Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

really tho- Me too. it's fucking beautiful. second verse gets me everytime. The cool, yet cinematic opening. it's so breezy, the piano, the context?? how it just all flows so effortlessly? it's like watching water fucking sparkle and flicker in the sun, clean wispy curtains dancing by the fucking sea? how simple and forward it is? that songs like fucking soft and beautiful like water. it's like a fucking passing DREAM get u a norman fucking rockwell. shit. GAHHAWD

what song are we talking about :rip:

Yeah. I expect Taylor's stuff to sell well and fly off the shelves. But like I said, is it because not a lot of people care for "Lover" or is it because her people were able to have more copies shipped to these stores? I don't know. 

I guess is because the only have to sell the Target version of NFR, but for Lover there's the regular one, plus 4 different exclusive Target editions, so I guess that most fans only got the $$$ for one version, Idk really lmao.

8nl2OpX.png

bbbbb.jpg

1. The greatest

2. Mariners Apartment Complex 

3. Cinnamon Girl

4. Fuck it, I love you

5. Love song

6. Venice Bitch

7. hope is a dangerous thing

8. Happiness is a Butterfly

9. Doin' Time

10. California

11. Norman Fucking Rockwell

12. How To Disappear

13. The Next Best American Record

14. Bartender

kinda wish she didn't release The greatest as a single pre-album tbh, it would have been a GREAt discovery when listening for the first time

nice cocc bro

1 Happiness Is A Butterfly

2 The Greatest

3 Bartender

4 Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For A Woman Like Me To Have - But I Have It

5 Mariners Apartment Complex

6 Venice Bitch

7 California

8 Love Song

9 Fuck It I Love You

10 Norman Fucking Rockwell

11 Cinnamon Girl

12 Doin' Time

13 How To Disappear

14 The Next Best American Record

Mfhp.gif

To touch on the Target thing, I used to work there for years up until a few months ago-trust me they definitely never plan on someone like lana burning sales as she is, we'd get like 3 boxes of 25 and there you go. Taylor on the other hand we got tons of all the time, whether they sold or not as all the extras would also sell out by the time we got to black friday night. They dont keep cds very long anymore so Lana stays sold out sometimes

Hm ok but Doin Time's actually great for the record imo, it's the perfect pick me up

tenor.gif

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I edited the final chorus of the leaked BAR into the new version. I think its kind of better this way.

Thank you King!

May I do a little request? Can you blend the final part from the Apple performance of HTD to the studio version of HTD?

Idk why but it just really bugs me that it doesn't end with the second "I'm always going to be right here, no one's going anywhere".

Please, do it for the culture :creep:

8nl2OpX.png

Such a good album I can’t

This truly marks her growth as an artist in every way.

Her voice really aged like fine wine. The Greatest is really one of her most political songs in the sense that she accurately captures the disillusionment in America in light of recent events. It’s just very self aware and almost kitschy but it’s so heartbreaking hearing her reminisce about the past as if she’s trying to run away from the present.