Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand How to Disappear. The meaning is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of the struggles of alcoholism most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Lana's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from the Despicable Me franchise, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the jingle bells, to realise that she's not just deep- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike How to Disappear truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the meaning in Lana's defining line "this is how to disappear" which itself is a cryptic reference to Radiohead's 4th track on Kid A "How To Disappear Completely". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Elizabeth Grant's genius wit unfolds itself into their headphones. What fools.. how I pity them.  :lmao:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a How to Disappear tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the twinks' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel f*g

omg lana signed my wrist and i tattooed it, love it sm, lemme take a lewk ah :byeh8rs:

i quite like this post :blush3: though i warn you "preferably lower" may not work out :illumilana2:

It's so heartwarming to see other singers praising NFR! I see at least one every day, and today I saw Sam Smith saying the album is stunning

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

It's so heartwarming to see other singers praising NFR! I see at least one every day, and today I saw Sam Smith saying the album is stunning

I bet he loves the greatest :creep:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

HDD says NFR will debut with 80K. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I already saw Camila Cabello, Charli XCX, Troye Sivan and Sam. This is really. She came through!

giphy.gif

Pure sales or including streaming?

Including

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

@@Elle I loved reading your thoughts... It must suck that music can bring back bad memories for you (but also good I hope? :) )... 2017 was my worst year but luckily, LFL doesn’t bring me back to those moments. What I remember the best was the radio premiere of Summer Bummer and Groupie Love (I was cooking pasta while listening and chatting here on LB lol) and playing Heroin during winter when it was all dark outside and the moon was up.

You’re gonna get through this, I’m sure of it. Maybe there will always be a scar but I’m sure that brighter days will come back to you. <3

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png