stations - similar to what she did around the release of NFR.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Tbh I don’t think Grammy campaigns or promotion are that relevant. If she’s meant to win a Grammy, she will. I’m leaving it to fate. Lana’s not a big promo artist, so this isn’t exactly unexpected behaviour. Even if she doesn’t win, an AOTY nomination is amazing as it is. I still think she has a high chance of winning though.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

On the top of the year Lana said  that she has not really a plan for the NFR! album rollout and that it is kinda fun for her and trumatic for us stans...so no wonder there is no grammy campaign 

And she got promotion from Taylor Swift and Billie FOR FREE....Lana might be lazy but she is smart

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Even Billie said in her newest interview that NFR is her album of the year. Like...Lana move your ass.

If Billie wins it she should do a Kanye on herself "Im sorry but Lana Del Rey had the album of the year, I was good but Norman Fucking Rockwell is one of the greatest albums of all time".  Then Taylor Swift should run on stage grab the mic and announce that NFR should have won :)

As for Lana being hailed as one of America's greatest living songwriters, that's not random at all considering there are couple of tracks here that literally sound like they could've been on some of the earlier Fiona albums.

how dare you. take this back immediately and burn your computer.

continuing my campaign for a lana/jon brion collab

now THIS could be a magnum opus

It's the NFR thread and I'm sharing my experience with the album and that's how it should be.

idk you but i love you bb. your opinion is invaluable on this forum, and perhaps more importantly, objectively correct.

to all of the Jacking Antonoff stans -- how can anyone assert that someone who has dated Lena Dunham has any sort of taste worth respecting?  js.

On the top of the year Lana said  that she has not really a plan for the NFR! album rollout and that it is kinda fun for her and trumatic for us stans...so no wonder there is no grammy campaign 

And she got promotion from Taylor Swift and Billie FOR FREE....Lana might be lazy but she is smart

Honestly, I'm not surprised by the absence of campaign. Lana is not a great promotional artist and clearly doesn't care about that.

Perhaps this is her intention: to win, if that is fate, purely for her art, being exactly who she always was, without changing her conduct just because she is competing for a prize. It's risky? Yes. But not impossible.

By the way, I really believe she has a good chance of winning even with a modest campaign. So if we have nothing but the Grammy Museum presentation and the Grammy U students in Nashville... We'll just have Lana Del Rey being Lana Del Rey.

giphy.gif

Call me delusional but... what if Lana is shooting the NFR music video again? The one she teased looked pretty basic and now that the song got a grammy nomination maybe she decided to make something more elaborate? That would be a smart move for her since she doesn't do live interviews or performances.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Call me delusional but... what if Lana is shooting the NFR music video again? The one she teased looked pretty basic and now that the song got a grammy nomination maybe she decided to make something more elaborate? That would be a smart move for her since she doesn't do live interviews or performances.

we could dream

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I want to say she's at least aware of how these work. and maybe knowing that, she doesn't really care as much, knowing the academy'll just choose who they want? I think, it's been obvious that Lana makes music for the fucks of it, which is amazingly admirable. Tbh, I'm not really all that sure how things'll change whether or not she'll get the award. She's just been constantly making quality music so if anything, I don't see what difference it'd make, not even to be dismissive. 

We already know she's a particular sort of taste when it comes to the people dis/liking her music image etc. I don't think that'll change anytime soon regardless. quick fact, is that she's never really not done anything that wasn't who she was, and gut feeling, from like a collective perspective, Lana and the grammy mentally seem to b two different axes that might only cross at 0. Her impact's incredibly like, behind a lot of the work that's been popping up these days, the aesthetics, the sounds even, so I get the kind of validation others would love for her to have, but it's also just very Lana to swim in and out of that. In a weird way, I think, that's how she continues to keep everyone's attention. She'll never really be overexposed, while still slowly garnering a real sold fanbase. 

If I were an artist of her caliber, I'd be incredibly happy being at that kind of midpoint. 

I guess since we've been talking about it. Do u think a grammy might affect, or have some kind of influence on her artistry? It's weird, but at the back of my head, it's like I'm thinking if she does receive the award, a possibility of her going country seems all the more feasible? Anyone catching my thought current lol

UV/Honeymoon

Voting started five days ago. If she was indeed doing something like this the  video should have been released last week.

I was watching a documentary about Houdini and something stood out to me about The Magic Castle. So people say it’s haunted (most likely is, let’s be honest). So of the ghosts that haunt the place, one is a bartender often seen just cleaning up the tables and another is a pianist named Irma who’s often still heard playing the piano. So these right away made me think of the song Bartender. It has the haunting piano throughout the whole thing and she’s going off to see a bartender, so those both would tie in. I then was thinking maybe the song is about her going off to The Magic Castle to spend her time alone just with ghosts, imagining they’re there with her. It also would kinda make the spooky witchy verses connect more to the chorus I think. Idk maybe I’m just crazy and I’m putting too much thought into this.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688