Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

speaking of tour bundles does anyone know how to redeem the album copy that comes with tour tickets?? i never got my email about it

Check spam or anything. Should be there if u’re from US

giphy.gif

They saw the NFR (song) Spotify numbers huh

And also

http://www1.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=317756&title=NEW-RELEASES%3A-TOOL-TIME

Sis you’re over. HDD predicted 80-90k for LFL

Tool's sales... Omg... I thought that if we tried really hard maybe we'd get close but 260k copies? Definitely no way

They predicted 90k for LFL and in the end she did almost 110k. Also these numbers are very low considering she's doing tour bundles, I think the real numbers will be bigger

I know, their SEA prediction is low and also I’m not sure if Interscope has reported the sales from her online store already.

speaking of tour bundles does anyone know how to redeem the album copy that comes with tour tickets?? i never got my email about it

I haven’t received anything yet either.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

i appreciate that this time around miss grant does a way better job at mingling the personal with the contemporary/worldly. you could argue she's doing that in a more general sense through the theme of male narcissism. imo it gets even even better with the picture she's painting of an apocalyptic burning california that ties in so well with her introspective storytelling, considering burning landscapes and sudden destruction of things that took years developing have become prominent motifs of our times. that's miles ahead of l4l's almost abrupt separation of autobiography and politics. speaking of california, it moved me how on this record the dreamy la/california she has built on the last few records is beginning to crumble as she shares quite a few retrospective sentiments about new york and just gives me the overall feeling of having arrived at a certain point in california. i mean she never reduced that place to a one-dimensional paradise and i'm not expecting her to turn her back or something, i just like the way her tone and storytelling are shifting

kySyfQZ.jpg

He's white and straight so he'll probably drag it yCxfzvd.gif but I honestly don't care.

Honestly I did not know who the guy was so I looked up his review of Ultraviolence. For someone blowing his own trumpet so damn much, not knowing The Other Woman was an old song I had to laugh. I could care less what he thinks. His total lack of acknowledgement of the fact that Lana literally has inspired a whole culture and has dozens of artists literally copying her lyrics, imitating her imagery and basically mimicking her is not only laughable but also proof that what he tries to pass on as objective analysis is really just personal dislike so yeah he can bugger off.

Honestly I did not know who the guy was so I looked up his review of Ultraviolence. For someone blowing his own trumpet so damn much, not knowing The Other Woman was an old song I had to laugh. I could care less what he thinks. His total lack of acknowledgement of the fact that Lana literally has inspired a whole culture and has dozens of artists literally copying her lyrics, imitating her imagery and basically mimicking her is not only laughable but also proof that what he tries to pass on as objective analysis is really just personal dislike so yeah he can bugger off.

Preach, I don't understand how people still take him seriously after that UV review :rip:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I woke up deadly depressed today and all I needed was to come back home and listen to Norman and that's what I'm doing... feeling slightly better :') And I think I'll go running after it's done :)

I woke up deadly depressed today and all I needed was to come back home and listen to Norman and that's what I'm doing... feeling slightly better :') And I think I'll go running after it's done :)

Mr. Norman really can clear your skin and cure depressions GYWw6OB.gif the power

I’m so glad you like it now, I was really worried about your mental stability when you first heard it

LIZARD PEOPLE

idk if you guys already discussed about this, but what's with that vid lana uploaded on her fb page?

I'd love another homemade video, but a good one this time, not just like the ultraviolence one

I’m so glad you like it now, I was really worried about your mental stability when you first heard it

My mental stability is something to always be worried about, but thanks  :hooker:

There's things I wanna say to you
But I'll just let you live
Like if you hold me without hurting me
You'll be the first who ever did
There's things I wanna talk about
But better not to keep
But if you hold me without hurting me
You'll be the first who ever did

55U07pT.gif