Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

for me the thing with tnbar wasnt the lyrics but the instrumental... it sounds nothing like the rest of the album. It sounds straight out of lfl like wtf. I cant listen to it, i always skip it. Why they didnt do anything with the instrumental??

1 minute ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I edited YTH along with TJF and they both are quite sonically in tune with each other. Lana is using an airy-light voice in both. I think it's possible?

https://dbree.org/v/f063fd

The way YTH feels like a better song than TJF :toofloppy:

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

bar didn't work at all on nfr imo because it was much better at being a bitter song than it was a nostalgic song, and i hated the vocal layering she added to her voice on the released version because it didn't suit the track well, in the original her voice carried you and you could feel that she was exhausted and fed up by the way she was singing it, in the nfr version she just seems to be shouting, they were obviously trying to make it cohesive against the previous track california with the same vocal layerings but california is a desperate song so the layering was needed with her shouting, but idk... tnbar will always feel out of place there to me

You are wrong. BAR is perfect and fits NFR well.

Mmeow~

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

for me the thing with tnbar wasnt the lyrics but the instrumental... it sounds nothing like the rest of the album. It sounds straight out of lfl like wtf. I cant listen to it, i always skip it. Why they didnt do anything with the instrumental??

Agreed! Just think about BAR with Jack's production... the possibilities! And we would still have the demo version as well :creep:

Happy as the moonshine

8 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

It works but it would have worked so much better if she would have just left it like it was before.

I dont think so... Album version is better than the demo. The way the most tasteless ppl on this forum have something with bar speaks for itself.

Mmeow~

Just now, DeluluKing said:

I dont think it so... Album version is better than the demo. The way the most tasteless ppl on this forum have something with bar speaks for itself.

Well, imo the new lyrics are meaningless and feel extremely forced, as if she wanted to change them for the sake of it. The original, bitter break-up version was much more authentic cause you felt that she really meant what she sings. And that would have fit the narrative of NFR much better than this weird "yaaay topangaaaa letz get naked" chorus that is not connected to the rest of  the lyrics at all.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

10 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

I don't even really get why she insisted on changing the lyrics. The song would have fit NFRs much better with the "bitter" version aka her leaving the narcissist musician. The worst thing was how absolutely random the new chorus was, as if it was written by a LDR-lyrics-generator-KI. I mean ... "Topangas haaawt tonite, I just wanna partay with uuuuu, I'm taking off mah bathing suit" is really just bad.

I think that she tends to fuck up when trying to change a song becuase of reasons ot actually relate to the music but because of overthinking ("I'm not in this place anymore"). Same thing happened when she desperately tried to merge BP into a duet with Spongebob Nicks.

The lyrical change is one of the worst things shes ever written. Not only that but then she didn't even change the bridge which is still her being bitter over the relationship which doesn't even fit the context of the new song :rip: also I see no point in the new version of the song. Like the old version has meaning because shes bitter over this failed relationship and shes expressing her anger through the song. But the new version is about looking back at a relationship that was.. not so bad? I don't get it. And like @Lustformoney said the only thing that really needed a change was the production. It needed a total production rework to fit the album but instead she left that as is and changed the lyrics to whatever monstrosity she put out. :scoff:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Just now, Electric Body said:

Well, imo the new lyrics are meaningless and feel extremely forced, as if she wanted to change them for the sake of it. The original, bitter break-up version was much more authentic cause you felt that she really meant what she sings. And that would have fit the narrative of NFR much better than this weird "yaaay topangaaaa letz get naked" chorus that is not connected to the rest of  the lyrics at all.

I like the new lyrics better :flop:

Mmeow~

maybe Lana changed the lyrics because the song was about Barry and it was pretty harsh because he's not  doing great and he is not very successful and maybe it made her uncomfortable to rub it in his face singing "you did it all for fame - tell me how's life treating you now" ? / On the other hand I agree with those of you who say the new lyrics are really bad - BAR was one of my favourite unreleased too but like someone else said before I too feel like there is something missing in the NFR version, whether it is the lyrics in the chorus or the instrumentals not fitting NFR 

2 minutes ago, hip hop in the summer said:

you are annoying 

I know.

Its annoying to see the person who is just right

and who doesnt go blindly with the shallow popular opinions.

ab4ecd648cdf87388a249b066a180eecaffd8ce4

Open your mind and understand the power of delusion.

Mmeow~

But did she really wanna go swimming in topanga w him tho? Did she really? Like. Things in the past are meant to b in the past, so it’s like. Did u still want to party? Sure ok we could do that but i’d rather not is what I always vibed w the song. 
something i never knew I wanted. She was already disconnected from it I always think

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

HTD fits worst imo :flop:

Hd7c-1.gif

I don’t often admit this even to myself but since it’s being discussed I must confess that Love Song makes me actually physically ill. The melody is jarring for being so bland. I can’t put my finger on what’s off. It’s like a quiet screeching. A clawing in my gut. I think Lana knows it’s a rare true dud and that’s why she was almost over the top in pinning LS and its melody to Jack’s lapel. Someday I might barf. Truly I can’t even play LS in my mind.

But I refuse to be afraid of Lana and a piano. Change is amazing. Let Me Love You Like a Woman, still love it and still repeat it, as recently as this morning still cry

NFR has more than a couple very near misses. Maybe Jack knows they narrowly escaped a disaster with NFR that could’ve destroyed Lana’s career and so took a more executive producing role on COCC. That’s my hope. Rick and Zach were secretly in studio with her. Oh Emile too

1 minute ago, masterpinks said:

. I can’t put my finger on what’s off.

your taste.

:oic2:

i kid. 'love song' is really nice - it's in no way jarring or bland. like, what did you expect for a song called 'love song'? lana to embody Beethoven and reinvent music? it's soft and gentle and that's, uh, kinda the point.

9 minutes ago, masterpinks said:

I don’t often admit this even to myself but since it’s being discussed I must confess that Love Song makes me actually physically ill. The melody is jarring for being so bland. I can’t put my finger on what’s off. It’s like a quiet screeching. A clawing in my gut. I think Lana knows it’s a rare true dud and that’s why she was almost over the top in pinning LS and its melody to Jack’s lapel. Someday I might barf. Truly I can’t even play LS in my mind.

But I refuse to be afraid of Lana and a piano. Change is amazing. Let Me Love You Like a Woman, still love it and still repeat it, as recently as this morning still cry

NFR has more than a couple very near misses. Maybe Jack knows they narrowly escaped a disaster with NFR that could’ve destroyed Lana’s career and so took a more executive producing role on COCC. That’s my hope. Rick and Zach were secretly in studio with her. Oh Emile too

i want to be able to appreciate love song but it's honestly really boring and underwhelming, i think the over-all vibe of the song is really sweet, being able to be vulnerable with somebody you love, it's a very nice theme for a song, but the song is underwhelming and the production quality is almost nauseating, it's rough and it's cheap, jack's production is so off for me, i love venice bitch, mariner's, and fiily, but i really can't get into love song, or tnbar because the production is jarring to me, i hope she does ldr8 with whoever she did thunder and california with

WGe8ynS.gif

24 minutes ago, Life said:

like, what did you expect for a song called 'love song'? lana to embody Beethoven and reinvent music? it's soft and gentle and that's, uh, kinda the point.

Uh, yeah. I did. Even if I didn’t, and with a title like Love Song I did, I can’t help the way my stomach reacts :bebe:

26 minutes ago, masterpinks said:

the fact that someone feels this way about one of my favorite songs off of NFR makes me sad. i have a personal attachment to it. and it's such a sweet song lyrically and melodically. i'm shocked that you cant even listen to it. :ohno:

chile anyways this isn't the NFR thread soo let's move on. you can slander love song in that thread. 

9 days till chemtrails!!! :usrs:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose