Elle

LDR7 / White Hot Forever - Pre-Pre-Release Thread - OUT SEPTEMBER 5TH, 2020

The hype is off the charts already, which is not surprising considering this is going to be the best album of all time.

3eT4AbO.png

https://www.stereogum.com/2067828/most-anticipated-albums-2020/franchises/2019-in-review/

Sis that’s literally on a chart. It’s #5

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Like imagine Jack just putting that HTD intro out of pure fuckery and she agreed can he deliver again? Please

I want a trip hop record from her can he deliver????

Imagine thinking Jack can deliver a Lana album period. He needs to get the hell away from Lana. I don't want Beige Fucking Walls! part. two.

I can't wait for the visuals for this album by the incredible Chuck :flutter: : Lana sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes, smiling in her sunglasses with a Snapchat-filter-esque-added white hot suns in them, her dancers in white dancing around looking at the iPhone camera with their sexy stares and with a dramatic CGI explosion of the toilet at the end instead of flushing

LOL

For the next album Lana will upload a bunch of footage of herself in front of a green screen and say "this is THE diy era faggots make your own music videos!" and vanish for another year  :toofunny:

Actually there will be just a video, no music on it, and she will say too "Make your own album!". Then she will become the most critically acclaimed artist of all times and will be rewarded with all the existent awards on earth. The culture is lit!

I can't wait for the visuals for this album by the incredible Chuck :flutter: : Lana sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes, smiling in her sunglasses with a Snapchat-filter-esque-added white hot suns in them, her dancers in white dancing around looking at the iPhone camera with their sexy stares and with a dramatic CGI explosion of the toilet at the end instead of flushing

I'm crying y'all omfg

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I can't wait for the visuals for this album by the incredible Chuck :flutter: : Lana sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes, smiling in her sunglasses with a Snapchat-filter-esque-added white hot suns in them, her dancers in white dancing around looking at the iPhone camera with their sexy stares and with a dramatic CGI explosion of the toilet at the end instead of flushing

We stan the three part music video for White poop forever, Let me love you like a toilet and Hope is a dangerous thing for your pants to have when you eat too much Chili

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Geez you guys wont let a woman live in peace or produce her art as she wishes. The 3 videos were filmed probably a year ago when she was going thru so much shit. Joe had dumped her. Then she dumped Chase. And she got so much shit for the Palestine situation as well. Obviously shes gonna go lowkey and put 0 effort in her videos. Just putting it out for the sake of it cause she was probably depressed af and her label then fucked her by delaying her album for that fake angsty teen's album. . .

Geez you guys wont let a woman live in peace or produce her art as she wishes. The 3 videos were filmed probably a year ago when she was going thru so much shit. Joe had dumped her. Then she dumped Chase. And she got so much shit for the Palestine situation as well. Obviously shes gonna go lowkey and put 0 effort in her videos. Just putting it out for the sake of it cause she was probably depressed af and her label then fucked her by delaying her album for that fake angsty teen's album. . .

I'm sure all of this depressing shot pushed her into filming a video where she behaves like Judy from down street at 16 years, shortly after puberty hit and shortly before she crashed her moms car in a terrible accident.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Geez you guys wont let a woman live in peace or produce her art as she wishes. 

Maaaaate, art is subjective. No one here is solely criticising Lana's work because it's fun, it's being criticised because people have differing tastes and a high standard of what she is able to achieve as an artist. If you blindly praise everything and don't discern between what is quality and what isn't, all you're doing is eroding away your integrity and you'll have no credibility to stand on when you praise something that is an actual accomplishment. Explaining she produced a low quality product because she got dumped and didn't feel like putting any effort into the video is excusing a level of laziness that I don't want to see from my favourite artist. This is reflected by the lack of fanfare, the video view count being very low, and the general consensus of users on Lanaboards, the most wonderful place in all the world where every day is magical. 

The Greatness/FIILY has a similar vibe of nothingness but it is beautifully shot and produced - it has variation in locations, tonal changes and facial expressions gradually changing, and rose tinted nostalgia for the past and intertextual references from her back catalogue. Whereas the latest trio seem unrelated and made from footage that now encompasses FIVE music videos . . . happy to chat more about it in the appropriate release thread!

Bringing it back to LDR7, yeah, we are laughing a bit but yeah, I really hope the quality lifts back. I know Lana was taken aback to hear that her fans still wanted high quality videos, but the images she creates really make a big impact. When I was directing an actress I was super excited that NFR was coming out and we chatted at length - she said she refers to Blue Jeans MV as a stimulus for so many of her powerful characters and it honestly made me so happy to hear that that impact has lived on.  :flutter:

3lfQEhw.png

can we stop with this shit? you are doing THE SAME THING people did to Lana at the beginning of her career. she's still a teen, have some fucking decency. it's so difficult to be in that position of fame at such a young age and receive all this shit talk from people like you. i know she'll never read your post, but the fact that you go around thinking you, fucking you, know the depth of her emotions. it's so tiring hearing y'all call her fake angsty. most teens are real angsty. 

what i'm trying to say is Billie Eilish expresses herself through her art. imagine pouring a deep, intimate part of you into something you love and getting told that it's factitious, that you don't really feel that way, that you're a fraud. do you know how fucking invalidating that is dude? she has done literally nothing wrong. the labels pushed the album, she had probably no control over the release date and it pushing NFR's release. she was 17 how much power do you think execs are giving her? just stop invalidating someone else's feelings. it tells them that "you are not being truthful enough, your sadness isn't convincing, prove you're really sad". stop saying it's fake. not to like being an attention whore, but i literally used to overdose on shit purposely or hurt myself because i was being told my angst, my sadness, my mental illness was "fake". i felt like i had to prove how sad i was. if she's sad, just take it for her word, she knows herself better than you do.

i'm sorry your favorite veteran millionaire singer didn't have priority status for her shit album over a younger, rising talent.

invalidate my emotions harder daddy  :cumming2:

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

she has departed from her la baddie persona for a more humble oklahoma housewife energy

I don't know and I may be wrong, but... Sometimes I get the impression that Lana is a person easily influenced, behaving the way people in her social circle want/would like her to behave.

Does anyone else have this impression about her?

giphy.gif

I don't know and I may be wrong, but... Sometimes I get the impression that Lana is a person easily influenced, behaving the way people in her social circle want/would like her to behave.

Does anyone else have this impression about her?

some people, lacking a strong core identity, mimic the traits of those around them because they don't quite know how to feel, what to feel. they probably feel things in an "abnormal" way (too strongly, too sensitive, etc.) and look to others for guidance because they believe they aren't really sure what the "right" way to feel is. they usually feel split, desiring completely opposing things and they can easily see the good and bad in every situation, and are very adaptable (chameleon soul). it's funny because besides being, seemingly, easily influenced she also is known for not really breaking her character or her persona. this isn't to say she can't make up her own mind on things or that she has no desires, just that it may be harder to define and come to a conclusion on what she wants. some things are always present and strong like the wanting to become an artist, to create, and that is probably one of the only solid things she's had to hold onto. it is her rock and through all her confusion, she knows at the end of the day that she wants to be creating art. her art is influenced by her environment and herself though, of course. i think she can see the good in everyone which is a very helpful quality to have when you're faced with a lot of bad. i think she has usually been hopeful, but not so much lately. being able to see the good and the bad, being able to take the whole world in and analyze it and forgive it is... idk cool i guess. her Ride monologue always gets me, especially in the part where she says "I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality, just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean" because I believe that has been one of her biggest struggles in life and that she's being very intimate and raw with us when she tells us that. i believe it is 100% true that she feels that way and i guess it's because i find it easy to relate to. her persona is so strong because of her shaky self-identity, she needed something to latch onto. she always needs to know who she is and i guess maybe that time she was very lonely and didn't have anyone with traits strong enough to mirror. her persona has these defining qualities and is a somewhat complex character (and it is truly her, not just a character) because she needed to define who she was. you can tell by her music that's she capable of doing a lot of different things in terms of sound and persona, but she has always had some fixed traits that you can even see as far back as the Young Like Me ep that are still present in her music now. and being so capable is what has made her shine and what i believe has driven her success. she easily adapts because that is her way of survival. some abuse survivors have to adapt to their environment to survive, they have to shape themselves into whatever character doesn't get them hurt, they have to cater to what the abuser wants in an attempt to not provoke them. now i am not at all saying i think she was abused, just that she went through life experiencing something similar where she was forced to change at a young age and that led to her split identity. 

