Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

huh never heard of honeymoon being originally called music to watch boys to.... so much to think about

it definitely happened. but the exact quote i believe was more along the lines of saying “i have a record i’m working on called ‘Music To Watch Boys To’” which got misconstrued as the album title when a lot of artists say “record” meaning “track” so she could’ve meant either thing. as a song or an album. i always took it as she meant it for the album title too

antyways.. i haven't really been on this thread so forgive me if something like this was already posted but the tracklist so far could be:

Looking for America

White Hot Forever (assuming she has a title track)

Hey Blue Baby

I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy

Talking Like an Answering Machine (assuming it's not scrapped)

Yosemite

Cactus (assuming the cover hasn't been scrapped?)

don’t expect any of those to be on it honestly... maybe the two songs she did live (IMBSFBSH & HBB), MAYBE but it’s not likely at all, those have either been scrapped or saved for a different unreleased project

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

antyways.. i haven't really been on this thread so forgive me if something like this was already posted but the tracklist so far could be:

Looking for America

White Hot Forever (assuming she has a title track)

Hey Blue Baby

I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy

Talking Like an Answering Machine (assuming it's not scrapped)

Yosemite

Cactus (assuming the cover hasn't been scrapped?)

Cactus and Talking Like an Answering Machine are both extremely suspect registrations. Cactus is only on APRA, which has very weird practices regarding cover versions, live-only songs and samples, where lots of artists end up getting listed on songs they have next to nothing to do with. TLAAM is registered as being composed solely by “Lana Del Rey”, whereas everything else on the site it was found on had co-composers and listed the name “Elizabeth Woolridge Grant”.

Personally, I don’t believe either is a real recorded track.

it definitely happened. but the exact quote i believe was more along the lines of saying “i have a record i’m working on called ‘Music To Watch Boys To’” which got misconstrued as the album title when a lot of artists say “record” meaning “track” so she could’ve meant either thing. as a song or an album. i always took it as she meant it for the album title too

don’t expect any of those to be on it honestly... maybe the two songs she did live (IMBSFBSH & HBB), MAYBE but it’s not likely at all, those have either been scrapped or saved for a different unreleased project

i'm sure a lot of us thought the same thing about bartender, tnbar, etc.

i'm sure a lot of us thought the same thing about bartender, tnbar, etc.

tnbar was a surprise, you’re right, BUT but her releasing Yosemite or Roses Bloom For You or any of those other tracks are just as likely as her releasing Your Girl or Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight or any other unreleased track. realistically, it probably won’t happen. and if it does, great, more material for us. but i definitely won’t expect it to happen

Looking For America won’t be on an album and if it is, chances are she’s only adding it as a filler. it’s already released and when most artists release stand alone singles, they tend to leave them off to bridge the gaps between albums. this is a common thing.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

tnbar was a surprise, you’re right, BUT but her releasing Yosemite or Roses Bloom For You or any of those other tracks are just as likely as her releasing Your Girl or Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight or any other unreleased track. realistically, it probably won’t happen. and if it does, great, more material for us. but i definitely won’t expect it to happen

Looking For America won’t be on an album and if it is, chances are she’s only adding it as a filler. it’s already released and when most artists release stand alone singles, they tend to leave them off to bridge the gaps between albums. this is a common thing.

since when has lana ever been a "common" artist? every original song she has released has ended up on one of her albums, aside from big eyes and young and beautiful which were specifically for movies. what's one song she has released as a standalone single? we all thought mac and vb wouldn't be on the album bc it came out a year later, however they ended up on there. well, didn't she say whf was coming within this year?  :hooker:

What is Talking Like an answering machine..??? I've never heard of that. Did it leak before?

Also.. HBB and IMBSFSH deserve a place in some album. I would love for a country jazz album from Lana.

I literally typed in the discord multiple times that we almost got

God Bless America

Black Beauty

Music to Watch Boys To

Best American Record and

Bird World

good to know no one listens to me :toofunny:

She was gonna call BTD as GBA. source pls?

Also for LFL...

I literally typed in the discord multiple times that we almost got

God Bless America

Black Beauty

Music to Watch Boys To

Best American Record and

Bird World

good to know no one listens to me  :toofunny:

Ultraviolence was first called Black Beauty...I didn't know that. I believe you but is there any proof?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

since when has lana ever been a "common" artist? every original song she has released has ended up on one of her albums, aside from big eyes and young and beautiful which were specifically for movies. what's one song she has released as a standalone single? we all thought mac and vb wouldn't be on the album bc it came out a year later, however they ended up on there. well, didn't she say whf was coming within this year? :hooker:

i didn’t think anyone thought VB or MAC wouldn’t be on the album??? they were the first singles which she even said when VB came out that they’d be included on the album, which she revealed the album title during the premier of VB.... there was no reason to expect those to not be on it aside from a time gap.

no she isn’t a conventional artist but that doesn’t mean she can’t do conventional things. she’s talked about doing stand-alones and short ep’s before, plenty of times, just never did it.

i dont know where everyone gets the BTD was gonna be called GBA since AKA was also gonna be called GBA in its early phases

https://www.facebook.com/lanadelrey/photos/a.185862164789575/215620785147046?type=3&sfns=mo

post date July 2011, when the album released Jan 2012

giphy.gif

i dont know where everyone gets the BTD was gonna be called GBA since AKA was also gonna be called GBA in its early phases

Wasn’t AKA originally supposed to be “Nevada” though before they had to incorporate the name change into the title? Or was that just made up later on by fans?

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

What is Talking Like an answering machine..??? I've never heard of that. Did it leak before?

Also.. HBB and IMBSFSH deserve a place in some album. I would love for a country jazz album from Lana.

She was gonna call BTD as GBA. source pls?

Also for LFL...

i’m not sure about her naming UV Black Beauty or LFL BAR, i’ve never heard that.

zP3ohiv.jpg

here’s the date of that post made

R0Ld1uV.jpg

giphy.gif

what's one song she has released as a standalone single?

It's a relatively new practice for her so it's hard to predict but keep in mind that she commented on Ariana's pattern of releasing music fast that it's inspiring and that she likes the idea of putting music out in real time (regarding Coachella) so I personally think Looking For America won't end up on an album

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

So White Hot Forever will be basically Norman Fucking Rockwell 2.0

https://vidoza.net/embed-zvifuuvquvyq.html

that link doesn’t work :/

giphy.gif

So White Hot Forever will be basically Norman Fucking Rockwell 2.0

https://vidoza.net/embed-zvifuuvquvyq.html

Well, in the early stages of NFR, she said it would be in the vein of Change (which a couple of tracks are). She is still in the early stages of WHF: she might decide to change its direction sonically in the next months. I love NFR, but I hope that WHF will be its own thing, not a NFR 2.0 or LFL 2.0 or any other album 2.0