Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

It's still money wasted to me.

I'm not interested in the slightest to know how Jack ruined this entire album with his shitty input as a "producer" no matter how much your or JackJared or anyone are trying to push him down our throat as an allege "musical genius".  :)

oh, sweetie. i'm so sorry. i didn't realise you were deaf.

:ohno: 

It's still money wasted to me.

I'm not interested in the slightest to know how Jack ruined this entire album with his shitty input as a "producer" no matter how much your or JackJared or anyone are trying to push him down our throat as an allege "musical genius".  :)

damn you just couldnt be anymore mad :rip:

this is awkward. hm ok. 

but sometimes orchestrated looseness and stripped back-ness(?) is still very much valid. in fact it's what we've got. there's an honesty in it too. Sundance and art films are films too. maybe it's really less about focusing on how the production limits, but urges the listener to focus more on the tones of her voice (something she's also quite known for, her emotions coming thru) than anything else. 
like, why limit ur thinking when u can b flexible, b more open into listening to things in a different manner, gen question. 

Stream California hunties. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK1YiArMDfg 

gq3nlTY.gif

UV/Honeymoon

imagine being angry at JACK ANTONOFF’s production.......... like have you not HEARD the title track, Cinnamon girl, FIILY, Venice, Mariners and The Greatest? Like... some of y’all don’t deserve ears if you’re going to waste them like this

Literally all great songs, us Jack haters arent hating on the songs he made. But they definitely have zero bass, hardly any impact on a production point of view and underwhelming if you compare these songs to her older music like Off To The Races, Cola, Shades Of Cool, The Blackest Day etc. There is definitely a drastic change in quality. Also it still bugs me to my very core how everytime i play Love song, wherever i am i always have to turn it on FULL VOLUME just so i can hear the impact of the strings in the beginning because jackoff decided to make it super quiet for whatever stupid reason

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Can you get over it then? Gawd you are on every page of this thread acting up as the negative nancy, posting why you hate the album and Jaxk so much. We got it. It's getting annoying by now.

oh, sweetie. i'm so sorry. i didn't realise you were deaf.

:ohno: 

damn you just couldnt be anymore mad :rip:

Am I being negative or mad? I don't know possibly. Am I being critical? Absolutely.

We can agree to disagree. But I've been in touch with a lot of fans on LanaBoards and on other platforms, and what I'm writing here is a shared sentiment with a lot of other fans. You can think I'm "pressed" or "mad", anything you want. Doesn't change how much a lot of fans think this album is incredibly underwhelming, lackluster and even dreary. 

Also coming for me for writing my thoughts on NFR in the NFR thread... choices. I understand that I write a lot of the same comments, but at the same time like I've said a million times before it's just my opinion, if you get annoyed over opinions, especially mine, that's on you, not me.

I like to think that I participate in a discussion and I add a little bit more to said discussion than ask other users: "what's your favorite song?  :flutter: ", "what song grew the most on you?  :flutter: ", "rank from least favorite, to most favorite songs on the album? :flutter: ", "what zodiac sign would you associate with each song? :flutter: ". But also certain user(s) that are completely foreign to the concept of critical thinking and personal input and are only here to parrot critics over this single album.

All of y'all a have good day though!  :smile3:

PS: My ears are fine, there's difference between hearing impairment and having taste.  :creep:

I wonder how many times the comment "Lana please work with Dan again :defeated:" has been made...

anyway Lana please work with Dan again :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Am I being negative or mad? I don't know possibly. Am I being critical? Absolutely.

We can agree to disagree. But I've been in touch with a lot of fans on LanaBoards and on other platforms, and what I'm writing here is a shared sentiment with a lot of other fans. You can think I'm "pressed" or "mad", anything you want. Doesn't change how much a lot of fans think this album is incredibly underwhelming, lackluster and even dreary.

Also coming for me for writing my thoughts on NFR in the NFR thread... choices. I understand that I write a lot of the same comments, but at the same time like I've said a million times before it's just my opinion, if you get annoyed over opinions, especially mine, that's on you, not me.

I like to think that I participate in a discussion and I add a little bit more to said discussion than ask other users: "what's your favorite song? :flutter: ", "what song grew the most on you? :flutter: ", "rank from least favorite, to most favorite songs on the album? :flutter: ", "what zodiac sign would you associate with each song? :flutter: ". But also certain user(s) that are completely foreign to the concept of critical thinking and personal input and are only here to parrot critics over this single album.

All of y'all a have good day though! :smile3:

PS: My ears are fine, there's difference between hearing impairment and having taste. :creep:

repeating yourself over and over again isnt really adding anything to the discussion tho

qfrWuBl.png

repeating yourself over and over again isnt really adding anything to the discussion tho

True, but at the same time let's not act like there aren't other users on here that repeat themselves ad nauseam.

Isn't there that one other user that only come here to parrot critics and kiss Jackoff's butt and reposts the same creepy gif too? But also most notoriously goes on tangents about

Magnum Opus

california is the worst song on the album i truly don’t get why it’s so popular.

At release time I thought California was the worst song on the album but now I think it's one of my favorites, if not my ultimate favorite of the album. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

At release time I thought California was the worst song on the album but now I think it's one of my favorites, if not my ultimate favorite of the album.

that cinnamon girl pwussi just too thicc for me to ever think california was the best song

I like to think that I participate in a discussion and I add a little bit more to said discussion than ask other users: "what's your favorite song?  :flutter: ", "what song grew the most on you?  :flutter: ", "rank from least favorite, to most favorite songs on the album? :flutter: ", "what zodiac sign would you associate with each song? :flutter: ". But also certain user(s) that are completely foreign to the concept of critical thinking and personal input and are only here to parrot critics over this single album.

All of y'all a have good day though!  :smile3:

PS: My ears are fine, there's difference between hearing impairment and having taste.  :creep:

Well, in a forum with thousands of fans and in a fandom of millions of followers... there's obviously going to be differences .that doesn't change what's objective though.

I've been in touch with lots of people, hundreds of thousands of people. In fact, two million people have told me that they find the album to be very underwhelming. And that's not counting another thousand that told me they were disturbed by the production and background noises of Jack stretching his lower back and airplane landing 10 miles away from the recording studio. 

EmptyBlissfulEarthworm-size_restricted.g

OK Jared. We get it, Jack pays your rent. We know. It's that obvious. 

My DMs on here, comments' likes, Instagram mentions and Reddit posts I've read beg to differ though, but I guess you don't know what that's like to be in touch with other fans that think alike, so you like to imply that I have some sort of schizophrenia complexion, that's very, very funny Jared. 

But go off about how I'm mirroring my own thoughts unto other peeps. Aren't you that one Jack stan one here that has not the ability to express personal views and parrots critics 24/7? Hang me out to be the delusional one.  :rip:

I've been in touch with lots of people, hundreds of thousands of people. In fact, two million people have told me that they find the album to be very underwhelming. And that's not counting another thousand that told me they were disturbed by the production and background noises of Jack stretching his lower back and airplane landing 10 miles away from the recording studio. 

EmptyBlissfulEarthworm-size_restricted.g

i fucking love you :lmao:

Literally all great songs, us Jack haters arent hating on the songs he made. But they definitely have zero bass, hardly any impact on a production point of view and underwhelming if you compare these songs to her older music like Off To The Races, Cola, Shades Of Cool, The Blackest Day etc. There is definitely a drastic change in quality. Also it still bugs me to my very core how everytime i play Love song, wherever i am i always have to turn it on FULL VOLUME just so i can hear the impact of the strings in the beginning because jackoff decided to make it super quiet for whatever stupid reason

That's so true. The songs on this album are very quiet ...Every time I play NFR! songs I'm not sure if I have full volume on or not. Or if I listen to songs on spotify, Lanas (NFR) songs seems more quiet produced then songs from other artists even if the other songs are slow and more sad.  And I wish on some of the songs would have a little bit more bass.....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I normally don't @ people but I'm kinda annoyed at how incredibly boring and stale this got

@Jared, we all already know you adore Jack's production and all, but we don't need to hear about it 3 times on every single page

@MXDH, we all understand where you're coming from and I know it's just criticism (although highly nit-picky I feel like), but we don't need to see it on every other page

We get it guys, move on. We know it's your right to express your opinions but you guys have expressed the same goddamn opinions back and forth for the last who knows how many pages

Or I guess you guys can continue, I'm not that mad at the end of the day, do your thing lol

Also, NFR is an amazing album that still deserves it's praise. It's not her very best of course, but still 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe***