Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

Really hope Rick Nowels and/or Justin Parker get involved in the writing of this album.  I need some new songs with epic bridges.

Lana always had so good bridges and some of them are legendary and I need more bridges on WHF again....

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Really hope Rick Nowels and/or Justin Parker get involved in the writing of this album. I need some new songs with epic bridges.

Rick made Bartender and the song has no bridge... If Lana doesn't want to write a bridge, she can work with whoever she wants, but there will be no bridge

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Rick made Bartender and the song has no bridge... If Lana doesn't want to write a bridge, she can work with whoever she wants, but there will be no bridge

True. But at the same time the vast majority of songs on Honeymoon had bridges and it remains her most complete album too. Lyrically, or from a a song construction perspective, I find that there's something missing on a lot of tracks on NFR! (aside from the production/mastering). For instance, to me, California ends too abruptly, or like Hope is just very repetitive and drags on for way too long. The Next Best American Record, imho, despite not being as good as the demo version, is probably the most complete song lyrically on this record, and you know why? *Bridge*  :creep:

She and Jack definitely traded bridges for long musical outros on this record, I felt as though it was completely unnecessary at times, felt like kind of a drag to me personally.

For White Hot Forever (LDR6, LP6 (?)), I hope she has a completely different approach to making music than what she had on NFR!.

True. But at the same time the vast majority of songs on Honeymoon had bridges and it remains her most complete album too. Lyrically, or from a a song construction perspective, I find that there's something missing on a lot of tracks on NFR! (aside from the production/mastering). For instance, to me, California ends too abruptly, or like Hope is just very repetitive and drags on for way too long. The Next Best American Record, imho, despite not being as good as the demo version, is probably the most complete song lyrically on this record, and you know why? *Bridge* :creep:

She and Jack definitely traded bridges for long musical outros on this record, I felt as though it was completely unnecessary at times, felt like kind of a drag to me personally.

For White Hot Forever (LDR6, LP6 (?)), I hope she has a completely different approach to making music than what she had on NFR!.

The bridge of TNBAR has always been one of my favourite things, even when it was still unreleased. But I don't really mind the lack of bridges. The outros and super instrumental moments make it for me. But I can understand that for someone who doesn't particularly like NFR's production, the lack of bridges can feel like a problem. Honeymoon has the best bridges and if Lana wants to start having bridges in her songs again, they better be good and impacful, and not weak or super short

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

The bridge of TNBAR has always been one of my favourite things, even when it was still unreleased. But I don't really mind the lack of bridges. The outros and super instrumental moments make it for me. But I can understand that for someone who doesn't particularly like NFR's production, the lack of bridges can feel like a problem. Honeymoon has the best bridges and if Lana wants to start having bridges in her songs again, they better be good and impacful, and not weak or super short

But that's the thing though... I felt like the musical outros on NFR! were kinda weak. Like in The greatest, it was weak to me, just lonesome piano notes? On Venice Bitch the musical interlude/outro makes up for more than half of the song, and it felt unnecessary long to me almost corny. I know this is an unpopular opinion, I know a lot of fans now revere VB has one of her best track, but to me it's a cute song, but just because it's 10 minutes long, doesn't make me think it's revolutionary for Lana as the instrumentation is very random in it. Also, Cinnamon Girl, that outro was very anticlimatic to me, same for How to disappear (but that goes for the entire song too).

I would definitely love her to get more bridges on WHF in lieu of these musical outros, but to each their own I guess.

both season of the witch and looking for America use that really separated vocal layering and I hope she continues to use it on this album

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

Is this turning into the NFR! Post Release Thread again?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I went ahead and adjusted the title to "LDR7 / White Hot Forever Pre-Pre-Release Thread" as according to recent news, the title may have been scrapped.

Also, I just went through the entire thread and relocated about 320 posts aka 16 pages worth of posts that didn't belong in this thread. Most posts were moved to the NFR Post-Release thread, and some were moved to other threads such as the Random Lana Discussion Thread & other Post-Release threads. Remember to please please please keep posts in this thread related to WHF! If the content of your post does not pertain to the topic of this thread, please post it in a more fitting thread.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

COP cock gave it away. :P I wouldnt mind this album that way tho tbh. Tracklist seems nice. You got Upbeat songs like Yosemite, let me love u like a woman(probably).

Also she said shes done about 3 songs for the record...so that means none of the old songs will be featured ? I would like a short EP of Hey baby blue, IMBSFSH, Yosemite and Roses Bloom for you. Add in a bit of remastered A Star for Nick or All You Need. Or quite possibly a TGL OR LIB.

A gay can dream.

oh honey...

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Really excited to see where Lana goes both thematically and sonically with this record - more introspective and reflective? happier? sadder? 

in the vein of NFR? folk/country? jazz?

Really excited to see where Lana goes both thematically and sonically with this record - more introspective and reflective? happier? sadder? 

in the vein of NFR? folk/country? jazz?

I can imagine that theme of the next record is hope, at least in the beginning of the album.Maybe it turns into a more happier album. Lana seems to be in a happier state of mind and it seems like she is happy with the cop guy. But I'm excited anyway.

I can imagine that the WHF song is kinda about that Lana will be white hot forever  no matter what will happen or maybe that she is on fire now

OiUHEXQ.jpg

She followed yet another Youtube channel made for children. I'm pretty sure that LD7 is going to be a kids' album now and she'll be up against Peppa Pig in the race for that Grammy.

The new album "The Toy Heroes Games" including the single "Dru saves Gru from Laser attack Despicable me" out in June 2020

But seriously is she still babysitting or is  her little secret that she loves channels made for children.  Or maybe you are right and LDR7 is her kids album. The album our childrens and childrens-children deserve

OiUHEXQ.jpg

I went ahead and adjusted the title to "LDR7 / White Hot Forever Pre-Pre-Release Thread" as according to recent news, the title may have been scrapped.

Also, I just went through the entire thread and relocated about 320 posts aka 16 pages worth of posts that didn't belong in this thread. Most posts were moved to the NFR Post-Release thread, and some were moved to other threads such as the Random Lana Discussion Thread & other Post-Release threads. Remember to please please please keep posts in this thread related to WHF! If the content of your post does not pertain to the topic of this thread, please post it in a more fitting thread.

Hey Elle / mods!

An idea I had but not really sure where it fits?

It's so cool that we have these discussion threads for L4L, Honeymoon, WHF. I was thinking you should make one for AKA too, like an official discussion thread for the album as a whole and then there would be a place to discuss any thoughts about that body of work as a whole :)

I've been sayingthis for a while now, but I think it'd be fireball cometbal amazing if Lana somehow managed to give us some space discoooooo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZ-11-kOSQ

that's unlikely for White Hot Forever/LDR7, but that would actually be amazing I think!

Fun fact Lana actually worked with Giorgio Moroder, apparently she left him hang in there and never got back in the studio with him  :rip: