Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Norman Fucking Rockwell!  

1,016 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from NFR?

• Norman Fucking Rockwell
    • Mariners Apartment Complex
    • Venice Bitch
    • Fuck It, I Love You
    • Doin' Time
    • Love Song
    • Cinnamon Girl
    • How to Disappear
    • California
    • The Next Best American Record
    • The Greatest
    • Bartender
    • Happiness is a Butterfly
    • hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it

I'm getting that from the fact she releases an album every to years. That's not being a musician as much as it is fulfilling a contract.

the two years pattern doesn't exist, it's purely coincidental and has nothing to do with a 'contract', lfl was delayed because of change in production and nfr for the same reason 

I don’t know if I’m allowed to say that but my friend just found a nfr ice cream truck and some worker said to him that they need the trucks at the pop up around 2-3pm for some photos bc Lana is going to be there meeting fans today 

I don’t know if I’m allowed to say that but my friend just found a nfr ice cream truck and some worker said to him that they need the trucks at the pop up around 2-3pm for some photos bc Lana is going to be there meeting fans today

You should post this in the pop up store thread too! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

well excuse us sir, we had no idea ariana invented lowercase

We Stan casing queens.

Anyways, I tried putting the songs into a ranking and then a tiered ranking but it’s too hard and I only ended up with three tiers (God Tier, Amazing tier, and Doin’ Time) but I really love the record. My top 5 (can’t do top 3 sorry), are Venice Bitch, NFR, Love Song, happiness, and bartender. I must echo the sentiment that only intellectuals like Bartender. It’s amazing.

It feels strange that she gets such praise from media these days because I’m so used to the majority of the world not “getting” her like us fans, but I’m so so happy she’s finally getting that recognition she deserves.

as much as I LOVE the title track and think it deserves to be heard, its most likely due to its placement in the tracklist, most people will start the album with it and might not finish it, you know

also, he went on a wild rant months ago about how Lana using the expression "crack another beer" was unappealing b/c it sounded like a trashy way of putting it. DRAG HA

Some here are clearly not educated, and are hostile, irrational trolls to boot, who loves taking things out of context and attempting to bully whomever they can from the relatively safe distance of the internet. They’re everything that was wrong about the pre-NFR thread, and worse, hiding pathetically behind masks of liberal tolerance and ethical standing.

California is terrible ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why yall like this song?

Not trolling, being serious.

Honestly at first listen California was my least favorite (yes I'm still pretending that Hope doesn't exist) but now it's really growing on me, I kinda love it.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Honestly at first listen California was my least favorite (yes I'm still pretending that Hope doesn't exist) but now it's really growing on me, I kinda love it.

i tried sis but her singing in the chorus sounds like ginger fox from icarly

i didnt liked it since the first IG teaser K3D0SAg.gif

Same-ish. I never disliked it but it wasn’t one of my favorites immediately. The more I listen the better it gets. It’s got this intense driving rhythmic quality to its chorus. It’s like she’s pleading with someone (Barrie) to come back.