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

some people, lacking a strong core identity, mimic the traits of those around them because they don't quite know how to feel, what to feel. they probably feel things in an "abnormal" way (too strongly, too sensitive, etc.) and look to others for guidance because they believe they aren't really sure what the "right" way to feel is. they usually feel split, desiring completely opposing things and they can easily see the good and bad in every situation, and are very adaptable (chameleon soul). it's funny because besides being, seemingly, easily influenced she also is known for not really breaking her character or her persona. this isn't to say she can't make up her own mind on things or that she has no desires, just that it may be harder to define and come to a conclusion on what she wants. some things are always present and strong like the wanting to become an artist, to create, and that is probably one of the only solid things she's had to hold onto. it is her rock and through all her confusion, she knows at the end of the day that she wants to be creating art. her art is influenced by her environment and herself though, of course. i think she can see the good in everyone which is a very helpful quality to have when you're faced with a lot of bad. i think she has usually been hopeful, but not so much lately. being able to see the good and the bad, being able to take the whole world in and analyze it and forgive it is... idk cool i guess. her Ride monologue always gets me, especially in the part where she says "I had a chameleon soul, no moral compass pointing due north, no fixed personality, just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and as wavering as the ocean" because I believe that has been one of her biggest struggles in life and that she's being very intimate and raw with us when she tells us that. i believe it is 100% true that she feels that way and i guess it's because i find it easy to relate to. her persona is so strong because of her shaky self-identity, she needed something to latch onto. she always needs to know who she is and i guess maybe that time she was very lonely and didn't have anyone with traits strong enough to mirror. her persona has these defining qualities and is a somewhat complex character (and it is truly her, not just a character) because she needed to define who she was. you can tell by her music that's she capable of doing a lot of different things in terms of sound and persona, but she has always had some fixed traits that you can even see as far back as the Young Like Me ep that are still present in her music now. and being so capable is what has made her shine and what i believe has driven her success. she easily adapts because that is her way of survival. some abuse survivors have to adapt to their environment to survive, they have to shape themselves into whatever character doesn't get them hurt, they have to cater to what the abuser wants in an attempt to not provoke them. now i am not at all saying i think she was abused, just that she went through life experiencing something similar where she was forced to change at a young age and that led to her split identity. 

this is the kind of analysis i want to see when i log onto Lanaboards

can we stop with this shit? you are doing THE SAME THING people did to Lana at the beginning of her career. she's still a teen, have some fucking decency. it's so difficult to be in that position of fame at such a young age and receive all this shit talk from people like you. i know she'll never read your post, but the fact that you go around thinking you, fucking you, know the depth of her emotions. it's so tiring hearing y'all call her fake angsty. most teens are real angsty. 

what i'm trying to say is Billie Eilish expresses herself through her art. imagine pouring a deep, intimate part of you into something you love and getting told that it's factitious, that you don't really feel that way, that you're a fraud. do you know how fucking invalidating that is dude? she has done literally nothing wrong. the labels pushed the album, she had probably no control over the release date and it pushing NFR's release. she was 17 how much power do you think execs are giving her? just stop invalidating someone else's feelings. it tells them that "you are not being truthful enough, your sadness isn't convincing, prove you're really sad". stop saying it's fake. not to like being an attention whore, but i literally used to overdose on shit purposely or hurt myself because i was being told my angst, my sadness, my mental illness was "fake". i felt like i had to prove how sad i was. if she's sad, just take it for her word, she knows herself better than you do.

i'm sorry your favorite veteran millionaire singer didn't have priority status for her shit album over a younger, rising talent.

invalidate my emotions harder daddy  :cumming2:

This felt so good to read.

GET HER!

5MtyEEf.gif

yes. print this in the bible asap!!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e