Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

892 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

California is on repeat today :trisha: I just listened to it in the rain & in the hard wind while smoking a cigarette, such an experience :xcry: I still remember the first time I heard it, my jaw dropped during the chorus & I was floored :crai: I could stuck in the chorus forever,  such a good amazing song & it aged so good :defeated:

“Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Idk where else to post this but I’m listening to Mariners and Venice rn and I’m surprised how vividly I remember that time period. The hype was next-level. I remember being totally stunned by MAC’s lyrics and Venice’s production and melodies. I miss that time so much rn. If she and Jack were to put together an album as well produced as those two I honestly don’t think I’d complain atm

Spoiler

Also just feeling rly nostalgic and vulnerable atm so that may be why they’re hitting me so hard rn oops

also this isn’t necessarily Jack praise

whatarecoloris.jpg

10 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

Idk where else to post this but I’m listening to Mariners and Venice rn and I’m surprised how vividly I remember that time period. The hype was next-level. I remember being totally stunned by MAC’s lyrics and Venice’s production and melodies. I miss that time so much rn. If she and Jack were to put together an album as well produced as those two I honestly don’t think I’d complain atm

Hide contents

Also just feeling rly nostalgic and vulnerable atm so that may be why they’re hitting me so hard rn oops

also this isn’t necessarily Jack praise

Listening to Venice Bitch live, with all of LB, will probably be my favourite memory of all time as a Lana Stan. That era started so strong… shame it dragged for so long though. 
Big hug to you. 

One of my favorite things about this album is that it feels like the end of the day of one of the last days of summer. The album begins at evening time just before sunset. There’s a dark storm on the horizon, but the sun is still shining and everything is still golden. Then, the album progresses through sunset, through dusk, through the storm, and into nighttime by the end.

It’s that bittersweet feeling of the end of the era and the celebration around that, but also the melancholy of knowing it’s over. NFR was released around this time of year in the northern hemisphere. It was also released at the end of the best summer of my adult life so far and not too long before the pandemic where everything in my life changed significantly and permanently. 

It’s one of my top two favorite albums of all time. I’m so grateful that I have it and all of the memories and feelings that are attached to it. It was horrible waiting a year for the album to be released since MAC dropped, but now, I’m so appreciative that it was released when it was. 

mYJNzQ5.gif mpcKR46.gif sjWYxwQ.gif

On 4/7/2022 at 10:34 AM, shadesofyosemite said:

I’m surprised how vividly I remember that time period

Same. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing while listening to her BBC One interview where they played the songs for the first time. The culture was lit pre-pandemic and NFR was the peak :xcry:

I just made "Bird World Edition" for NFR from Lanita's latest ig photo.

With new tracklist arrangement x

yL44iHB.jpg

WFTSTTG.jpg

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Dance me all around the moon

Light me up like the Fourth of July

14 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Love the artwork but the track rearrangement is triggering me haha.

for me, i always feel like Venice Bitch should be a closure track, it just has that ending credit vibes

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Lana’s vocals on the second chorus of FIILY >>>> especially the way it sounds on the physical version god it’s sounds so heavenly :legend:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

On 5/12/2022 at 6:12 AM, Whore of Tropico said:

I just made "Bird World Edition" for NFR from Lanita's latest ig photo.

With new tracklist arrangement x

yL44iHB.jpg

WFTSTTG.jpg

This is stunning! I immediately thought of NFR when I saw that photo. 

mYJNzQ5.gif mpcKR46.gif sjWYxwQ.gif

I haven't listened to the title track in a while, and I listened today. When I tell you I got goosebumps :defeated: I've always loved this album and it's been my favorite since it was released, but I'm feeling so connected to it right now in a way I haven't in a while

tumblr-mw9tro-BSw-N1sunm0go1-500.gif

44 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This is stunning! I immediately thought of NFR when I saw that photo. 

thank u luv, she looks vibrant in that pic & i love it sooo much

Everytime I listen to this album it makes me miss the sea & the beach so so much it's unreal:trisha: I think my favourite aspect about this album are the sea , summer/end of summer vibes & the "surfy" influences on some songs:defeated:

“Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

18 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Venice Bitch might just be the best song of all time. :defeated:

because it is

Thinking about how she said the album was complete at the time she recorded Doin Time and was 11 tracks. Later became 14 tracks with the additions of California, Doin Time and The Next Best American Record.

Do we think it was just the same tracklist order and these 3 songs were weaved in towards the end? Or do you think there would have been an alternate sequence prior to these additions?

This is my guess at a potential original tracklist:

Spoiler

01. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

02. Love Song

03. Cinnamon Girl

04. Fuck It, I Love You (alt. mix)

05. Mariners Apartment Complex

06. Venice Bitch

07. The Greatest

08. How To Disappear

09. Bartender

10. Happiness Is A Butterfly